Thu 19 Nov: SL: Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 7.45pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/11/20 at 20:15

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

You've seen us play right?

Everything points to a Wigan win, I don't live in some sort of fantasy World.

If we have a good day at the office and Wigan don't then we might be in with a shout. I just think that's unlikely.

Wigan have two thirds of the votes in the poll as to who will win, so it looks like my opinion is backed up by the majority.

Yes I have and enjoyed seeing the great turnaround Last has overseen and the entertaining rugby Hull have played over the last couple of months so can’t understand the negativity.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

Yes I have and enjoyed seeing the great turnaround Last has overseen and the entertaining rugby Hull have played over the last couple of months so can’t understand the negativity.

This isn't RLFans mate, where just because you follow a team you think they'll win every week.

I was cautiously optimistic v Wire because, with all due respect to them, they have error ridden performances in them.

I just think that Wigan are a whole different lot to Wire, you don't often see them making unforced errors and they tend to make any errors your team make very costly.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

This isn't RLFans mate, where just because you follow a team you think they'll win every week.

I was cautiously optimistic v Wire because, with all due respect to them, they have error ridden performances in them.

I just think that Wigan are a whole different lot to Wire, you don't often see them making unforced errors and they tend to make any errors your team make very costly.

Mate you follow a team you never back to win.

27 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

My post from the Hull KR v Hull FC thread :

We should win if current form is a guide.

Shaul missing is a blow as he's been a thorn in Rovers' side in past derbies. Mind you, if Connor Wynn takes his place, who knows what might happen after last years big win at the KC.

Hull FC 38 Rervers 18.

(Thanks for giving me the opportunity to mention this game again..😀 )

Good luck to FC. I think that winning the LLS will make a positive difference to our performance in a semi, and that we will be focussed and effective. Yesterday showed that anything cabin happen in our game, with a good game plan and some in game good fortune. Am cautiously optimistic, but even if we lose we will have had a good year (with exciting retention and recruitment suggesting next year should be even better), and if we are going to lose to anyone losing to those friendly FC lot is about as good as it gets. 

Can anyone help me out a bit?

These are the two clubs I like least of all in the league and I'm struggling to work out which I'd like to win (or which I'd rather lose tbh).

Any other neutrals got good reasons for backing one or other tonight?

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

You've seen us play right?

Everything points to a Wigan win, I don't live in some sort of fantasy World.

If we have a good day at the office and Wigan don't then we might be in with a shout. I just think that's unlikely.

Wigan have two thirds of the votes in the poll as to who will win, so it looks like my opinion is backed up by the majority.

Theres nothing wrong with tempering your expectations a bit. I know we have all been hurt before by this team when we've allowed ourselves to get our hopes up! But I'm kind of with Davo on this one. There have been some very positive signs for us over the last couple of months. Both our attitude and our organisation has improved massively, and if we continue that into this game then we have every chance.

Wigan are a very good team, but they have weaknesses, and its been a while since they showed up in a big knock out game. They were terrible against Leeds in the cup semi. Powell missing is a real blow aswell, not just missing Powell himself, but also the disruption it will likely bring to their halves.

I dont think its quite true to say that we have to be at our best and Wigan have to be off colour. I think if we play to our ability Wigan might struggle to go with us. We have some huge, physical guys and a lot of attacking threats.

But like I said, we've been hurt before. 😆 

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

18 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

Exactly. 

Please read the following.

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

My post from the Hull KR v Hull FC thread :

We should win if current form is a guide.

Shaul missing is a blow as he's been a thorn in Rovers' side in past derbies. Mind you, if Connor Wynn takes his place, who knows what might happen after last years big win at the KC.

Hull FC 38 Rervers 18.

(Thanks for giving me the opportunity to mention this game again..😀 )

And while you seem to have appeared again, could you let me know what I was so wrong about regarding Adam Pearson in hospital please?

Thank you.

A sudden surge of optimism in me...

Wigan 18 Hull FC 25.

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Can anyone help me out a bit?

These are the two clubs I like least of all in the league and I'm struggling to work out which I'd like to win (or which I'd rather lose tbh).

Couldn’t care less who wins tonight, my least favourite team lost last week to the magnificent Catalans😏

14 hours ago, Loiner said:

Not really nobody remembers the loser.

Apart from every Hull FC fan if you ask who Rhinos beat in the 2015 CC Final! 
and they’ll tell you what the score was! 😂😂

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

22 minutes ago, Loiner said:

??? Please elaborate.

Well Loiner it leaves out why we turn up when we're not successful for a start. According to your understanding, as much as you've elaborated it, the rest of us needn't bother as we're among the forgotten!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

22 minutes ago, Moose said:

Couldn’t care less who wins tonight, my least favourite team lost last week to the magnificent Catalans😏

I'm glad Huns south of the river are keeping up those Loiner-hating traditions.

We'll be winning more stuff soon enough - whilst I'm really not sure you shall again.

30 minutes ago, Moose said:

I can remember when you beat your least favourite club in the pre season Lazenby Cup games.Leeds tried to buy a team while local youngsters from South Leeds wanted to play for Hunslet.

Be great to see hull in GF, am sure if they play as good as last game they could nick it by maybe 4 points. Wigan could just be too much in last few minutes too so who knows,gonna be a cracking game for sure. hope its not down to some VR call.

1 hour ago, M j M said:

I'm glad Huns south of the river are keeping up those Loiner-hating traditions.

We'll be winning more stuff soon enough - whilst I'm really not sure you shall again.

If you don’t like the answer, don’t ask the question😀

Incidentally, it's Hull FC Chairman and owner Adam Pearson's 56th birthday today, and it's Johnny Whiteley's 90th birthday tomorrow.

So come on Wigan, do the decent thing and roll over please! 😀

5 hours ago, M j M said:

Strangely enough that applies to the other semi for me.  Would like Hull to win tonight but Wigan probably have a better chance of not blowing it in the final.  Will probably side with the team Kendall hammers.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 minute ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Strangely enough that applies to the other semi for me.  Would like Hull to win tonight but Wigan probably have a better chance of not blowing it in the final.  Will probably side with the team Kendall hammers.

Always with the underdogs me.

As an RL fan I don't see any other alternative.

I see you went for the full Richie Myler avatar photo!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

On paper Wigan should win this, however on paper, Wigan should have beaten Salford in the semi's last year and look how that turned out. It's got to be at the back of Adrian Lam's mind and will be on a lot of Wiganers minds if Hull are in the game come the final 20 minutes.

Andy Last may be on to something at the FC building a "tribe" plkayers that dont just play for the shirt but their mates in the team. A XIII that plays as a team will always beat XIII glacticos who do not. it's the secret of Salford's success over the past year and a lesson learned it would seem in West Hull.

Give my tipping record in the playoffs 😉, I can only predict a nailed on Wigan Win....

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

On 18/11/2020 at 12:09, Old Frightful said:

Jeez, already starting to feel the nerves for this one.

I was just excitedly looking forward to the game until a few hours ago.

Getting nervous now.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived