Thu 19 Nov: SL: Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 7.45pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/11/20 at 20:15

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Oh well, game day is here.

It's a repeat of the 2016 SF that I went to with a few pals. We didn't expect to win then so travelled across knowing that it would probably be our last game of the season, and it ended up being just that. If memory serves, we were 16-0 down and fought back to lead 16-18, with Marc Sneyd kicking a touchline conversion under massive pressure to put us 2 points in front. Sadly for us it didn't last and we ended up 28-18 losers I think.

I reckon we're a better side now than then but, as Wellsy says, we certainly know how to implode when the chips are down.

Still, believe it or not, I have a hopeful if not good feeling about tonight, Wigan are strong favourites it seems and rightly so. It's nice being the underdog, not much pressure and hopefully most neutrals wanting us to win. I'm sure we'll give it a good shot and if we come up short then it's still been a better end to the season than us Hull fans could have expected.

Here's to a hopefully close and exciting game with little in the way of controversy to extend this match thread to more than a dozen or so pages.

Oh, and I hope we win! 😀

That was the game featuring the only time I can ever recall the VR adjudicating on two tries at the same time. IIRC Wigan spilled the ball on Hull's goal line, Hull picked up and went the length of the field to score. Both were checked but Hull's was awarded after what seemed to be an eternity.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

Hastings named at hooker with Smith & Tommy in the halves,not sure about that.

I'll be surprised if Hastings and Leuluai don't reverse those roles during the game. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Incidentally, it's Hull FC Chairman and owner Adam Pearson's 56th birthday today, and it's Johnny Whiteley's 90th birthday tomorrow.

So come on Wigan, do the decent thing and roll over please! 😀

Really nice feature with Johnny on Look North just now.

20 minutes ago, Ullman said:

That was the game featuring the only time I can ever recall the VR adjudicating on two tries at the same time. IIRC Wigan spilled the ball on Hull's goal line, Hull picked up and went the length of the field to score. Both were checked but Hull's was awarded after what seemed to be an eternity.

'Twas the other way round mate. Shaul wandered over to the right and kicked a speculator towards the Wigan line, after a few bounces, Tierney fumbled the ball and  Steve Michaels managed to get a fingertip on it. Wigan didn't hang around and Oliver Gildhart ran 100m and dived over at the other end. Ref awarded a try to Wigan but referred it to the VR woo awarded Michaels the try.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

'Twas the other way round mate. Shaul wandered over to the right and kicked a speculator towards the Wigan line, after a few bounces, Tierney fumbled the ball and  Steve Michaels managed to get a fingertip on it. Wigan didn't hang around and Oliver Gildhart ran 100m and dived over at the other end. Ref awarded a try to Wigan but referred it to the VR woo awarded Michaels the try.

Good detail, mate. Well remembered.

1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

I’m putting a £10 on that. 

Ahem..best of luck but I feel the need for a percentage if you get lucky...

1 minute ago, Ullman said:

Good detail, mate. Well remembered.

TBH, the full game used to be on youtube and Sneyd's touchline conversion was my favourite watch.

As you might imagine.

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

TBH, the full game used to be on youtube and Sneyd's touchline conversion was my favourite watch.

As you might imagine.

I did wonder how you'd remembered the incident in such detail given the amount of your beer we consumed on the bus.

I'll still give you the credit though (for once 😉).

Why did Burgess go inside?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, Barca Mum said:

Didn't ref blow for ball steal before it happened?

Offside perhaps? I thought my audio was out of sync when he whistled.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived