Thu 19 Nov: SL: Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 7.45pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/11/20 at 20:15

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Griffin ended any chance Hull had , stupid 

That was far too early in the match to be decisive.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that was hard on FC, as they are a very good side. They would certainly win in a fight between the 2 teams. 

It shows great long term planning that Partington ensured that head patting became a penalty last year, knowing it would come in handy one day. 

2 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

It's capitulations like this though that show why we just need a fresh start in the coaching team. We just don't have a plan when things aren't going well; we revert to old ways.

We've had a good bit of form, and we have a lot of talent, but there's so much work to do to make this a team that can compete.

Maybe a game to far, but you were right in it up to the Griffin incident, for me though he shouldn't have gone so far to get involved.

4 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

It's capitulations like this though that show why we just need a fresh start in the coaching team. We just don't have a plan when things aren't going well; we revert to old ways.

We've had a good bit of form, and we have a lot of talent, but there's so much work to do to make this a team that can compete.

Capitulation  Seriously.

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

He really did 

Didn't 😛

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I know Hull will be disappointed with the last hour of the match, but they should focus too on the performance against Warrington which was a positive one.

Wigan’s defence was fantastic all night and they showed a champion’s mentality in capitalising on that overcelebration of the knock on.

Thought French summed up the effort totally at full back when he easily ran down Sneyd to preserve the defensive effort at the end by Wigan in keeping Hull tryless.

I'd give Andy Last the off-season and at least half of 2021, just so he has time to impose himself on the way the team plays.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Oh no it isn’t!

There's a bit of an echo in here. 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Oh no it isn't 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

1 minute ago, Griff9of13 said:

Bit early for panto. 😎

I fear that might be as close as we get to it this year... 

The major difference between us and Wire (having re-watched a bit of that game earlier today) was that Wire simply did not move up. One thing a defensive line with Partington, Smithies, Faz et al gives you is speed. They needed another plan once they couldn’t get on a one man out roll. 

Thought Hull had the better of the first quarter. The right call to kick at goal. But they needed a try too and couldn't break Wigan down.

That head pat incident was big. Stupid penalty to concede. I just don't get why you would give the referee the option. No complaints about the pen from me.

Regardless, rest of the match was all Wigan. Totally dominant, composed and unlike Wire last week, respected their opponent and earned the right to play and then score.

This will be controversial, but would you pick O'Loughlin next week? I'm not sure I would. Didn't offer much tonight and hasn't all year. The counter argument relates to his leadership.

3 minutes ago, yipyee said:

I thought an foul act that prevented a try was a penalty try?

He clearly hit the ball in the wrong direction on purpose

A knock on is not foul play, deliberate or not.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

7 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Thought Hull had the better of the first quarter. The right call to kick at goal. But they needed a try too and couldn't break Wigan down.

That head pat incident was big. Stupid penalty to concede. I just don't get why you would give the referee the option. No complaints about the pen from me.

Regardless, rest of the match was all Wigan. Totally dominant, composed and unlike Wire last week, respected their opponent and earned the right to play and then score.

This will be controversial, but would you pick O'Loughlin next week? I'm not sure I would. Didn't offer much tonight and hasn't all year. The counter argument relates to his leadership.

With Flower looking doubtful,Burgess permanently crocked and Clark rubbish we are short of middle forwards,I’d love to see young Smith in the 17 even if Powell is fit.

Archived