Micky McIlorum and Joel Tomkins at the RFL Disciplinary.

53 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Thugs will be thugs.

These two just can't help themselves 

Typical anti-Wigan bias from you.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Match Officials are held to account every single week 

Yes I understand , I’m saying that’s correct to someone who mentioned a  witch hunt. It isn’t , it’s standard procedure if you underperform 

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

From t'other thread

One game ban for McIlorum and 2 grade F charges for "other contrary behaviour" for him and Tomkins. That the video referee stepped in for neither is quite worrying, particularly the McIlorum incidents. The one game ban particularly questions the referees as it would arguably have not been in place should a card etc been shown and thus sufficient punishment dished out. Grade F charges carry an 8 game suspension.

To put it into perspective, the bans they face would have put them out of two-thirds of the games Catalans have actually played this season. That neither were rebuked on the night is rather shocking.

Its unbelievable that an 8 game ban worthy incident (on top of a 1 game ban worthy incident) where there was a stoppage in play to review it by the ref, 2 Assistants and the video ref, and 3 prior penalties for high tackles recieved no punishment on the night. 

Its genuinely shocking and thankfully didn't have worse repercussions for Dwyer. 

Been happening all season, in fact for several seasons.  

Its genuinely shocking Ganson is still in a job to be honest!

I don't like to bash referees. They have a really hard job and will inevitably miss things and make mistakes. As a fan, it is always frustrating when it goes against your team, but I can cop it.

What I find harder to accept are when instances like this are not missed, but deliberately ignored, as the video referee did on Friday night. I can accept the Tomkins incident, with its unusual nature may have require closer inspection (as unpleasant as that might be), but the McIlorum incident was simply bottled.

I cannot see how either player will avoid a big and deserved ban.

I don't think you can be too hard on the ref or VR re Tomkins. Its a bit like biting allegations - best reviewed with plenty of time, not in the heat of a game.

However, if McIlorum's actions are even potentially considered worth 8 games+, that should have resulted in a sending off at the time.  As with so many incidents like this the team that should have benefited was their opponents on the day, by playing against a team one man down, whereas the beneficiaries will be Cats next opponents.

One thing about both acts is that even without necessarily causing harm, they both make RL look a thuggish sport, especially if neither led to any real action at the time.  This isn't the 80s, we need to make the game as clean as possible.  

The need for retribution rather than justice is strong at the best of times. A lot of this nonsense of unfair and what aboutness indignation could all be prevented if the the punishments were the same for the same infringement. And it would also be helped if pundits avoided saying he's not that kind of player or some similar piece of rubbish.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

11 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Witch hunters in full cry.  Without referees we have no game. 

It's not for getting decisions wrong though is it, theres a clear players welfare issue here AND the video ref failed to act, or maybe he did and thaler over ruled?

The McIlorum swat wasn't premeditated, it was more of a split second reaction as Dwyer lost height. Certainly foul play but not a hanging offence.

Picking Dwyer up was frustration at his misdemeanor and an attempt to dilute attention to his mistake. I got the impression McIlorum thought Dwyer was milking it, which he obviously wasn't.

The allocated ban is way over the top. A fairer more sensible judgement would be to miss 3 games.

The Tomkins incident was a bit weird and I've no idea why he did it. Hard one for the officials to spot, Sky had to run it in slow motion half a dozen times to spot it. Didn't seem there was any potential injury risk to Myler, more like something schoolboys did during assembly. A 1 game ban would be sufficient.

7 minutes ago, Ramon Rojo said:

The McIlorum swat wasn't premeditated, it was more of a split second reaction as Dwyer lost height. Certainly foul play but not a hanging offence.

Picking Dwyer up was frustration at his misdemeanor and an attempt to dilute attention to his mistake. I got the impression McIlorum thought Dwyer was milking it, which he obviously wasn't.

The allocated ban is way over the top. A fairer more sensible judgement would be to miss 3 games.

The Tomkins incident was a bit weird and I've no idea why he did it. Hard one for the officials to spot, Sky had to run it in slow motion half a dozen times to spot it. Didn't seem there was any potential injury risk to Myler, more like something schoolboys did during assembly. A 1 game ban would be sufficient.

You are Steve McNamara

McIllorum knew what he was doing & he didn’t think Dwyer was milking it. Even then you don’t try to pick up an injured player

As for Tompkins. It doesn’t matter how difficult it was for the camera to find the incident what he did is completely unacceptable not just on the field of play but in life in general 

4 minutes ago, LeeF said:

As for Tompkins. It doesn’t matter how difficult it was for the camera to find the incident what he did is completely unacceptable not just on the field of play but in life in general 

Humour me please. I didn't see all of the game so don't know what the fuss is all about. Is a "hopoate" being alleged here?

2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Humour me please. I didn't see all of the game so don't know what the fuss is all about. Is a "hopoate" being alleged here?

yes

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

16 minutes ago, JohnM said:

When does the tribunal sit, who is on it and when is its verdict made public?

Today - usually afternoon start time. Verdict either this evening by short press release or the day after on the website if no appeal

They did use to state on the RFL site who made up the panel but my link has either changed or been removed. A High Court Judge is always the Chair

1 hour ago, Ramon Rojo said:

What school did you go to?!

We certainly never played finger-bum tig at school!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Quite a lot to unpack here.

(1) Are you arguing that snotting someone after you have just fouled them is more understandable because you are frustrated?

(2) Please speak to your local authority about the school you go/went to. I am sure they will treat your case sensitively and you might well save some other schoolboys the same unpleasant fate you have had to go through.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

😆 😆 😆 Comedy at its very best !

If he was going for a body tackle he would have led with the shoulder, the fact he had a clenched fist and swinging arm he only ever had 1 intention.

McMoron knew he'd smashed him in the face, he knew he'd injured him, to then try and drag an injured player to his feet and risk further serious injury in inexcusable., especially as we've seen players suffer life changing injuries on both sides of the world in our sport.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Archived