Micky McIlorum and Joel Tomkins at the RFL Disciplinary.

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

With incompetent ones we get controversy.

Harry you have to  stop attacking the fans in this way, their inability to form correct conclusion is a direct result of passion. A lack of perspicacity is something to have sympathy with rather than labelling and bashing. Being a fan is an infirmity and a syndrome far more widespread and in need of assistance. We should all join and support monetarily our local branch of

Fans United for Care and Kindness of Epic Delusion.

You know it makes sense to give aid to people whose only point of contact with the world and a sport is the referee.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, JohnM said:

When does the tribunal sit, who is on it and when is its verdict made public?

They will wear crimson hoods and cloaks. Its held in a room with stars on the ceiling.  The ref will say 'I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition'.

2 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

They will wear crimson hoods and cloaks. Its held in a room with stars on the ceiling.  The ref will say 'I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition'.

Nobody.....   forget it.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Michael McIlorum of Catalans Dragons has tonight been suspended for a total of six matches for offences in last Friday’s Betfred Super League Elimination Play-Off against Leeds Rhinos.

McIlorum pleaded guilty to a high tackle charge and although he challenged the grading of B, the Operational Rules Tribunal upheld that grading and imposed a two-match suspension, in addition to a £500 fine.

McIlorum pleaded guilty to a charge of Other Contrary Behaviour, but challenged its grading of F. In that case, the ORT agreed to reduce the grading to D, and imposed a four-match suspension, with no fine.

the above is from the RFL site

Full details will probably be published tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, LeeF said:

Michael McIlorum of Catalans Dragons has tonight been suspended for a total of six matches for offences in last Friday’s Betfred Super League Elimination Play-Off against Leeds Rhinos.

McIlorum pleaded guilty to a high tackle charge and although he challenged the grading of B, the Operational Rules Tribunal upheld that grading and imposed a two-match suspension, in addition to a £500 fine.

McIlorum pleaded guilty to a charge of Other Contrary Behaviour, but challenged its grading of F. In that case, the ORT agreed to reduce the grading to D, and imposed a four-match suspension, with no fine.

the above is from the RFL site

Full details will probably be published tomorrow. 

About right I think don’t think the second offence warranted the 8 games a grade f would’ve given him. In one way I think he may be a bit unlucky as there wasn’t much in that second offence but if it stops a player doing something similar in future possibly to a player with neck or back injuries then fair enough. 

11 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’m not sure how he challenges the grade F and they say oh alright then . I thought that warranted longer than four matches , it was a real dog act and potentially dangerous 

Details are usually published the day after once there is no appeal

So neither incident resulted in much at the time and yet a total of 14 games suspension.  The failure to send off McIlorum followed by a 6 game ban is the dictionary definition of a ref bottling it. If the ref isn't given a severe reprimand for that then the whole system sucks. What's to stop a player in the GF doing something that warrants a ban if they think it will only be dealt with afterwards?

I have less problem with the ref re Tomkins. I also don't have a problem with the long ban - as with earlier long bans for squirrel grips, this is just an ugly look and needs to be got rid of entirely from the game.

9 hours ago, corvusxiii said:

Where can I find a video of the Mcilorum incident?  Cheers in advance.

On here after 1 hour 38 mins of the actual posted video or 51 mins 30 seconds of the game time.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 hours ago, BrisbaneRhino said:

So neither incident resulted in much at the time and yet a total of 14 games suspension.  The failure to send off McIlorum followed by a 6 game ban is the dictionary definition of a ref bottling it. If the ref isn't given a severe reprimand for that then the whole system sucks. What's to stop a player in the GF doing something that warrants a ban if they think it will only be dealt with afterwards?

I have less problem with the ref re Tomkins. I also don't have a problem with the long ban - as with earlier long bans for squirrel grips, this is just an ugly look and needs to be got rid of entirely from the game.

I concur , when games are televised all too often the officials bottle out , very first tackle of the 2017 season was a spear tackle by Paul McShane on Gareth Hock , no card , in fact a warning to Hock for his reaction , McShane then received a 3 match ban 

Not much help to Leigh , but if McShane had been red carded as he should have been the games result could have been different 

55 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

On here after 1 hour 38 mins of the actual posted video or 51 mins 30 seconds of the game time.

Thanks for posting this. Funny how the memory plays tricks as even over a few days I remember his reaction after the tackle as being more forceful than it was. Probably because the game was getting heated at that point and it is a little different when viewed in isolation. 

But he was wrong to manhandle an injured player and both the tackle and reaction deserved a ban and I think six matches is the right outcome.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Over the top stiff sentences for both players. If they'd both got 10 minutes sin binning at the time it would have been more sensible.

McIlorum made a split second error of judgement keeping his hand in as Dwyer fell in the tackle. Pulling him up was a reaction to what Mickey wrongly presumed to be over theatrics. He was naive rather than malicious.

Tomkins was just stupid and seemed to blankly react to Myler by getting dragged into the thrashing about on the deck and doing something completely out of character for no fathomable reason. 

The danger of the dubious social media hankering to throw the book at the 2 lads is a recipe that could sadly see our game slip towards the devious pantomime of what football has become, a game plagued by the benefits of over reaction for the slightest of contacts. McIlorum & Tomkins will pay the price of their errors but please remember this is Rugby League not Mo Salah & Rashford flopping around every 5 minutes.

Archived