Best/Worst Badges

28 minutes ago, pahars said:

The rumour at the time was they forgot to copyright it!  

with Cas the logo isn’t atrocious but if you look at Richmond in the AFL and Amur in the KHL then tigers logos can be done so much better. 

I think it is very much down to preference, all 3 look like tigers and all 3 look quite good.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I like the Cas one. It's a tiger, it doesn't look cartoony or OTT like an American style logo. Don't see the problem.

It looks like it was made in Paint in Microsoft 98.

new rise.jpg

12 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Even though the Cas one has been a round for donkeys years, it doesn't look "old" though I'm not saying it's perfect.

(Odd how Leicester have the same name, but unlike Cas or Wests, or even Hull City, their colours are nothing like the animal!)

Leicester are The Foxes. Probably why they’re nothing like Tigers or in those colours. 

2 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Even though the Cas one has been a round for donkeys years, it doesn't look "old" though I'm not saying it's perfect.

(Odd how Leicester have the same name, but unlike Cas or Wests, or even Hull City, their colours are nothing like the animal!)

I was intrigued so I looked it up. Leicester were given the nickname as they wore black and yellow stripes for a time and it carried on even after their main colours became green and red.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 hours ago, pahars said:

The rumour at the time was they forgot to copyright it!  

with Cas the logo isn’t atrocious but if you look at Richmond in the AFL and Amur in the KHL then tigers logos can be done so much better. 

Take a look at the Hamilton Tiger Cats logo of the CFL....sorry I dont know how to post pictures - I am a Rochdale dinosaur (working on a logo for that!)

8 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Its one of those that probably needs an update not a redo, just to make it a bit more reproducible.

7 minutes ago, meast said:

It's not a new badge, it's a digital logo for commercial purposes 

My favourite Huddersfield badge is the one based on my avatar picture

Are Huddersfield changing their badge though. The Giants head used below is at least based on the Giant in the badge. 

spacer.png

The Wigan coat of arms is interesting.

Wigan FC used the Borough's one , 'Ancient and Loyal' which came in I think in 1928

Wigan Boroughs original crest was the wiggin tree, used by the Latics in the 70s.

Wigan changed to 'Progress With Unity'  in 1974, which was the Wigan Met crest, but it included Leigh in that, so the pie eaters dropped it later and reverted to the ancient and loyal one again.

19 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

How many badges do Huddersfeild need... one for each day?

Main one:

image.png

Twitter logo (a monotone/simplified version is fine and in fact needed but I don't think the white of the giant bleeding into the triangle really works):

ZO2czAD4_400x400.jpg

Then there's this supporting ident used for some social media posts - again something you would want but if this isn't a sneak peak of a new logo I don't know why you'd have something which does the same as the Huddersfield Giant of the main logo but is recognisably different:

image.png

1 minute ago, M j M said:

Main one:

image.png

Whilst we're here, I've never really considered this logo too much and I don't really like triangular logos (or fake 'crest' logos like St Helens for that matter) but I actually quite like this. I think the double triangle really helps.

Archived