What If ????

coolie

As we know the super league clubs voted Toronto out, so what's to say they are not voting in the 12th team, they have to be consulted on who they would prefer to take the place in super league. 

Runners & Riders

Toulouse already had their application rubbished by the top brass, so have steadily dropped has the favourites, for me they can go up, they bring a French Derby.. And that's just about it.. No traveling fans so that's not going to fill the pockets of the "Greedy 11" and the championship will no longer have to travel to France costing money they simply haven't got. 

Featherstone 

Have been consistently one of the championships top and consistent teams, close bond with Leeds that works well for both teams, would Leeds, Wakefield, Castleford vote Featherstone in.. Nope everybody is looking after their own interests and another super league club within 8 miles I think not. If Leigh get the nod over featherstone expect dummies, prams and rattles thrown from Campbells cot. 

Halifax 

Forget it no longer the power or force they once was. 

York

New ground, few super league mercenaries, a city embracing Rugby league again, wouldn't get a vote as their still growing and far too early, they need to win promotion rather than have it given.. And that will bring in the fans. 

Leigh

Dezzys expensive army who could possibly field 2 teams with the stockpile of players they have, decent ground but in wigans backyard.. And wigans supporters are on the decline so giving the occupants of "pie eater land" an alternative might not be seen as a good idea from the gods of wigans boardroom, if Leigh fail in their bid to be number 12..and they will dezzy will be on the phone faster than a speeding bullet crying "ill take you to court" 

Bradford

The more the circus goes on, the more credible Bradfords application becomes, lots of traveling fans, big Derby with Leeds, a million quid will put a shine back on odsal, its scary that the team that brings the most to super league is the very same that got kicked out a few years ago, rugby league and the clowns in it have become a joke, a circus, the game has no shame, more clambering on the floor scratting for scraps from the big table of sky, ditching all self respect for the product, the players welfare for 10 pieces of silver. 

I hope sky give super league virtually nothing, championship break away, get their own TV deal, a we sit back and watch super league implode and drown in the bucket of s#%t they have produced trying to fulfil their own personal indulgence. 

Within the next 3 years super league will not be running full time squads, players will have to find other avenues for an income stream as the money simply will not be there... For anyone. 

Hmmm. How Championship clubs would thrive on the back of SL imploding is difficult to understand, at least in the real world.

Halifax are not in contention, by the way, as they have already failed the attendance criterion.

Any SL club that is dependent upon away support shouldn't be allowed to compete in SL as they are completely unsustainable.

My personal choice would be Toulouse for expansionary vision this would represent. Failing them then Leigh, who would draw larger crowds than Fev. My last choice would be Bradford, for a very long list of reasons, the main one being hanging on to the last vestiges of credibility in the operation of SL.

Whoever it is, however, will be holding a poisoned chalice as SL have made clear that P&R will definitely be in operation in 2021 and whichever club it is will be starting with an immediate handicap.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

When Fev lost 68-0 to Warrington at home in the middle eights recently I walked out of the ground when Warrington reached 50. I've never left a ground as early in my life and needless to say we've been stuffed before by lesser lights than Warrington. So it wasn't the fact that we'd got stuffed but the fact of the different parity of the team. Fev rarely saw the ball and the rugby was wham bam. I completely lost interest in not only the match but after 50 odd years I thought I'd lost interest in the game. That's the scariest thing about wanting your team to have ambition. Whoever goes up and I'm betting it's Bradford will have a torrid season next year. I'd like Fev to win the championship to earn the right and get prepared and I'll just be as happy visiting Batley and Dewsbury with the excitement of not knowing whether we are going to win or lose on the day.

Really find it hard to care about Super League any more and for the first time in more than three decades of watching Dewsbury I no longer care if we don't play in the top flight. So glad we are not involved in this pathetic, embarrassing bunfight and I'm ashamed of how the so-called leading clubs are representing our great sport.

21 hours ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Really find it hard to care about Super League any more and for the first time in more than three decades of watching Dewsbury I no longer care if we don't play in the top flight. So glad we are not involved in this pathetic, embarrassing bunfight and I'm ashamed of how the so-called leading clubs are representing our great sport.

Haven't cared about SL for the last 15 years and am surprised its taken people so long to work out how bad it had/ has got and couldn't agree more with Coolies statement..

"rugby league and the clowns in it have become a joke, a circus, the game has no shame, more clambering on the floor scratting for scraps from the big table of sky, ditching all self respect for the product, the players welfare for 10 pieces of silver. "..

I think there are two worrying outcomes here.

1. Promotion becomes a regular part of our game, but the promoted team receives reduced funding from now on, thus making it almost impossible to stay up after promotion.

2. The promoted team receives such hidings all season, that it is used to finally close the door after next season citing the poor performance of the promoted team.

I see no advantage to anyone being selected for next season as the outcomes are virtually all negative in my estimation! The only benefit is that the successful team is in place if promotion is stopped. However, even that would be no guarantee of a place in SL. 

As above, I would prefer Toulouse to go up, and stay, and would struggle with my enthusiasm for the game if Bradford are selected.

12 hours ago, distantdog said:

I think there are two worrying outcomes here.

1. Promotion becomes a regular part of our game, but the promoted team receives reduced funding from now on, thus making it almost impossible to stay up after promotion.

2. The promoted team receives such hidings all season, that it is used to finally close the door after next season citing the poor performance of the promoted team.

I see no advantage to anyone being selected for next season as the outcomes are virtually all negative in my estimation! The only benefit is that the successful team is in place if promotion is stopped. However, even that would be no guarantee of a place in SL. 

As above, I would prefer Toulouse to go up, and stay, and would struggle with my enthusiasm for the game if Bradford are selected.

I broadly agree.

Do consider, however, that the new broadcast deal is currently being negotiated and, if what I hear is correct, all SL clubs will be facing a significant reduction in funding from in 2022. The impact upon the clubs from the lower divisions could be calamitous for some.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

As Coolie states it looks more like Bradford every day. What that will mean for MS and Dewsbury, who knows perhaps a few loan deals with Bulls in SL will cheer you all up?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

As Coolie states it looks more like Bradford every day. What that will mean for MS and Dewsbury, who knows perhaps a few loan deals with Bulls in SL will cheer you all up?

I don't know how it it looks more like Bradford every day, as you claim PM. As far as I am aware the deadline for applications hasn't yet passed so no details of these applications are known. In addition they are unlikely to be placed in the public domain and, finally, the committee is scheduled to make a decision by Dec 16th. Hence I fail to see how it is looking "more like Bradford every day", unless you count the speculation by journalists and opinions on forums such as this (including my own). Personally I don't think that any of these will affect the outcome.

I can guarantee that, whoever is chosen, there will be a flood of outrage from certain quarters dependent upon the identity of the "winner".

10 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I don't know how it it looks more like Bradford every day, as you claim PM. As far as I am aware the deadline for applications hasn't yet passed so no details of these applications are known. In addition they are unlikely to be placed in the public domain and, finally, the committee is scheduled to make a decision by Dec 16th. Hence I fail to see how it is looking "more like Bradford every day", unless you count the speculation by journalists and opinions on forums such as this (including my own). Personally I don't think that any of these will affect the outcome.

I can guarantee that, whoever is chosen, there will be a flood of outrage from certain quarters dependent upon the identity of the "winner".

I appreciate you're a TWITcher BSJ, but your acting like an Ostrich...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

14 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

I appreciate you're a TWITcher BSJ, but your acting like an Ostrich...

I am being objective PM, as I believe you also can be. Please tell me what is changing "day by day" as you claim? All that is happening is that the feverish rumour mill is grinding on. If you interpret that as me thinking that it won't be Bradford then you are wrong. However there is NO new information upon which to base our assumptions or expectations.

6 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

The club .. meaning the team and a stadium lease ... or the holding company and the trust!!  2 very very different things!!!

Basically Mark was selling up Dewsbury so it gave him some ready cash to pump into Bradford for they're return to super league on the 16th of December 

In other news

A flock of unicorns landed in crow nest parks duck pond. 

Jarrod sammut has signed for Batley. 

Chris Hirst & Jimmy Wood have got engaged. 

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

14 hours ago, coolie said:

Basically Mark was selling up Dewsbury so it gave him some ready cash to pump into Bradford for they're return to super league on the 16th of December 

In other news

A flock of unicorns landed in crow nest parks duck pond. 

Jarrod sammut has signed for Batley. 

Chris Hirst & Jimmy Wood have got engaged. 

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

So ... there are 650 shares in the holding company ... 443 owned by the Sawyer family .. 97 still attributed to Graham Beaumont ..and a further 65 attributed to a pension fund investment company based in Ipswich and 45 attributed to a property management company also based in Ipswich. .....  What might the price of the shares be in a fire sale before the 16th December?  

Just now, the old nine ole said:

So ... there are 650 shares in the holding company ... 443 owned by the Sawyer family .. 97 still attributed to Graham Beaumont ..and a further 65 attributed to a pension fund investment company based in Ipswich and 45 attributed to a property management company also based in Ipswich. .....  What might the price of the shares be in a fire sale before the 16th December?  

So based upon a conversation with an old bloke in the market you are prepared to run with the speculation that the club is up for sale and MS is to decamp to Bradford?

Like the rest of us, you should get out more. 🕵️‍♂️

31 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

So based upon a conversation with an old bloke in the market you are prepared to run with the speculation that the club is up for sale and MS is to decamp to Bradford?

Like the rest of us, you should get out more. 🕵️‍♂️

So.... just where did I say that?? My post outlines the factual share ownership of the company and speculates as to just how much the shares might be worth in a fire sale!!!  .... you could actually take it both ways .... Implying either .. he needs the cash for Bradford or.. that he would have no chance of selling .. especially before the 16th December!! ..... but yes I do agree I need to get out more!!!

Archived