York’s Super League Bid promo video

Seeing as though Toulouse got a dedicated thread, I thought I’d leave this here for York. Excellent work.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst York are my second choice for 2021, I am unsure what the point of this video is. The Bradford Bulls rubber stamping exercise, oops sorry open and fair application system, is based on points awarded for set and clear criteria (albeit weighting hidden) so I cannot see the benefit of some virtual stadium shots and videos of steam trains in that process. Looks good though.

Looks like a great city and the stadium is good, but it looked a bit like a tourism promotion to me. Maybe the business case of the bid is elsewhere, I don`t know,  but I would have liked  more of that side, even if they showed more of how the town generates its wealth and how the Club might tap into that if they are going to be a serious player in Super League. Otherwise they could be just a well run and supported Championship club. Nothing wrong with that.

1 hour ago, The Rocket said:

Looks like a great city and the stadium is good, but it looked a bit like a tourism promotion to me. Maybe the business case of the bid is elsewhere, I don`t know,  but I would have liked  more of that side, even if they showed more of how the town generates its wealth and how the Club might tap into that if they are going to be a serious player in Super League. Otherwise they could be just a well run and supported Championship club. Nothing wrong with that.

The city generates a large proportion of its wealth through tourism, hence the tourism promotion bit. That is the business case for the bid, to generate cash for the club and the economy of the area, not just 80 minutes of rugby every other week. 

7 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

some virtual stadium shots

That’s the actual stadium filmed by drone. It’s sat there ready and waiting.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Great video, though it felt a bit more like an advert for York Tourism than anything.

They have the fans and they have the facilities, no doubt.  The only two concerns I have about them are:  competitive squad and finances.

Also, the Stadium is good for the the short-term, but I wonder if an 8k capacity is a bit "growth limiting".  But I guess that is something that can be addressed in the future, not now.

12 minutes ago, langpark said:

Great video, though it felt a bit more like an advert for York Tourism than anything.

They have the fans and they have the facilities, no doubt.  The only two concerns I have about them are:  competitive squad and finances.

Also, the Stadium is good for the the short-term, but I wonder if an 8k capacity is a bit "growth limiting".  But I guess that is something that can be addressed in the future, not now.

The stadium was built so that another few thousand seats could be added in a short time without disrupting  both clubs.

19 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

The stadium was built so that another few thousand seats could be added in a short time without disrupting  both clubs.

Fantastic!!  I can see them needing it, if/when they become a Super League team and have a big match vs Leeds or, say a Good Friday match.  Anyway, baby steps, but good to know they planned ahead.

I liked the video, was good. Any update on when the stadium might open? It’s no doubt difficult to get pilot events on so I wonder whether you’ll be able to start next season in it. 

I hate to be picky but the interiors of the stadium appear to be done a bit on the cheap

Would be happy with either Toulouse or York.

Bradford would be an absolute embarrassment. It would make 25% of SL grounds totally unfit for professional sports. The three of them were unsuitable in 1970 and none have had any significant investment in the past 50 yrs.

31 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I liked the video, was good. Any update on when the stadium might open? It’s no doubt difficult to get pilot events on so I wonder whether you’ll be able to start next season in it. 

I hate to be picky but the interiors of the stadium appear to be done a bit on the cheap

The stadium will be ready for the start of the season.

15 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Will York be putting on general release their full proposal prior to the process also?

Why do they need to? For whose benefit? 

They will do what is asked of them I would imagine. This is hardly an Olympic bid. It is to appease half a dozen hand picked panel members against a debatable and fluid criteria. 

3 hours ago, DoubleD said:

that's the modern way unfortunately unless its Tottenham

it's what on other threads people call breeze block soulless identikit stadiums when talking about other teams

10 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Would love a 14 team SL. Bringing in York, Toulouse and Norwich

Not this season.  But if there were significant investment in the competition then 14 that might be a compromise.  Not my ideal though.  But part of that compromise would be to raise salary cap.  

29 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It’s a million times better than the crumbling cess pit in Wakefield, how that’s allowed to be a super League stadium is staggering.

If I was a Wakey fan, after watching the video I'd be envious.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Archived