York’s Super League Bid promo video

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Davo5 said:

Are Leigh doing a promo video or just relying on Degsy’s cheap stunts to undercut the other contenders?

Who knee Leigh had so many film critics.

I want to know who converted the videos into VHS so they could watch them. 

EDIT:: See you got there before me. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

14 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

The video was a promotion of York City Knights - North Yorkshire's only professional Rugby League club. That is a fact.

Malham is in North Yorkshire and it is lovely, so it made the cut. Middlesborough's chemical plants - while in North Yorkshire - are not lovely, so they did not.

Middlesbrough, please.

I'd have thought Roseberry Topping had more relevance than Penyghent.

Out of interest, is this VisitYork footage? Are YCK members of VisitYork?

Back in 1992, I started watching York during the five years I lived and worked on Teesside. Must be some chance of Teessiders taking an interest in Super League at, ahem, North Yorkshire Knights - especially if they like what they see when Boro's Riverside Stadium hosts a Rugby League World Cup game.

9 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

Out of interest, is this VisitYork footage? Are YCK members of VisitYork?

Back in 1992, I started watching York during the five years I lived and worked on Teesside. Must be some chance of Teessiders taking an interest in Super League at, ahem, North Yorkshire Knights - especially if they like what they see when Boro's Riverside Stadium hosts a Rugby League World Cup game.

Yes and yes.

And very good point! We will be doing all we can to nurture that interest after Middlesborough's RLWC cameo next year. 😄 

3 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

When the Leigh fans are rattled you know you’re a threat to them. Well done York.

I was about to post something similar. Brilliant video from a club clearly moving onto bigger things. 

Best of luck to them.

6 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Yes and yes.

And very good point! We will be doing all we can to nurture that interest after Middlesborough's RLWC cameo next year. 😄 

Good to hear about YCK’s links with VisitYork.

Any scope for involving the Yarm ARLFC youngsters with YCK?

As for nurturing interest on Teesside, that’s great, but make sure you spell Middlesbrough correctly!

1 minute ago, Hopping Mad said:

Good to hear about YCK’s links with VisitYork.

Any scope for involving the Yarm ARLFC youngsters with YCK?

As for nurturing interest on Teesside, that’s great, but make sure you spell Middlesbrough correctly!

The YCK Foundation's reach is growing every single year and if there's a junior club in North Yorkshire that wants our guidance or assistance, they will get it!

I had no idea Yarm had a rugby league club but that's ace. I've only ever been there once, about 16 years ago... is Talltrees nightclub still going? 😆

I see no reason why York City Knights should not be aiming to pull in plenty of fans from the likes of Harrogate & Scarborough as well as the City of York and all towns and villages in the area. To be honest the crowds are not that good but have great potential and are a lot better than the rest of RL outside of SL with the exception of Bradford, Widnes, Leigh, Fev, Fax. 

1 minute ago, Smudger06 said:

I see no reason why York City Knights should not be aiming to pull in plenty of fans from the likes of Harrogate & Scarborough as well as the City of York and all towns and villages in the area. To be honest the crowds are not that good but have great potential and are a lot better than the rest of RL outside of SL with the exception of Bradford, Widnes, Leigh, Fev, Fax. 

Our crowds have grown over 300% in the last few years. Plenty of progress made but lots of potential still to unleash as you say! 

12 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

The YCK Foundation's reach is growing every single year and if there's a junior club in North Yorkshire that wants our guidance or assistance, they will get it!

I had no idea Yarm had a rugby league club but that's ace. I've only ever been there once, about 16 years ago... is Talltrees nightclub still going? 😆

Ah, Tall Trees (shut now, it seems). And that award-winning club in Stockton. Those were the days. 🙂

Yarm Wolves ARLFC: doing lots of good work with young players.

https://twitter.com/leagueyarm?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/YarmWolves/

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

I used to stay at the Talltrees quite a lot in the 90's, Yarm town centre was a good place to visit, especially on a Thurday night😉

On 21/11/2020 at 08:50, langpark said:

Great video, though it felt a bit more like an advert for York Tourism than anything.

They have the fans and they have the facilities, no doubt.  The only two concerns I have about them are:  competitive squad and finances.

Also, the Stadium is good for the the short-term, but I wonder if an 8k capacity is a bit "growth limiting".  But I guess that is something that can be addressed in the future, not now.

I agree on the stadium capacity. Seems limiting. 12k should be a minimum aim.

2 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Good. Glad we've cleared that up.

The fact that York City Knights are the only professional club in North Yorkshire - the largest county in England - is a big tick in our box.

Heartland expansion! 😄 

Doncaster is the largest Metropolitan borough in the country! Let us in lol

Archived