York’s Super League Bid promo video

Just now, Rob Nash said:

I agree on the stadium capacity. Seems limiting. 12k should be a minimum aim.

I think having 7k in an 8k stadium is massively preferable to 7k in a 12k stadium. Just for atmosphere and how it looks on TV. It's something they can worry about when they get there to be honest.

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I think having 7k in an 8k stadium is massively preferable to 7k in a 12k stadium. Just for atmosphere and how it looks on TV. It's something they can worry about when they get there to be honest.

But not as good as having 8,500 in a 12,000 stadium ? 😂

It's not really big enough , but it's fine , shame there's no standing 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

But not as good as having 8,500 in a 12,000 stadium ? 😂

It's not really big enough , but it's fine , shame there's no standing 

Not as good as 12,500 in a 20,000 seater either, I have no idea what point you're trying to make. Grounds look better and have better atmosphere when they're more full as a percentage of their capacity. York are nowhere near having 8,000 crowds so I don't know why it's a problem at all, in fact for now it's a benefit. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Just now, DI Keith Fowler said:

Not as good as 12,500 in a 20,000 seater either, I have no idea what point you're trying to make. Grounds look better and have better atmosphere when they're more full as a percentage of their capacity. York are nowhere near having 8,000 crowds so I don't know why it's a problem at all, in fact for now it's a benefit. 

Because you ' tried ' to make a point , it's an easy game to play , it looks a nice stadium , there are lots of other nice stadium , why try to ' score ' ?

43 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not at all rattled Kev, just pointing out desperation motives, Malham is close to York, yeah OK.

With respect, people don't visit Leigh in order to access top tourist destinations iin North Yorkshire, regardless of distances involved. They do, however, visit York in order to do that. 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Because you ' tried ' to make a point , it's an easy game to play , it looks a nice stadium , there are lots of other nice stadium , why try to ' score ' ?

I replied to someone saying the stadium was a bit small saying it's not really a bad thing because it will generate a better atmosphere with the crowds York are likely to get. Don't be so tetchy. 

5 minutes ago, gavin7094 said:

With respect, people don't visit Leigh in order to access top tourist destinations iin North Yorkshire, regardless of distances involved. They do, however, visit York in order to do that. 

Yes , they visit Leigh to watch the RL , this is a RL forum after all 😉

6 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I replied to someone saying the stadium was a bit small saying it's not really a bad thing because it will generate a better atmosphere with the crowds York are likely to get. Don't be so tetchy. 

Yes , but , it is a bit small , don't you agree , not a crime to admit it 😁

9 minutes ago, gavin7094 said:

True that, but if they did come to Leigh to visit Malham with the road infrastructure crom this side they could have an extra half hour in bed compared to staying in York preparing for a good days hiking and climbing around the Cove, Scardale Fell and finish off with a pint and a meal in Pately Bridge, done it many times.

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Yes , but , it is a bit small , don't you agree , not a crime to admit it 😁

As mentioned previously in this thread, the LNER Community Stadium capacity is 8,500, but the stadium has been designed in such a way that it could be expanded to 12,000 relatively quickly and easily if there was ever demand for it down the line.

12 minutes ago, gavin7094 said:

Thursday and Friday night games make that difficult, and can SL fans afford another stop over without CCF, GF, Cats and Magic even before Intls suffering because fans spent even more outside the game - I had this conversation with a fan who had been on the cultural tour of Leyth Bent n Bongs prior to the game at LSV

1 minute ago, sweaty craiq said:

Thursday and Friday night games make that difficult, and can SL fans afford another stop over without CCF, GF, Cats and Magic even before Intls suffering because fans spent even more outside the game - I had this conversation with a fan who had been on the cultural tour of Leyth Bent n Bongs prior to the game at LSV

The beauty of it is that fans can choose which events they attend, its not an all or 'nothing kind' of deal!

5 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Fair comment but you're talking about existing fans. I thought that one of the criteria for the 12th club referred to attracting new fans.  The video showcases York as a world-class, attractive and inviting city that would provide a good fit for Super League. 

8 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

As mentioned previously in this thread, the LNER Community Stadium capacity is 8,500, but the stadium has been designed in such a way that it could be expanded to 12,000 relatively quickly and easily if there was ever demand for it down the line.

Excellent Gav , still a bit small right now though 😉

4 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

The beauty of it is that fans can choose which events they attend, its not an all or 'nothing kind' of deal!

3 minutes ago, gavin7094 said:

Fair comment but you're talking about existing fans. I thought that one of the criteria for the 12th club referred to attracting new fans.  The video showcases York as a world-class, attractive and inviting city that would provide a good fit for Super League. 

All jokes asside lads - the banter has been fun, and that is all it is from me - do you want SL, are you ready for SL, would you not prefer with the team you are building to bid for promotion next season?

I would for Leigh.

8 minutes ago, gavin7094 said:

Toronto had more going for it. I am impressed that Mrs Jones from Kent will look at a fixture list as a never been to a RL game in her life person and decide to take in York v Wakefield on her next visit to York

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

All jokes asside lads - the banter has been fun, and that is all it is from me - do you want SL, are you ready for SL, would you not prefer with the team you are building to bid for promotion next season?

I would for Leigh.

Yes, yes and no. 

Whoever gets in will have a substantially different team by the start of the season and will in all likelihood be relegated.

I would love that to be us. 

If not, then so be it. 

Archived