York’s Super League Bid promo video

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

It's Craiq Simon, Sweaty Craiq not Craig.

I know that, it was a joke. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

18 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Well what started as a positive thread about an ambitious club producing a professional video to help push those aspirations has been dragged down by their rivals supporters led by Degsy’s campaign manager,truly pathetic.

Good luck York,if Toulouse don’t get in I really hope you do.

Not really Dave no , it's a York tourist video with some RL stuff ' chopped ' into it , it's very good , very nice , as I said ,it makes me want to visit York , to see the big owse and the White orse , I might even nip to the stadium complex for some rock climbing , on another occasion I'll go there to watch the rugby , hopefully with those Chinese tourists attracted by the video 😉

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

SL operated in Canada or would have done for a few games till the season finished, but no TV deal over there.

They did, but it was pitifully small because it was sold in 2015 alongside the current British deal to run till 2021.

On 21/11/2020 at 06:39, The Rocket said:

Looks like a great city and the stadium is good, but it looked a bit like a tourism promotion to me. Maybe the business case of the bid is elsewhere, I don`t know,  but I would have liked  more of that side, even if they showed more of how the town generates its wealth and how the Club might tap into that if they are going to be a serious player in Super League. Otherwise they could be just a well run and supported Championship club. Nothing wrong with that.

Part of the bid and something Jon Flatman (York Chairman) is passionate about is the tourism aspect of York it comes as part of the York bid. Rugby League and a weekend to York/North Yorkshire. Jon has established partnerships with Visityorkshire.com amongst other York Bids. Although many people think Bradford are nailed on it only delivers Rugby League for Dewsbury and no further regional tourism benefits. This will be the first Rugby league club in North Yorkshire with a population of 1.1million its a big pool to choose from. Expansion around York is already happening a new club in Harrogate has been setup in lockdown with strong links to York City Knights foundation and the other already established York clubs, pathways are already in place. 

57 minutes ago, HarrogateKnights said:

Part of the bid and something Jon Flatman (York Chairman) is passionate about is the tourism aspect of York it comes as part of the York bid. Rugby League and a weekend to York/North Yorkshire. Jon has established partnerships with Visityorkshire.com amongst other York Bids. Although many people think Bradford are nailed on it only delivers Rugby League for Dewsbury and no further regional tourism benefits. This will be the first Rugby league club in North Yorkshire with a population of 1.1million its a big pool to choose from. Expansion around York is already happening a new club in Harrogate has been setup in lockdown with strong links to York City Knights foundation and the other already established York clubs, pathways are already in place. 

Costs more to park in York than it would going to the game.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

12 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

They did, but it was pitifully small because it was sold in 2015 alongside the current British deal to run till 2021.

I am not talking about the SL deal,  I am referring to your comment about Toronto being an overseas club and using an intermediary to establish a TV contract.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

I am not talking about the SL deal,  I am referring to your comment about Toronto being an overseas club and using an intermediary to establish a TV contract.

For the time this contract was signed for Super League and the Championship, 2014/15, Canada was an external market. With Toronto and Ottawa added subsequently, it becomes an internal one but with a deal already signed up at a low value till 2021 because of the timings.

The intermediary is not a single club but an agency working on behalf of the League itself to sell the broadcast in external markets such as IMG - though in internal markets you'd expect the League to do this. As it makes no sense in a legal or commercial sense for individual clubs to go off piste and sell their own broadcasts.

17 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Costs more to park in York than it would going to the game.

400 parking spaces at the stadium. Potential free train and ride from the city centre to the stadium. Unless you are under 16 you can't match that freeness. Free street parking minutes away from the stadium too. North Yorkshire is the biggest county by land mass in England and doesn't have any Super League club. There is plenty of potential for a full time club to tap into undiscovered markets there are schools in Harrogate that don't play either code of Rugby that want to work with Harrogate and York to put a program of teaching in place. Potential is massive if the game decides and moves in the same direction. 

29 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

You're parking in the wrong places.

I can’t remember the last time I paid to park in York. Plenty of free parking within a leisurely 10 minute walk of the station, within 10 minutes of Cliffords tower, even free parking within 10 minutes of the Shambles too. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Is cheap city centre parking one of the Super League criteria?

If so Leeds could be out.

Not sure but the big selling point for York being promoted is a weekend away with a city break, I pointed out that parking isn't cheap,

4 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Not sure but the big selling point for York being promoted is a weekend away with a city break, I pointed out that parking isn't cheap,

And we pointed out that you're parking in the wrong places. There's a very cheap park & ride literally next to the stadium.

26 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

I can’t remember the last time I paid to park in York. Plenty of free parking within a leisurely 10 minute walk of the station, within 10 minutes of Cliffords tower, even free parking within 10 minutes of the Shambles too. 

You must pass this knowledge on, I've just done a job on Mansfield Street and the area is surrounded by double yellow lines.

2 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Yes mate, buses every ten minutes! 😄 

Decent website, nice kit and good Logo!

Excellent drop down won't go away message!

Is that meant for the hard of understanding on't committee?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived