York’s Super League Bid promo video

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Marauder said:

You must pass this knowledge on, I've just done a job on Mansfield Street and the area is surrounded by double yellow lines.

Depends how far you’re willing to walk. 2 hours free parking in Morrisons round the corner. Plenty free parking on Huntington road.

Plus not far from all the major banks if you are a RL club owner from Lancashire who wanted to acquire a giant cheque to give to charity, for example 🙃

51 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

From Leigh that’s not possible, but when York host Leeds and Hull in Super League significant numbers will travel by train.

Plenty of trains to and from Leeds, but rail links to Hull are surprisingly poor. Could be fun piling a few hundred RL fans onto a two-car sprinter with no working toilets after the game.

1 hour ago, AB Knight said:

Depends how far you’re willing to walk. 2 hours free parking in Morrisons round the corner. Plenty free parking on Huntington road.

Plus not far from all the major banks if you are a RL club owner from Lancashire who wanted to acquire a giant cheque to give to charity, for example 🙃

Got dragged to John Lewis the other week,  I left them to it and had a look at the new stadium and looks good.  Typical out of town set up loads of parking obviously full of shoppers at a weekend.  Is the stand opposite M&S the main stand?  Looks good anyway.

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

From Leigh that’s not possible, but when York host Leeds and Hull in Super League significant numbers will travel by train.

So getting a train and then a bus to the stadium is acceptable for a game in York, but not Leigh?

16 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

So getting a train and then a bus to the stadium is acceptable for a game in York, but not Leigh?

Getting a train right into the centre of York, spending a few hours visiting the attractive and inviting city, then catching a bus out of town to Monks Cross for the game before returning to the city for a night out, provides a very different experience to catching a train to Newton-le-Willows and getting a bus to Leigh.

5 hours ago, wilsontown said:

Plenty of trains to and from Leeds, but rail links to Hull are surprisingly poor. Could be fun piling a few hundred RL fans onto a two-car sprinter with no working toilets after the game.

If they were working before and during the game, why would they stop after the game? Unless you mean they weren’t working before the game either. Either way, going to a convenience before boarding the train would be my advice. 
On the subject of York in SL in a 14 team comp or achieved through winning the Championship final. For now I think Toulouse is the club in the best position to transition into SL.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

3 hours ago, gavin7094 said:

Getting a train right into the centre of York, spending a few hours visiting the attractive and inviting city, then catching a bus out of town to Monks Cross for the game before returning to the city for a night out, provides a very different experience to catching a train to Newton-le-Willows and getting a bus to Leigh.

So the attracion is something other than having a York side in SL then.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

6 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Yes , the white orse and the big owse , and rock climbing , don't forget the rock climbing 😉

So just a chance to annoy Leythers really then, I know they're tories but that just makes them even easier targets.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived