York’s Super League Bid promo video

On 23/11/2020 at 16:43, Tommygilf said:

. a central production company that then sells content to broadcasters. That is a major step I could see Elstone using PE money to fund.

Seems like a good way forward.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Depends how far you’re willing to walk. 2 hours free parking in Morrisons round the corner. Plenty free parking on Huntington road.

Plus not far from all the major banks if you are a RL club owner from Lancashire who wanted to acquire a giant cheque to give to charity, for example 🙃

I can just see Morrisons putting up with their car park full for 2 hours of none shoppers.

18 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

And we pointed out that you're parking in the wrong places. There's a very cheap park & ride literally next to the stadium.

I suppose it's better to have cheap parking at the ground.

Weii just to be clear, I don't think a discussion of the relative merits of parking or coincidental merits of tourist attractions should be or will be among the main criteria for the Super league side chosen.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

8 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Weii just to be clear, I don't think a discussion of the relative merits of parking or coincidental merits of tourist attractions should be or will be among the main criteria for the Super league side chosen.

What about the number of travelling fans? 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

2 minutes ago, RayCee said:

What about the number of travelling fans? 

That one's written in stone Ray!

And Lo, Elstone  came down from the mountain carrying tablets

and it was carved therein

"and verily they shall be be a shoe in that bring forth crowds like locusts providing succour and multiple anuses on seating for the beleaguered held captive in Super League club administration."

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

22 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Thay aren't.  But surely we can still discuss these?

It always seems expensive on the train, Leeds to york is £12.50 or £50-£62.50 for a car full as opposed to £6/7 fuel plus parking but thats where Donnie and Leigh have a huge advantage with free on site parking for 1000's of cars. Extra is the to/from station also - handy if you are all on the sesh and don't want the coach though

But for those train lovers Leigh North (Atherton) to LSV is virtually the same distance as York to Ground (4m), but doesn't have the traffic issues, 4m straight down bi-pass £8 taxi or Bus every 10 mins to Leigh. Leigh South (Newton le willows) is slightly longer and buses every 30 mins.

Surprised these train lovers don't use either of Leighs stations for LSV visits.

Plane lovers the Leeds/Bradford to Westleyth Intl doesn't run on Sundays

and for what its worth the value brought to SL is a factor so if club A can show how many it took to away games via turnstyle clicks and/or tickets sold it can be quantified. Leigh and London should be able to quickly access this for SL actuals, the rest for advance  ticket sales in the championship so 1500 away following shows a £400k pa benefit to SL clubs.

6 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

and for what its worth the value brought to SL is a factor so if club A can show how many it took to away games via turnstyle clicks and/or tickets sold it can be quantified. Leigh and London should be able to quickly access this for SL actuals, the rest for advance  ticket sales in the championship so 1500 away following shows a £400k pa benefit to SL clubs.

You'd want the plus or minus versus the average and then spread it per team.

We've done this. The kindest possible interpretation is that Leigh's average away fan support is worth c.£15,000 per team per year.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

55 minutes ago, Oxford said:

That one's written in stone Ray!

And Lo, Elstone  came down from the mountain carrying tablets

and it was carved therein

"and verily they shall be be a shoe in that bring forth crowds like locusts providing succour and multiple anuses on seating for the beleaguered held captive in Super League club administration."

Administration, bloody hell and a ball hasn't even been kicked yet! 

14 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Not allowed to talk about that, how many times do you have to be told!

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Who's we that's done it Ginger?

Me.

The royal 'we'.

On one of the many threads where Leigh's epoch defining 1,000 away fans (more when they travel away to another bit of Wigan) get raised as the most important criterion for any promotion assessment.

One visit from the golden horde equals, let's be kind, 750 more away fans than might come from another team. 750 fans pay £20 a ticket. Lose a bit for tax, get a bit back because they have a pie. Call it £15,000 extra in your till. Once a season. At best.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

12 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Me.

The royal 'we'.

On one of the many threads where Leigh's epoch defining 1,000 away fans (more when they travel away to another bit of Wigan) get raised as the most important criterion for any promotion assessment.

One visit from the golden horde equals, let's be kind, 750 more away fans than might come from another team. 750 fans pay £20 a ticket. Lose a bit for tax, get a bit back because they have a pie. Call it £15,000 extra in your till. Once a season. At best.

I will use a very conservative £30 average spend admission and refreshments - Leythers are known to like a scoop or two of the amber singing syrup - that will bring your estimate of £15,000 down to 500 travelling away, way of the mark with that one Ginger.

Are you not getting your number mixed up with London's home supporters?

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

I see York are the new Toronto in the eyes of our Leigh followers,looking forward to this thread reaching 500 pages.

Meow,

Morning Dav, 

Told you all I I don't want Leigh to get the spot, I want Tolouse to get it, York will be a much easier proposition in the Championship next year for us, thinking ahead Dav is the key.

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I will use a very conservative £30 average spend admission and refreshments - Leythers are known to like a scoop or two of the amber singing syrup - that will bring your estimate of £15,000 down to 500 travelling away, way of the mark with that one Ginger.

Are you not getting your number mixed up with London's home supporters?

Not getting it mixed up with anything. Not everyone will have a drink. Not everyone will have a drink *inside the ground*. Evening it out.

11 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

I see York are the new Toronto in the eyes of our Leigh followers,looking forward to this thread reaching 500 pages.

In my years of posting on here, I'd like to think of myself as quite a fair-minded speccy when it comes to these things, but as comparisons are being made about a process within which Leigh are directly involved then it is only fair and right that Leigh fans respond to these, and I'd expect no different of any other set of fans. Of course these arguments may naturally be weighted with a Leigh bias, but I suppose that's the whole point of the process really. Were the topic of conversation to be the bids of Bradford, Featherstone or A N Other, then I'm sure the same comparisons would be made rather than this being particularly 'against' York.

Personally, I feel that the most damaging option to the Super League brand would be admitting a side that ends up getting tonked every week, which in turn could potentially have a devastating effect on the club in question, and this is where I feel York may need to be careful what they wish for.

There's very much a feeling of 2008/2011 when it comes to these processes creating slanging matches between fans that merely become a question of who can shout loudest and longest, only now we can also chuck in the additional polarisation nature of society post-indyref/Brexit/Covid.

All of the bids - and the clubs presenting them - have their strengths and weaknesses, but without knowing which single aspect SL are looking to achieve, be it on-field, expansion or purely commercial, we're all just pontificating really. Once again, the aim has been to please everybody and instead will satisfy nobody.

Archived