So that's what cats bring to the game

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

I do think Sam Tomkins has really grown in the last few years and it looks like he is the most professional player they have who actually cares about the game and the club.

On paper they have some great players but there seems to be something that all the big NRL signings go through when they land in France- they almost think it's a last payday so dont need to be as professional as they were in the NRL - same could be said about the SL players who go over.

Put a real top professional leader like a Peacock or a Sinfield in that Cats team and they could be a great team.

Peacock could lead by example in a team with tactics that approach the line of legality superb player but definatley no saint out on the paddock, and Sinfield would need a Peacock, McGuire, Burrow, JJB, Leulia, Senior, Hall and choose any one of the very good no 9's he played with at Leeds, for mine those player's made Sinfield much more than he made them, my opinion of course.

1 hour ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

They did but they are better than the tactics they played tonight. 

You really need to start watching netball,nothing happened last night ther than Catalans getting stuck into Saints physically with the only talking point being Saints questionable HIA protocol.

5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

You really need to start watching netball,nothing happened last night ther than Catalans getting stuck into Saints physically with the only talking point being Saints questionable HIA protocol.

A 40 point thrashing says they got a lot wrong with their approach to the game. I know they have a big support on here, but they have had disciplinary issues for years.

5 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

A 40 point thrashing says they got a lot wrong with their approach to the game. I know they have a big support on here, but they have had disciplinary issues for years.

Never said they didn’t but all this they are nothing but thugs is rubbish and if they had any halfbacks they could have made a game of it.

16 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

What I couldn't understand was how Maloney's High tackle was deemed sin-binable (new word) and the previous two by Walmersley and Bousquet were only worthy of a free kick, was it that Reagan Grace  is not as tough as the other two tackled player's and he stayed down longer thus warranting a card?

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Never said they didn’t but all this they are nothing but thugs is rubbish and if they had any halfbacks they could have made a game of it.

I thought Maloney was a Marquee signing, and Drinkwater won't be on peanuts. I never said they are nothing but thugs, but they have had issues for years regarding discipline and inconsistency.

5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Maloney is a dissapointment and Drinkwater as I have said before has everything but bottle, nowhere to be seen if it gets a bit on the rough side, and that is said from expierience of watching him in a Centurions shirt for 2 years,

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

What I couldn't understand was how Maloney's High tackle was deemed sin-binable (new word) and the previous two by Walmersley and Bousquet were only worthy of a free kick, was it that Reagan Grace  is not as tough as the other two tackled player's and he stayed down longer thus warranting a card?

Maloney getting binned for that was ridiculous,i didn’t think there was a real bad high tackle all night.

In my amateur days, if a member of the opposition was running game, the technical term for putting pressure on him was “ smartening him up”. I was “ smartened up” a few times— it was part of the game. What it didn’t involve, was cheap shots on kickers— it makes me smile a little that in todays sanitised game, this is allowed when, in the days of the biff, it would generally have led to a large scaler

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Maloney getting binned for that was ridiculous,i didn’t think there was a real bad high tackle all night.

Won't disagree, but as I intimated with the offences by Walmersley and Bousquet the tackled players were up immediately, Grace stayed down for a while it must have been a good 1.5 to 2 mins from the tackle to the card being shown, if the tackle was deemed that serious why not show it immediately or if the ref is taking advise from the touchy or video ref it shouldn't take as long as it did.

14 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Maloney is a dissapointment and Drinkwater as I have said before has everything but bottle, nowhere to be seen if it gets a bit on the rough side, and that is said from expierience of watching him in a Centurions shirt for 2 years,

Maloney is shot,he always had a reputation of going off the boil at clubs,maybe why he’s had a few,he hasn’t been helped by having the invisible man Drinkwater as his halfback partner,the first time I heard him being mentioned last night was his DG attempt after the halftime hooter.

7 minutes ago, Bring back the Boyd said:

In my amateur days, if a member of the opposition was running game, the technical term for putting pressure on him was “ smartening him up”. I was “ smartened up” a few times— it was part of the game. What it didn’t involve, was cheap shots on kickers— it makes me smile a little that in todays sanitised game, this is allowed when, in the days of the biff, it would generally have led to a large scaler

Yes especially at up 'n unders the defence has to put the kicker to ground no matter how gently to stop him going through the line and putting all his team mates on side, all teams do it on both sides of the planet, it should be stamped upon by the refs. 

The Dragons is suited for some players as the French press are not intrusive into ones personal life (They stick to the reporting of the sport) I maybe wrong however I think its illegal anyway in France.

Remember once getting a call from a mate in the Perpignan police to assist with helping a well known Dragons player home after he drove his car into a ditch ######.

Car was towed back to his place by a recovery truck with a few dents and cops were entertained at the next match job done LOL:)

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

I think there disciplinary record speaks for its self, I am first to admit that my team used to be grubby under mr Rowley and there is a difference between grubby and hard play.

17 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

...Yes it was an awful coaching approach tonight from McNamara, but yeah let's lynch and burn the club..

Seems like a good idea after the last two games.

5 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I am a fan of Catalan and would love to see another French team in Super League but their recruitment policy is terrible.

For a team that struggles with discipline and professionalism, adding Joel Tomkins and James Maloney was never a recipe for success.  You have to look at more than talent to see if a player with enhance your team.

And the biggest thug of them all Mcillorum.

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Can't wait for next week, if any Wigan players are subjected to any rough stuff from Saints and they don't get binned you will be the first to comment.

Archived