Boring

GUBRATS

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a salary capped sport (at not a huge value).

If the same teams compete in the Grand Final then it isn't the teams in it that need to be addressed but the teams who didn't qualify.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

We see on here that the sport is dying , well ending up with the usual suspects in the final is all part of the problem 

The sport is dying  because more than half of Superleague are more concerned with surviving in the league than striving to better themselves.

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

It's a salary capped sport (at not a huge value).

If the same teams compete in the Grand Final then it isn't the teams in it that need to be addressed but the teams who didn't qualify.

Correct 

33 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

We see on here that the sport is dying , well ending up with the usual suspects in the final is all part of the problem 

Bayern Munich stroll to win each BL, Juve have won the past nine Serie A titles, traditionally La Liga has been a two horse race between Barca and RM. I like to see different winners but it isn't very often in soccer yet the fans turn up in droves. There are other problems that affect popularity but with this one Gubrats, you're barking up the wrong tree. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

There's been a lot of talk about the smaller clubs that don't really bring anything to the table except nostalgia.

I want to hear from Leeds, Saints and Wigan fans. What do you think of competing against the same 2 teams year in, year out?

new rise.jpg

Comparative statistics:

Both the SL and NRL Grand Finals were first played in 1998. Since 1998, only one of the 16 NRL teams has never appeared in an NRL GF; Gold Coast Titans (94%).

Since 1998, of the 11 current Super League teams only 7 of them have played in a SL GF (64%). If you account for the clubs that have previously played in SL but have subsequently been relegated (Bradford, London, Halifax, Sheffield, Crusaders, Leigh and Gateshead) that becomes 8 teams out of a possible 18 (44%). (Toronto, PSG, Workington and Oldham) did not get chance to contest a SL GF for obvious reasons)

Isn't it fascinating how easily we fall into two armed camps over issues?

On the one hand the OP is an old argument but so is the idea other teams need to catch up is probably even older.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

16 minutes ago, Pulga said:

There's been a lot of talk about the smaller clubs that don't really bring anything to the table except nostalgia.

I want to hear from Leeds, Saints and Wigan fans. What do you think of competing against the same 2 teams year in, year out?

At the end of the day, I just want to see my team in the final and, ideally, for the final to be a good game. 

I'm not going to shed a tear for clubs that can't sort themselves out and compete. 

26 minutes ago, Pulga said:

Don't care, the others aren't good enough, they should strive to join the club at the top not bring us down to their level. 

That said Warrington should have won one by now as really should Hull FC and maybe Catalans (who have all won cups).

34 minutes ago, Pulga said:

In the past year or so, we’ll have played three finals, each of them against a different club and only against one of the two sides you mention above. 

Archived