What are the credit ratings of the SL applicants

3 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Being FT is critical

Give any championship team 1.5m and they would be full time. Theres SL teams hanging on by the skin of their teeth, its why the game can never move forward because there is far too much self interest at the top table. Not that I blame them mind, I keep picking Wakey as they are the obvious target, but I think they could struggle to survive if they ended up in the Championship. Disclaimer in that I like Wakey as a club as they are very similar to my own.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've really got to stop living in Divided World, full of us and them and we're more important, truthful & reasonable. There's no such place and you're not. We're all in this together or we needn't bother at all. Simplistic answers and meaningless phrases are not the same as reality or solutions. Apart from this invite to SL at the moment, you get into SL by earning it and for no other reason and it's lost for much the same reasons. Until that changes moaning about how some Championship sides deserve it more, is just painful nonsense.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Give any championship team 1.5m and they would be full time. Theres SL teams hanging on by the skin of their teeth, its why the game can never move forward because there is far too much self interest at the top table. Not that I blame them mind, I keep picking Wakey as they are the obvious target, but I think they could struggle to survive if they ended up in the Championship. Disclaimer in that I like Wakey as a club as they are very similar to my own.

There are 3 stages imo being a great PT club, expanding to a FT squad plus limited back office and becoming a SL club FT. Its nigh impossible to jump from 1 to 3 and have a chance of survival

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/11/2020 at 16:57, Fev1983 said:

I am sure Fev are the only club to make a profit this year out of the 6

I'm pretty sure that Fev are the only one with any assets, and will also become much richer if their land is moved out of green belt. 

43 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Yes, but Steve actually means net assets ie they own more than they owe (£667k as at 30/11/19), unlike at least 4 of the other clubs such as Leigh, which had net debt of £244k as of 31/12/19.

What is the land valued at on the books?

Leighs is pretty straightforward debt to Beaumont which has reduced dramatically in recent years, I believe our cash in hand at the Tender was over 500k without season tickets or sponsorship for 2021

we had a very bad experience of losing our assets to loans from owners at HP, both the training pitch to B&Q and HP itself to the Blackpool mafia

23 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Yes, but Steve actually means net assets ie they own more than they owe (£667k as at 30/11/19), unlike at least 4 of the other clubs such as Leigh, which had net debt of £244k as of 31/12/19.

LTS, Do you happen to know when the decision on the land is to be made by WMDC? The council always seem to be bending over backwards to help Wakey and Cas while Fev always seem to get a raw deal. I hope that is due to change soon?

3 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

LTS, Do you happen to know when the decision on the land is to be made by WMDC? The council always seem to be bending over backwards to help Wakey and Cas while Fev always seem to get a raw deal. I hope that is due to change soon?

The local plan is still in the consultation stage (extended to 31st Dec due to CV-19). After that it will be sent to the Secretary of State for examination and approval with adoption expected to be sometime in 2022.

22 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

What is the land valued at on the books?

Leighs is pretty straightforward debt to Beaumont which has reduced dramatically in recent years, I believe our cash in hand at the Tender was over 500k without season tickets or sponsorship for 2021

we had a very bad experience of losing our assets to loans from owners at HP, both the training pitch to B&Q and HP itself to the Blackpool mafia

Craig, It's not worth very much at present because it's still in green belt. If you read the previous post from LTS you will see that the decision has been put back, but if it gets taken out of green belt it's got to be worth at least a few million even at the cheapest of building land prices. I believe that Fev's plans would not be to sell the land, but build on it themselves along with investors so they can rent out the properties to bring in a substantial year on year income?

Archived