He’s at it again Derek Beaumont.....

binosh

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

What a disappointment to some, when I have come onto this thread it had 42 views but only one comment, the dissapointment I refer to was it was probably expected to be controversial and it would have had numerous posts, but because it wasn't that no comment except that of Gooleboy, nice one.

Well it’s got 2 separate threads on here H.

Good effort by all involved.

I’ve said this before, I don’t know Mr Beaumont, and am never likely to, but he seems to do some very good things in his community and definitely has his communities interests at the forefront of his actions, including Leigh RL. As a sport we complain about not being able to attract enough wealthy investors, yet when we do get a few we usually find a reason to criticize them. What a strange bunch we are!

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

What a disappointment to some, when I have come onto this thread it had 42 views but only one comment, the dissapointment I refer to was it was probably expected to be controversial and it would have had numerous posts, but because it wasn't that no comment except that of Gooleboy, nice one.

That's a fantastic gesture from Leigh. Can't understand from some on here the problem people have with Derek Beaumont his hearts in the right place.

5 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

I’ve said this before, I don’t know Mr Beaumont, and am never likely to, but he seems to do some very good things in his community and definitely has his communities interests at the forefront of his actions, including Leigh RL. As a sport we complain about not being able to attract enough wealthy investors, yet when we do get a few we usually find a reason to criticize them. What a strange bunch we are!

I agree. Would love Beaumont to take over at Broncos once Hughesy calls it a day

Being cynical about the genorosity of others, being suspicious of actions that will help people ...... mmmmm.

Fantastic, well done to everyone involved!

What a shame it's necessary and needed so badly!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

16 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I agree. Would love Beaumont to take over at Broncos once Hughesy calls it a day

Hands off he's ours BB, local guy made good and he loves the club and community as you can see from this effort, I don't think he could transfer his loyalties elsewhere if his time to relinquish his position happens, hopefully it never does. 

But saying that if it goes back to a closed shop, and the goal, desire and ambition to get to SL is no more I wouldn't blame him if he walked away,  men of his ilk who have that in-built drive need targets to strive for, if it taken away and the challenge is gone whats the point.

17 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

That's rugby league expansion thinking right there.

Take two clubs and make them one.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Virtue signalling, look at the giant check, Derek’s desperate to come across as a generous mr nice guy, I’m not buying it.

This is the second 10k donation the club have made to this charity during these difficult times you sad excuse of a man

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hands off he's ours BB, local guy made good and he loves the club and community as you can see from this effort, I don't think he could transfer his loyalties elsewhere if his time to relinquish his position happens, hopefully it never does. 

But saying that if it goes back to a closed shop, and the goal, desire and ambition to get to SL is no more I wouldn't blame him if he walked away,  men of his ilk who have that in-built drive need targets to strive for, if it taken away and the challenge is gone whats the point.

I can certainly see why you want to hang onto him Harry.

You know what I think's the best thing he could do, for Leigh?

Archived