Rugby League Grounds Visited

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you include cup matches on Conference grounds against senior clubs?

I'm up to 96 grounds..84 in England/Wales..11 in France...1 in Spain but if Mayfield v Barrow in the Cup is allowed that would be 97.A further 31 Conference grounds gives a grand total of 128 grounds where RL has been watched.

My rarity is RSC Lescure Arthes...just outside Albi...on a superb Easter weekend that included Albi on the Saturday,RSC on  Sunday and finishing with Catalans v Salford on Easter Monday...formidable!

4 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I remember once taking in 3 matches in a day I drove up from the south on a bank holiday.

Did three (full games!) in a day during the 1991-92 season: 

December 1st

Batley 8 Keighley Cougars 23 (1.0, Division Three, 1,027)

Bramley 20 Whitehaven 17 (3.30, Division Three, 517)

Wakefield Trinity 8 Warrington 12 (6.15, Division One, 3,421)

One of my brothers came along for the ride. Great fun.

Bramley RLFC_Match programme front cover scan_70p, 16pp_versus Whitehaven_Third Division Championship_20-17, 517_01-12-91.jpg

9 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Correct, she lived in Woolfall Heights. An ex Featherstone player told me that while they were playing there, the Away Dressing Room got robbed, despite the Huyton Official giving the Featherstone kit man the door key!

sure your auntie had some tales to tell, but for the record that area wasn't the worst part of Huyton back then...

BTW it has been smartened up, well some of it....

29 minutes ago, redjonn said:

sure your auntie had some tales to tell, but for the record that area wasn't the worst part of Huyton back then...

BTW it has been smartened up, well some of it....

Her flat was high up facing the ground, it was a great view of the pitch. I regret not going to see them as Liverpool City at Knotty Ash.

19 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Just updated to 178 however I Skyped my French friend Bernard last night and asked him to check (

My number's nowhere near yours, but I can claim Ornaisons for a cup game Vs St Esteve. If you haven't been there I will wear it as a badge of honour!

It was also memorable because the gendarmes blocked the road out of the village and breathalysed everyone leaving.

11 minutes ago, BadlyOverdrawnBoy said:

My number's nowhere near yours, but I can claim Ornaisons for a cup game Vs St Esteve. If you haven't been there I will wear it as a badge of honour!

It was also memorable because the gendarmes blocked the road out of the village and breathalysed everyone leaving.

You can certainly wear it as a badge of honour BOD I have 100% never been there.

HALIFAX (thrum hall), barrow, blackpool (borough park and fylde), bramley, batley, bradford (odsal and valley parade), Castleford, Docaster(tattersfield and keepmoat), Featherstone, Hull (boulevard, boothferry park, craven park), leeds (headingley, elland road) hunslet (greyhoundstadium), huddersfield (fartown, john smith stadium), keighley, leigh (hilton park and sportsvillage), Salford(willows and AJ Bell), Swinton (station road, bury), St Helens(knowlsley road and new one) Wigan (central park and JJB), warrington (wilderspool and new one), wakefield, rochdale(athletic grounds and spotland), liverpool(knotty ash and altpark), millenium, bridgend, wrexham, mansfield, crystal palace, charlton, wembley (old and new), workington, whitehaven, toronto, oldham (watersheddings and Whitebank), widnes( old and new), york ( wiggington road and the other place well out of the town centre), old trafford, dewsbury (crown flatt and tetley), burnden park, reebok stadium, sheffield (speedway stadium and athletics stadium), mayfield, sydney football stadium, sydney olympic stadium, stadium onolympic  complex (bulldogs), belmore, balmain, redfearn, campbelltown, north sydney oval, parramatta (old), penrith, manly, shark park, newcastle, brisbane (ANZ and lang park) gold coast (cararra and robina), illawarra, kogarah, ,canberra, melbourne, langlands park, albert bishop oval, davies park, wests brisbane, sunshine coast stadium, dolphin stadium, kougari oval, emerson park, pizzey park, piggabeen oval, ipswich, runaway bay, mudgereeda, tugan, henson park.

I reckon that is 99. I had a weekend booked to see roosters at new cowboys stadium but that got Covided so stuck on 99! 

Its been a lot of fun....though i find many of the new stadiums soulless. Favourite, in UK probably wiggington road, york, in Australia north sydney oval and Albert Bishop park. Worst...Toronto...could have been made by a kid using lego.

I got to 20 but sure I'm missing a few from away games when I was much younger.

Hilton Park, LSV, DW stadium, Wilderspool, Halliwell Jones, Halton Stadium, Anfield, AJ Bell, Gigg Lane, Victory Park(Lancs Lynx), Cougar Park, Spotland, Post Office Road, Shay, Belle Vue, South Leeds Stadium, Bloomfield road, Murrayfield, Old Trafford, Reebok.

On 23/11/2020 at 09:13, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

For London I'll throw Wealdstone FC into the mix (the old ground, behind the cinema, they now play on the defunct Ruislip Manor's ground). For the Cru there's Chester RU and Cefn Druids. I think that quite a few on here went to Alt Park, it's just that we're all desperate to put the experience out of our minds!

When did London play at Wealdstone? I never knew that! A Tesco now...

Some great lists here, very impressive. Certainly putting my meagre collection of 22 to shame!

No-one able to claim Roots Hall (former home of the Invicta club, still home to my beloved Southend United)?

From memory alone, 

Current SL clubs

Wheldon Road

Stade Gilbert Brutus

Stade Aime Giral

Fartown

Leeds Road

John Smiths stadium

Boulevard

KCOM stadium

Craven park

Headingley

Knowsley road

Langtree park

The Willows

AJ Bell stadium

Belle vue (Wakefield)

Wilderspool

Halliwell Jones Stadium

Central park

DW stadium

current Championship clubs

Mount Pleasant

Odsal

Valley Parade

Crown flatt (new)

Post office road

Thrum Hall

The Shay

Hilton park

LSV

Crystal Palace NSC

Copthall stadium

Griffin park

The stoop

Trailfinders

Watersheddings

Hurst cross

Gigg lane

Recreation ground

Naughton park

Halton Stadium

Ryedale stadium

Current League 1 clubs

Craven park

Tattersfield

Belle vue (Doncaster)

Elland road

South Leeds stadium

Cougar park

Brewery field

Racecourse ground

Spotland

Derwent park

Defunct clubs

McClaren field (Bramley)

Moss lane (Trafford)

Harvey Haddon Stadium (Nottingham)

Gillford park (Carlisle)

Hoghton road (Highfield)

Hope street (Prescot)

Others including reserves, academy, internationals 

Stade Fontvielle ( Salses XIII)

Murrayfield

Wembley

Anfield

St James park

Ricoh Arena

Stainton Park ( Radcliffe)

Edge hall road (Orrell)

Lockwood Park (Huddersfield RUFC)

Laund hill (Huddersfield YMCA RUFC)

DRAM centre (Huddersfield)

Stainton park( Radcliffe, watched an 'A' team game there once)

16 hours ago, Dr Tim Whatley said:

Some great lists here, very impressive. Certainly putting my meagre collection of 22 to shame!

No-one able to claim Roots Hall (former home of the Invicta club, still home to my beloved Southend United)?

It was in the Fulham days, at the back end of 84/85, against White haven Bramley and Swinton on Cup Final eve. Can't claim Roots Hall, but I bet that I'm the only one on here that's been to a game at Meadow Lane, Nottingham.

1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

It was in the Fulham days, at the back end of 84/85, against White haven Bramley and Swinton on Cup Final eve. Can't claim Roots Hall, but I bet that I'm the only one on here that's been to a game at Meadow Lane, Nottingham.

Didn't Mansfield Marksman play a game there?

1 hour ago, Hopping Mad said:

Didn't Mansfield Marksman play a game there?

Against us, 28th. September '86, and they won 32-18. If anyone on here wants a prime example of a club falsifying a gate figure this is your game. Rothmans gives it as 950, other sources 350. In fact the crowd consisted almost entirely of the 20 or so of us Fulham supporters that went up on the team coach so it probably didn't even make 50 paying spectators!

On 25/11/2020 at 09:40, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

I would wager not knowing this board 😁 what happened to the other Fulham fans who were there that day?

18 hours ago, Wanderer said:

I would wager not knowing this board 😁 what happened to the other Fulham fans who were there that day?

Lets see - I'm in Shropshire, three are in Dorset, two in North Shields, one apparently now in New Zealand, four are now in that great RL ground in the sky, I've seen a couple at away games (although not recently) and I don't know about the rest.

On 24/11/2020 at 16:39, Dr Tim Whatley said:

Wealdstone 14 apr 1985 saw London v Whitehaven 10 all draw not sure how many games they played there after that

Archived