Jump to content

Rugby League Grounds Visited


Bleep1673

Recommended Posts

I've seen Widnes on 79 and got to 96 in total.

Some I've not seen mentioned (though no doubt others will have been) include Owlerton, Hurst Cross, Sedgeley Park, Stadium de Minimes, Elland Rd Greyhound Stadium, Boundary park, Fylde RU, McLaren Field, Parkes Oval, Leichardt Oval and North Sydney Oval.

The list includes a lot of football stadiums.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Easy one for me RUSSIA v GEORGIA at the Olympic Stadium Moscow (I was thinking of French grounds however audios would have been to pretty much all of them)

This should be a safe bet for me unless Gary Tasker and Adam Ex RFL post on this board as they were there to:)

Other one would be Locomotive Moscow and Rostov On Don ūüôā

 

Paul

Currently reading the book about the siege of Stalingrad by Anthony Beevor.  So unless there are some old members of the Sixth Army on this site you might be OK with Rostov on Don!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The number and lists are very impressive...

I will just add two I attended a number of times that I haven't seen on my quick review of the comments...

Mill Yard, Knotty Ash and Alt Park that may have slipped some of the well seasoned RL travellers memories...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, redjonn said:

The number and lists are very impressive...

I will just add two I attended a number of times that I haven't seen on my quick review of the comments...

Mill Yard, Knotty Ash and Alt Park that may have slipped some of the well seasoned RL travellers memories...

I've been Alt Park a few times.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

I've seen Widnes on 79 and got to 96 in total.

Some I've not seen mentioned (though no doubt others will have been) include Owlerton, Hurst Cross, Sedgeley Park, Stadium de Minimes, Elland Rd Greyhound Stadium, Boundary park, Fylde RU, McLaren Field, Parkes Oval, Leichardt Oval and North Sydney Oval.

The list includes a lot of football stadiums.

I've watched Widnes at several of the above, and watched ARL games at Leichardt and North Sydney. I doubt too many people will have made it out to Parkes though?

Possible contenders for the has anyone else watched a pro game locations - Richardson Oval, Darwin & Anzac Oval, Alice Springs? Also Stade Lucien Desprats, Cahors, Stade Henri Lagarde, Villefranche & Stade Maurice Chevalier, Cannes? Wingham Park, Greymouth, NZ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Huddersfield - Fartown/Leeds road/John smiths

London - Crystal palace/Griffin park/Barnet copthall/Ealing trailfinders/The stoop

Leeds - Headingley/Elland road

Bradford - Odsal/Valley parade

Halifax - Thrum Hall/The Shay

Oldham - Watersheddings/Boundary park

Wigan - Central park/DW

St Helens - Knowsley road/Totally wicked

Hull FC - Boulevard/Kcom

Doncaster - Tattersfield/Belle vue/Keepmoat

Warrington - Wilderspool/Halliwell Jones

Sheffield - Don Valley/Bramall lane

Leigh - Hilton park/LSV

Salford  - Willows/AJ Bell

Belle Vue (wakefield)

Wheldon road

Mount pleasant

Crown flatt

Mclaren Field

South Leeds stadium

Tattersfield

Keepmoat

Gateshead international

Post office road

Harvey Haddon Stadium

Derwent park

Craven park - Barrow and Hull KR

Recreation ground

Halton stadium/maughton park

Racecourse ground

Derwent park

Cougar park

Gillford park

Victory park

Deepdale

Ryedale stadium

Hoghton road

Canal street

Hurst cross

Gigg Lane

Moss lane

Stade gilbert brutus

Stade Fontvielle (Salses XIII)

Racecourse ground

Wembley old and new

Old Trafford

Anfield

St james park

Millenium stadium

 

Probably forgotten some too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Easy one for me RUSSIA v GEORGIA at the Olympic Stadium Moscow (I was thinking of French grounds however audios would have been to pretty much all of them)

This should be a safe bet for me unless Gary Tasker and Adam Ex RFL post on this board as they were there to:)

Other one would be Locomotive Moscow and Rostov On Don ūüôā

 

Paul

just out of curiosity chap, how did you get to be at Russia v Georgia game?

Wibble

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, voteronniegibbs said:

just out of curiosity chap, how did you get to be at Russia v Georgia game?

My wife is Russian so we organised a family visit that weekend back in October of that year to Moscow.

My other matches in Russia were around family visits (Have been to maybe 18/20 over the years) 

Sadly since around 10 years ago its not what it was previously the money man for RRL owned a casino in Moscow (He was actually from Kazan) Putin closed all the casinos in Moscow a few years ago and relocated them in far away places like Siberia thus the RRL lost its main benefactor.

Funny thing is we bumped into him a few years ago on a ski slope in Andorra on holiday:)

 

P 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Explain ?

I've just had check in i was just making it up. It was a match organised by the French to promote Jeu a Trieze. I remember little except a hangover which chills the blood even after all this time. 26-6 to Cas. Shaun Irvine MOM.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, corvusxiii said:

I've just had check in i was just making it up. It was a match organised by the French to promote Jeu a Trieze. I remember little except a hangover which chills the blood even after all this time. 26-6 to Cas. Shaun Irvine MOM.

So fax played CAS in Albi in 87 ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

My wife is Russian so we organised a family visit that weekend back in October of that year to Moscow.

My other matches in Russia were around family visits (Have been to maybe 18/20 over the years) 

Sadly since around 10 years ago its not what it was previously the money man for RRL owned a casino in Moscow (He was actually from Kazan) Putin closed all the casinos in Moscow a few years ago and relocated them in far away places like Siberia thus the RRL lost its main benefactor.

Funny thing is we bumped into him a few years ago on a ski slope in Andorra on holiday:)

 

P 

cheers chap, you've certainly got some miles on the clock 

Wibble

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Barrow, Batley, Bramley (McLaren Field) Bradford (Odsal), Chorley, Doncaster (Tattersfield), Featherstone, Hull (Boulevard), Halifax (Thrum Hall), Hunslet (Elland Road), Keighley, Lancashire Lynx (Deepdale), Leeds, London Skolars, Mansfield, Oldham (Watersheddings), Rochdale (Spotland), Salford (The Willows), Sheffield (Owlerton), St Helens (Knowsley Road), Wakefield, Whitehaven, Widnes (Naughton Park), York (Clarence Street) 

 

Blackpool - Borough Park, Fylde RFC

Carlisle - Brunton Park, Gilford Park

Fulham/London Crusaders - Chiswick Polytechnic, Barnet Copthall

Huddersfield - Fartown, Leeds Road

Toulouse - Stade de Minimes, Stade Ernest Argelès 

Warrington - Wilderspool, Halliwell Jones

Workington - Derwent Park, Borough Park

Wigan - Central Park, Springfield Park, DW Stadium

Plus Bloomfield Road, Old and New Wembley, Old Trafford, the Olympic Stadium and Okell's Stadium on the Isle of Man

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Dave W said:

Barrow, Batley, Bramley (McLaren Field) Bradford (Odsal), Chorley, Doncaster (Tattersfield), Featherstone, Hull (Boulevard), Halifax (Thrum Hall), Hunslet (Elland Road), Keighley, Lancashire Lynx (Deepdale), Leeds, London Skolars, Mansfield, Oldham (Watersheddings), Rochdale (Spotland), Salford (The Willows), Sheffield (Owlerton), St Helens (Knowsley Road), Wakefield, Whitehaven, Widnes (Naughton Park), York (Clarence Street) 

 

Blackpool - Borough Park, Fylde RFC

Carlisle - Brunton Park, Gilford Park

Fulham/London Crusaders - Chiswick Polytechnic, Barnet Copthall

Huddersfield - Fartown, Leeds Road

Toulouse - Stade de Minimes, Stade Ernest Argelès 

Warrington - Wilderspool, Halliwell Jones

Workington - Derwent Park, Borough Park

Wigan - Central Park, Springfield Park, DW Stadium

Plus Bloomfield Road, Old and New Wembley, Old Trafford, the Olympic Stadium and Okell's Stadium on the Isle of Man

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Never visited us Dave ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On about 25 in the UK and Oz for RL, which I don't think is too bad going for a "less well seasoned" RL fan.

I've been to a fair few others that¬†host¬†RL but weren't at the time I was there. Was hoping to add Toulouse (and maybe a few more around there), York and Spurs this year but that sadly couldn't happen ūüė•¬†

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...