dream line up of Teams

Stuarty

closed Leagues v Promotion and relegation  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better closed Leagues OR Promotion and relegation?

• Closed Leagues
    • Promotion and relegation

Ideal scenario for me would be a mixture of traditional teams mixed in with a few big city expansion teams playing in either a 14 team league or some sort of conference setup.

scenario 1.

wigan, Warrington, St. Helens, Manchester(swinton re-location), Salford, Leeds, Bradford, Hull fc, Huddersfield, castleford, London, newcastle, Catalan and Toulouse.

scenario 2.

10 English teams and a European conference of 6 teams including Toulouse, Catalan, Lyon, Marseille, Valencia and Belgrade.

Super League 

Bradford 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Cardiff 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 

Castleford 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Catalans 🇫🇷 

Huddersfield 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Hull FC 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Hull KR 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Leeds 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

London 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Salford 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

St Helens 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Toulouse 🇫🇷 

Warrington 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Wigan 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Championship

Aquitaine 🇫🇷 

Avignon 🇫🇷 

Bristol 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Coventry 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Cumbria 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Dublin 🇮🇪 

Featherstone 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Leigh 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Oldham 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Newcastle 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Sheffield 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Wakefield 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Widnes 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

York 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

3 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Wigan, Warrington, Saints, Leeds would be briliant. They could play each other about 6 times and would mean even more money to go around so they could improve their teams.

But could Warrington ever win it ?

37 minutes ago, Southerner said:

Relegation in Rugby league in unsustainable. 

As much  as I enjoy promotion and relegation this is true. Since P & R was reintroduced in 2014, Hull KR are the only team who were promoted and stayed up for more than a season (although they bounced straight back from their relegation)

Since Widnes were relegated in 2018 we now have 11 established clubs, the 12th will just yo-yo under the current structure.

My ideal structure would be a 12 team closed shop SL with licensing done properly. A second division where clubs with SL ambition enter and are allowed to grow and develop. Third division of feeder clubs

2 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

As much  as I enjoy promotion and relegation this is true. Since P & R was reintroduced in 2014, Hull KR are the only team who were promoted and stayed up for more than a season (although they bounced straight back from their relegation)

Since Widnes were relegated in 2018 we now have 11 established clubs, the 12th will just yo-yo under the current structure.

My ideal structure would be a 12 team closed shop SL with licensing done properly. A second division where clubs with SL ambition enter and are allowed to grow and develop. Third division of feeder clubs

Done properly ? 🤔😂🙄😱😤☠️🎢

7 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Castleford, Featherstone, Wakefield, Lock Lane, Eastmoor, Normanton Knights, Featherstone Lions, Castleford Panthers, Redhill (resurrected), Fryston, Sharlston plus Batley Boys as part of the expansion strategy.

Surely Kinsley Hotel Raiders should be in for expansion reasons.

2 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

With the forecast reduction in funding,a second division of clubs with REALISTIC SL ambition would be quite small I fear.

42 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

With the forecast reduction in funding,a second division of clubs with REALISTIC SL ambition would be quite small I fear.

If P&R is retained, some clubs would be spending to acheive promotion, unless one club in particular was so much wealthier than their contemporaries that trying to compete with them would be deemed fruitless.

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

If P&R is retained, some clubs would be spending to acheive promotion, unless one club in particular was so much wealthier than their contemporaries that trying to compete with them would be deemed fruitless.

Harry,if there was little or no SKY money,how many clubs do you think would have realistic SL ambition.

16 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

Harry,if there was little or no SKY money,how many clubs do you think would have realistic SL ambition.

Well Mr Beaumont would have to gauge what it would cost as would Mr Hughes, could Toulouse afford it, and how about Fev, not much different to today's title contenders is it? No disrespect to the rest but short of getting a money man in not much changes.

8 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Castleford, Featherstone, Wakefield, Lock Lane, Eastmoor, Normanton Knights, Featherstone Lions, Castleford Panthers, Redhill (resurrected), Fryston, Sharlston plus Batley Boys as part of the expansion strategy.

Superleague or UFC ??

Leigh
Leigh A
Leigh East
Leigh-on-Sea (obligatory expansion club)
Leigh Dzrhinos
Leigh Ningtowerofpisa
Leigh Dingwiththeelbow
London Leythers ('The Exiles')
Leigh Rangers
Leigh Miners
Leigh Minors
Leigh Majors

Automatic P&R, but with Leigh related clubs exempted from relegation in order to give them time to establish themselves.

Save a lot of arguments, won't it?

Wakefield, Featherstone and Castleford.  After them I aren't fussed.

Maybe London and Catalans for the trip.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Archived