Kody Nikorima...another one...

...linked with Hull FC.

NZ Warriors half back, Wiki says he's already signed a 3 year deal! 🙄 😀 🤔

So that probably means he ain't coming but, if he does, is he any good?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

He's good and getting better I think. Very quick and direct, a dangerous runner. Started out as an interchange dummy half/utility and was great in that role. He's been a starting half for 3 years or so now and had his moments, but also isn't a real natural organiser or game manager. The broncos let him go last year because he and Milford were too similar in style and I think he's improved at the warriors this year. To be honest, I'd be surprised if he left - he's one of their most dangerous players and had a strong last 6-8 weeks this year. 

39 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

...linked with Hull FC.

Is that wiki as in Wikipedia or Ruben wiki??

i honestly can’t see the warriors letting him go as he was hitting a bit of form at the backend of the season plus the warriors aren’t exactly blessed in the halves.

Not really sure how this makes sense given NZ's current squad tbh. They ran with Kodi and Harris-Tavita after sending Blake Green to the Knights midway through the year and that combination had a pretty good finish to the season. The only other halves on their books are Paul Turner (1 game rookie) and Sean O'Sullivan (9 games in 3 seasons elsewhere). The only way I could see them releasing Nikorima early is if they've been able to sign Jarome Hughes for the future.

Kodi's younger brother Jayden is also a half, and has started a train & trial contract with the NZ Warriors.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I’d be surprised if the Warriors let him go tbh , I thought they were moulding a side around him and Harris- Tevita . On the other hand for all his promise he’s never hit the heights consistently really . But he’s got the raw materials , he’s 26 now so he should be pushing on . He can be very very good  , or pretty ineffective so I can see him going to Hull

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

I’d be surprised if the Warriors let him go tbh , I thought they were moulding a side around him and Harris- Tevita . On the other hand for all his promise he’s never hit the heights consistently really . But he’s got the raw materials , he’s 26 now so he should be pushing on 

Another one of those players who’s versatility has actually stalled his career somewhat.

27 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Interesting one this as I had completely forgotten about him. Wasn’t he considered to be the better of the 2 brothers before his off the field scandals?

Played 7 times for the Roosters, and had his moments. Jury's still out, I think.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Played 7 times for the Roosters, and had his moments. Jury's still out, I think.

I think he was classed as the better prospect during his junior RL career . Played for the Aussie schoolboys too I believe.

Cant honestly see anything coming of his trial at the warriors as he’s been out of action for too long but the warriors wouldn’t be losing out much taking a gamble on him.

5 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

...linked with Hull FC.

He was pretty good when he came over here with the Kiwis, mate.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 hours ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

I think he was classed as the better prospect during his junior RL career . Played for the Aussie schoolboys too I believe.

Cant honestly see anything coming of his trial at the warriors as he’s been out of action for too long but the warriors wouldn’t be losing out much taking a gamble on him.

He was playing for Redcliffe Dolphins this season, so he's hasn't been entirely out of action. And the Dolphins are a very decent side.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Very decent side indeed. I thought he was just playing local park football.

Wikipedia says he signed with Redcliffe in 2018, but no details are given. I don't know if he's been with them all the time since. But a player like him would certainly get offers from a state cup side, rather than languishing in park footy.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Now says 2 year deal with Hull Kingdom Rovers - maybe they are a union outfit🤔🤔

Anyway dont the NZ test selectors have a blind spot about picking SL based players these days with the WC next year??

That's funny. Two days ago he was signing for Hull Kingston Rovers, a day later it was Hull FC but with a comment that proved it was a joke, then Huddersfield.

I don't think the player has really been linked with anybody it's just someone in the UK having a bit of fun amending his Wikipedia entry.

16 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Now says 2 year deal with Hull Kingdom Rovers - maybe they are a union outfit🤔🤔

Anyway dont the NZ test selectors have a blind spot about picking SL based players these days with the WC next year??

Dylan brown, Shaun Johnson and jahrome Hughes would probably jump ahead of him.

Archived