Poland Rugby League

The number of Polish born people living in the UK has increased considerably over the last 20 years and is thought to be just below 1M. At Leeds we have Polish born Mikolaj Oledski, I’m not sure how many Polish born, or Polish qualifying players are in the professional game but you’d think they’d be starting to appear in academy sides more often going forward both in the UK and Australia

Could Poland be the next international side to emerge, similar to Jamaica, Lebanon and Greece who are all to feature in the 2021 World Cup. If Poland were to play in a UK based World Cup we could have a whole new supporter base for the game, something that is much needed at all clubs. Obviously the same applies to other European countries as well as Poland.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The number of Polish born people living in the UK has increased considerably over the last 20 years and is thought to be just below 1M. At Leeds we have Polish born Mikolaj Oledski, I’m not sure how many Polish born, or Polish qualifying players are in the professional game but you’d think they’d be starting to appear in academy sides more often going forward both in the UK and Australia

Could Poland be the next international side to emerge, similar to Jamaica, Lebanon and Greece who are all to feature in the 2021 World Cup. If Poland were to play in a UK based World Cup we could have a whole new supporter base for the game, something that is much needed at all clubs. Obviously the same applies to other European countries as well as Poland.

Total agree lots of ruskies here  too (With passports from the Baltic states) 

Plenty of polish in Ireland to, I was told that some road signs in Limerick are in Irish Gaelic/English/Polish there are also a few Polish GAA football players knocking around.

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Not another made up side!

I would prefer to see Spain or somewhere else (is it serbia?) That actually play the game in that country and are trying to progress the game

Just now, yipyee said:

Not another made up side!

I would prefer to see Spain or somewhere else (is it serbia?) That actually play the game in that country and are trying to progress the game

I can actually see where you’re coming from but if an actual polish national RL side can be used as a vehicle to develop the game on the ground in Poland then I’m all for it. Same can be said about Lebanon, Jamaica and the Latin heat team etc.

1 minute ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

I can actually see where you’re coming from but if an actual polish national RL side can be used as a vehicle to develop the game on the ground in Poland then I’m all for it. Same can be said about Lebanon, Jamaica and the Latin heat team etc.

I agree but in reality we would end up with another Scotland, if not worse

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I would say that the Pakistan and Indian populations are the biggest immigrant population in the UK after probably the Irish so why not target those communities?

17 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Facebook not updated since 2015; the wiki link to their club website no longer works.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I said a month or so ago on another Poland thread that I’d be willing to contact the Polish RL and see if there was anything we (expansionist forum members) could do to assist them, but nobody was bothered. If anyone is interested though let me know, if we can get five or six people I’ll contact them. 

4 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Total agree lots of ruskies here  too (With passports from the Baltic states) 

Plenty of polish in Ireland to, I was told that some road signs in Limerick are in Irish Gaelic/English/Polish there are also a few Polish GAA football players knocking around.

Not sure where you are going with this? The poles barely play union here let alone league...

Archived