2020 Dream Team Announced

Dream Team 2020 

Bevan French– Full Back (Wigan Warriors) 

Krisnan Inu– Winger (Salford Red Devils) 

Ash Handley– Winger (Leeds Rhinos)

Toby King– Centre (Warrington Wolves)

Konrad Hurrell– Centre (Leeds Rhinos)

Aidan Sezer– Half Back (Huddersfield Giants)

Jonny Lomax– Half Back (St Helens)

Alex Walmsley– Prop (St Helens)

Mike Cooper– Prop (Warrington Wolves)

Paul McShane– Hooker (Castleford Tigers)

Liam Farrell– Second Row (Wigan Warriors)

Kelepi Tanginoa– Second Row (Wakefield Trinity)

Morgan Knowles– Loose Forward (St Helens)

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Glad to see Tanginoa there. Whatever Trinity paid for him, he's been a bargain.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Can make a case for most of those, the only one who stands out as a strange selection is Hurrell.....: but there haven’t been many stand out centres across the whole season. A number have played better at times but suffered from injuries (Newman, Gildart, Wardle).
Naiqama has been more consistent 

8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’m not sure I’d have many dreams about that team tbh , but well done to them 

Do you think they'd give this dream team a game from 20 years ago?

1. Kris Radlinski 2. Tevita Vaikona 3. Steve Renouf 4. Tonie Carroll 5. Brett Dallas 6. Paul Sculthorpe 7. Adrian Lam 8. David Farleigh 9. Kieron Cunningham 10. Terry O'Connor 11. David Furner 12. Jamie Peacock 13. Andy Farrell

4 minutes ago, Scubby said:

1. Kris Radlinski 2. Tevita Vaikona 3. Steve Renouf 4. Tonie Carroll 5. Brett Dallas 6. Paul Sculthorpe 7. Adrian Lam 8. David Farleigh 9. Kieron Cunningham 10. Terry O'Connor 11. David Furner 12. Jamie Peacock 13. Andy Farrell

Will today's team have 8 interchanges to go at?

But No I couldn't todays team getting the better of the team from 20 years ago, especially now that O'Connor has found an ability to put people to sleep. 

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

Of course they would give that team a game,mind you they are all nearing 50.

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

If they played now the team released today should just edge it for me. Being 20 years older might just take its toll in the last 10 minutes on this team!!

3 hours ago, Scubby said:

Yes but a very one sided game.

The side you listed would be a genuine match for a current NRL team of the year for 2020. The SL 2020 dream team would be lucky to keep the score below 50. French and Walmsley are the only ones from today’s team that would even make me pause to consider picking them.

hardly a dream team- more like a nightmare scenario and a very very sad indictment  of the lack of talent in the  british game these days - hurrel would struggle to get a game with the ferns down under

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, Celt said:

Nail on head mate. World's apart.

Yet some people still protest on here if anyone suggests the level is regressing.

This year's team would beat the Brisbane Broncos I am sure, who are basically a bunch of kids.

However would anybody really put money on them beating NQ Cowboys (third bottom NRL) or the Bulldogs (2nd last?). I don't think there would be many willing to stake serious cash against either.

Haha give over, both of those teams were awful this year (the Dogs have been awful for years). 

You can’t judge or compare teams on paper anyway, pointless exercise. All depends on how they’re coached and the combinations and defensive understanding they have from gelling together

6 minutes ago, Celt said:

So I guess given the financial disparities between the 2 leagues, we can expect at least a few of these 'stars' from Super League to be snapped up by the NRL asap then?

We hear that French is staying... so which of this 'Dream Team' will be heading across to double their salary next season? (Not to mention test themselves against the best)

They must be getting a lot of offers if they are so good?

Some have turned down NRL offers, some are on more money here and some choose to stay for lifestyle reasons. I’m really not sure what your point is

4 minutes ago, Celt said:

My point is that the NRL doesn't want many of them.  Even the Cowboys and Bulldogs are not exactly queueing up for them.

If the NRL clubs did, they would make them an offer that even the 'lifestyle reasons' would not be enough to stop them temporarily moving out of castleford or St helens for a couple of years.

That’s cos the NRL is also under a salary cap and couldn’t afford them. The likes of Sezer is on a big marquee contract. Tanginoa played 12 times for Manly in his last season in NRL. Cooper had an excellent stint there, Walmsley has turned down offers, as has French. 

SL clubs aren’t exactly queuing up for some of the Bulldogs and Cowboys players!

Archived