Fri 27 Nov: SL Grand Final: Wigan Warriors v St Helens KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/11/20 at 20:30

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predict a 20+ page thread without a trace of bitterness or moderation.

And I've just picked my first Sunday beer up.

Skints 16 Pies 18.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

For Saints to win Walmsley would have to be at his marauding best. After watching him limp out of the Catalans game there’s no way I see that happening. The only other way I see Saints winning is if someone in the Wigan team has a brain fart like Flower did in 2014. There’s enough hot heads in the Wigan team for that to happen but I can’t see it in such a big game. So I’m expecting a close game with Wigan just edging it. 

Interesting one this. Both teams used to getting all the 50 - 50s so somebody not going to be happy. If Wigan can dent Saints attack get in there faces and smother Walmsley I can see them prevailing.  A few controversial refereeing decisions and a brawl would be perfect 😂😂😂😂.

Now Sky are resting easy with the Final they demanded we might get some genuine officiating?

St Helens will miss that 14th man on the field that assisted them so productively in the semi final.

Hopefully we'll get a feast of spectacular Rugby League with all the trimmings. 

Too close to call if the game's played fair and square. All the makings for a classic. 🙂

15 hours ago, Loiner said:

Interesting one this. Both teams used to getting all the 50 - 50s so somebody not going to be happy. If Wigan can dent Saints attack get in there faces and smother Walmsley I can see them prevailing.  A few controversial refereeing decisions and a brawl would be perfect 😂😂😂😂.

Both teams used to getting all the 50 50s.

Accuracy - zero percent ,  chippiness, bitterness and jealousy,  100 percent.😀😀😀

3 minutes ago, Ramon Rojo said:

Now Sky are resting easy with the Final they demanded we might get some genuine officiating?

St Helens will miss that 14th man on the field that assisted them so productively in the semi final.

Hopefully we'll get a feast of spectacular Rugby League with all the trimmings. 

Too close to call if the game's played fair and square. All the makings for a classic. 🙂

St Helens will miss that 14th man on the field that assisted them so productively in the semi final.

Give over. Give it a rest 

Such a tough game to call. I’m amazed some bookies have given Saints the start. It’s as big a scratch game as I can remember. The health of Alex Walmsley with his knee will be huge. The comments from Woolf after the game that he was fine seemed to be him wanting to show an air of confidence with it and not give anything away. His knee looked unstable during that game and I’m sure he’ll be involved but if he can be as effective as normal, I’m not too sure. If he isn’t 100% and we can target him, we may just get the job done. If he is as fine as Woolf suggests, I think Saints will win by 6. 

55 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Such a tough game to call. I’m amazed some bookies have given Saints the start. It’s as big a scratch game as I can remember. The health of Alex Walmsley with his knee will be huge. The comments from Woolf after the game that he was fine seemed to be him wanting to show an air of confidence with it and not give anything away. His knee looked unstable during that game and I’m sure he’ll be involved but if he can be as effective as normal, I’m not too sure. If he isn’t 100% and we can target him, we may just get the job done. If he is as fine as Woolf suggests, I think Saints will win by 6. 

It had all the makings of an injury before the match.  I'm sure he is not (if he says it's tuesday it's tuesday) but he looks a bit spindley to me.    I'll settle for him being in raging form for the world cup, but not please for the next week.

5 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Chris Kendall gets the refereeing gig. This will be his seventh straight Wigan game he’s refereed. 

Chris Kendal who failed to show a red card for 3 offences (or even give a penalty for 2 of them) which later received a combined 17 match ban in recent weeks...🙈

As many have said above, two evenly matched teams who should produce a close game. Now, with the appointment of Kendal its a complete lottery and the winner will be decided by where his inevitable brainfart takes place and who it helps. Yet another mega blunder by the RFL.

7 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I generally feel pretty confident at this stage of the week, and despite being in no Rush to make a prediction, I will go with 21 - 12 to 

Sounds like you're in the Twilight Zone mate.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Two good teams ,both capable of beating each other .I ain't got sky and pubs are shut so I will rely on you lot for unbiased posting . My prediction? Too close to call .hope it's a good game and sorry for the players having to play in front of an empty stadium 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

2 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Chris Kendal who failed to show a red card for 3 offences (or even give a penalty for 2 of them) which later received a combined 17 match ban in recent weeks...🙈

Can't believe it,after the under par performances Kendall has put in recently how bad are the others!!🤔😡 Yet another reward for incompetence

I feel for Chris Kendall, too. He’s quite possibly been hung out to dry. He’s had a rough few weeks, with a lot of the limelight being pointed towards him. Whether he was right or wrong in the decisions he’s made of late, I wonder if another big game is the right thing for him. 

He gives a key decision Wigan’s way and he’s going to face a load of flak from Saints fans, having reffed what will be his seventh straight Wigan game. He gives a key decision our way and he’s then open to claims he’s gone the opposite way to fend of biased accusations. Given Rugby League fans love a conspiracy, either are quite likely. 

I don’t think he should have got the final, mainly because I think Liam Moore has been the best referee in the competition but he’s from Wigan, so that would have opened another can of worms. 

Archived