Fri 27 Nov: SL Grand Final: Wigan Warriors v St Helens KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/11/20 at 20:30

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I thought there would be more prog rockers on here than there are... 

I might not have spotted the 2112 clue if you hadn't capitalised "rush".

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

10 hours ago, JohnM said:

Both teams used to getting all the 50 50s.

Accuracy - zero percent ,  chippiness, bitterness and jealousy,  100 percent.😀😀😀

Chippiness is that a word ? Bitterness and jealousy ? What have I got to bitter and jealous about ? 

3 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Two good teams ,both capable of beating each other .I ain't got sky and pubs are shut so I will rely on you lot for unbiased posting . My prediction? Too close to call .hope it's a good game and sorry for the players having to play in front of an empty stadium 

unbiased posting.

You have to be joking.

4 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Two good teams ,both capable of beating each other .I ain't got sky and pubs are shut so I will rely on you lot for unbiased posting . My prediction? Too close to call .hope it's a good game and sorry for the players having to play in front of an empty stadium 

Pick up the commentary on-line from radio manchester. A link will appear here. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live-guide/rugby-league

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Kendall has been ridiculously over-exposed to Wigan players recently, that's definitely not a good thing.

On the other hand there was his controversial performance in last year's Grand Final where he handed the game to St Helens.

So that side of it is pretty well balanced. . .

Hopefully the Saints win 🙂

5 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I will rely on you lot for unbiased posting

Can I get my condolences in early?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 hours ago, Padge said:

Pick up the commentary on-line from radio manchester. A link will appear here. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live-guide/rugby-league

Cheers Padge I'll have a try 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

12 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Absolutely no way Walmsley is going to be 100% fit. 

Not sure Graham has been fit all season, but I guess he will get over this protocol. Saints will want him to be slipping the ball, not yardage.  I expect Saints generally will be looking to pass out and slip the ball.

Fair doos to all players, I don't want to see any get injured.  But what was clearly a knee injury, looking like some cartilage issue, that Walmsley had does not clear up miraculously by mid week... especially when he seemed to have it going into the game.   But its the end of season, players will carry knocks. 

7 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Not sure Graham has been fit all season, but I guess he will get over this protocol. Saints will want him to be slipping the ball, not yardage.  I expect Saints generally will be looking to pass out and slip the ball.

Fair doos to all players, I don't want to see any get injured.  But what was clearly a knee injury, looking like some cartilage issue, that Walmsley had does not clear up miraculously by mid week... especially when he seemed to have it going into the game.   But its the end of season, players will carry knocks. 

Unfortunately Graham’s cannon fodder now he isn’t going to win Saints the game. Potentially a 100% Walmsley has it in him to be the difference between the two teams. He isn’t going to be that unless of course it was all part of some master plan to have everyone ruling him out. 

Heart says Saints. But with my head, we've got a big job on our hands.

We have lost to Wire twice this year and the one occasion we have played a full strength Wigan team, lost. And on two of the three occasions, we were comfortably beaten. If we are to win, we need to make big improvements on those matches.

But, Walmsley didn't play in two of those matches. Now we shouldn't be too reliant on one player, but we are (hopefully addressing that next year). An unfit Walmsley and we'll lose. Fully fit, we've got a shot.

We had more problems last time against Wigan in that we only looked like scoring once (although we did take that chance). Against Catalans last time, we looked a lot more fluent in attack, more so than we have for months. Wigan's defence is a different matter though!

Going in with hope rather than expectation for this one!

1 hour ago, Chris22 said:

Heart says Saints. But with my head, we've got a big job on our hands.

We have lost to Wire twice this year and the one occasion we have played a full strength Wigan team, lost. And on two of the three occasions, we were comfortably beaten. If we are to win, we need to make big improvements on those matches.

But, Walmsley didn't play in two of those matches. Now we shouldn't be too reliant on one player, but we are (hopefully addressing that next year). An unfit Walmsley and we'll lose. Fully fit, we've got a shot.

We had more problems last time against Wigan in that we only looked like scoring once (although we did take that chance). Against Catalans last time, we looked a lot more fluent in attack, more so than we have for months. Wigan's defence is a different matter though!

Going in with hope rather than expectation for this one!

The warrington game (semi) we lost both centres in the first half, they scored a lucky headed try and coote uncharicteristically missed a conversion that would have tied the game.

Perfect storm really, it was all saints in the first 20.

The derby defeat saints got the tactics wrong and tried to out muscle in the middle with no real play on the edges. The difference was 2 errors by grace leasing to 2 wigan trys and a missed forward pass for another. 

I dont see grace as good enough for saints but he gets away with it with his pace to can acrobatically finish.

Hopefully the tactics will be different and saints to play like saints.

Saints by 18 🖒

18 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Unfortunately Graham’s cannon fodder now he isn’t going to win Saints the game. Potentially a 100% Walmsley has it in him to be the difference between the two teams. He isn’t going to be that unless of course it was all part of some master plan to have everyone ruling him out. 

Gotta disagree. While he may not be the player he was at his peak, what Saints have often lacked in big games like finals is on the field leadership. He's vocal, he'll get in the ear of opposition players and the Referee, he'll motivate the players around him and pick them up if something goes wrong. His experience, mental toughness & resilience could be the difference between Saints winning & losing as both teams are pretty evenly matched in terms of skills & abilities.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Archived