Fri 27 Nov: SL Grand Final: Wigan Warriors v St Helens KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/11/20 at 20:30

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

So thank you to everyone who has made this season happen and to Saints and Wigan for giving is one of TGG’s greatest games 

And to think some people try to say this season is a farce and this isn't a proper title. 

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Cool head from Welsby. The lad did well.

After that, I might even stop calling him "Elton".

Maybe.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

And James Roby shows how humble a great player can be "yeah, I was alright"

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, andyscoot said:

I think it was the wrong decision to go for the kick. I'd have kicked to touch and got in a position to go for a drop goal.

Still, congratulations to Saints.

Same call here, said don't go for it, he'll be short and give Saints the ball. He was short, gave Saints the ball the rest is history to be talked about for years.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Well. It doesn't be get much more dramatic than that.

1 second to go.

Disappointing as a Wigan fan, but what a great contest.

Both teams have done the sport a great service with that performance.

Well done Saints.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Just now, dkw said:

Amazing emotion from jammer, great to see him and o'loughlin there, 2 warriors.

Yep, absolutely fitting for them both to finish their careers in such a fantastic game. 

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

Let's hope many people tuned into that to pass an evening in lockdown. A marvellous advert for our game.

Twitter is full of people simultaneously thrilled and aghast at the physical contest.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Rupert Prince said:

Well what a really crazy finish.  bit of a joke really.  80 minutes all ended with a poor fluke.  But Wigan should have gone for touch with penalty, not for goal.. they then had a chance for a drop.

But a fluke.

I'm in a group chat with a load of mates who don't watch rugby league and they're saying it's one of the best games of sport they've watched in their lives. Comparing it to when Aguero scored a last minute winner for Manchester City in 2012.

Only rugby league fan can describe the game like you have. 

Just now, High Peak Rhino said:

Imagine if that had been in front of a full house at Old Trafford...

Imagine if the RFL had listened to all the dismal fun-sponges who said this season wasn't worth playing and that the title would be devalued.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, High Peak Rhino said:

Awesome game. Imagine if that had been in front of a full house at Old Trafford...

We have had two world class finals. Maybe we should stop criticising our comp and bigging up other sports and the NRL and celebrating what we have and fill the grounds. 

Archived