Fri 27 Nov: SL Grand Final: Wigan Warriors v St Helens KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/11/20 at 20:30

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rupert Prince said:

Would you be?   A real fluke, but thats what happens when a ball bounces... off a poor drop goal.  And millimetres on/off side and millimetres to dead in goal !

I’m not saying it as a criticism.

I know it’s hard to take but to keep going on about it being a lucky win sounds like sour grapes tbh.

3 minutes ago, Padge said:

Is Coote p!$$£d already.

And, if not, why not? :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Brilliant game, poor result from my point of view, but we get another go at it next year when I think Wigan will be better.

One disappointing aspect is the habitual reaction of the likes of Snapski and Just Browny. When is TRL going to open a nursery sub-forum for these children?

Well done to Saints, you rode your luck, and got the prize.

Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

I’m not saying it as a criticism.

I know it’s hard to take but to keep going on about it being a lucky win sounds like sour grapes tbh.

It is no more of a fluke than a reliable kicker like Don Fox missing an easy conversion. This is what sport comes down to sometimes. If it was predictable, who'd bother watching?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 minutes ago, dkw said:

Hes a machine, plays like a young Bateman.

Can't wait 'til 2021, when he gets to play the ur-Bateman. Could be tasty.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well done St Helens. I was wishing for a different result, but I won't forget this final soon. Incredible.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Hang on a sec, hear me out.

Was it actually a drop goal anyway? I think it bounces and then goes over the crossbar before Welsby puts it down.

Just checked the wording. It doesn't say specifically for a drop goal, but for a 'goal' it says... "A goal is scored if the whole of the ball at any time how scored during its flight passes on the full over the opponents’ cross bar towards the dead ball line after being kicked by a player"

So 'during its flight' suggests no goal if it bounces.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Futtocks said:

Can't wait 'til 2021, when he gets to play the ur-Bateman. Could be tasty.

That's the main reason I think Wigan will be better next season. He will bring a much needed energy to Wigan's attack when he returns.

If Wigan can keep that strong defence, and up the attacking threat a bit, I think we could be much better next year.

I could be wrong however, it will probably be Warrington's year.

Oh dear, all it took was a pat on the shoulder from LMS to pass on the potty-mouth virus to Walmsley.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Jim Prendle said:

That's the main reason I think Wigan will be better next season. He will bring a much needed energy to Wigan's attack when he returns.

If Wigan can keep that strong defence, and up the attacking threat a bit, I think we could be much better next year.

I could be wrong however, it will probably be Warrington's year.

Plus those young Wigan forwards will be starting the season with a year's more experience than they had at the start of 2020. I think there's a lot more to come from those kids too.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nice to see LMS's influence on Alex Walmsley making him drop the f bomb for a change.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Oh dear, all it took was a pat on the shoulder from LMS to pass on the potty-mouth virus to Walmsley.

I am outraged that Sky haven’t apologised yet

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

25 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Well what a really crazy finish.  bit of a joke really.  80 minutes all ended with a poor fluke.  But Wigan should have gone for touch with penalty, not for goal.. they then had a chance for a drop.

But a fluke.

Do you even like rugby league?

It was a fluke one way that the drop goal missed. That is the inches that can win and lose you a game.

And it wasn't a fluke the other way because he had to chase that, and beat the defender, and then finish it before going into touch.

Only in rugby league could a fan try and dampen such and amazing piece of sporting drama as a fluke and a joke.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Just now, JohnM said:

Obviously dissapointed in the result, but Wigan had their chances to put it to bed earlier.

But Saints had more,both sides showed amazing commitment to defence,

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived