Fri 27 Nov: SL Grand Final: Wigan Warriors v St Helens KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/11/20 at 20:30

1 hour ago, redjonn said:

then it may have been hard to say it missed, that is that it didn't go over...  so it may have been given... then a different talking point

And much more controversial with numerous conspiracy theories no doubt to the fore

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the BBC highlights, and when Wigan chose to let Hardaker attempt that late penalty kick, both Nobby and Jiffy immediately said "I wouldn't".

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, Oxford said:

I think you're coming at this from the wrong direction.

Wigan signed a center for this season, then move a full-back to center to accomodate someone who was finding it difficult to find a position that suited him.

All of this just suggests an embarassment of riches, options and an over subscribed squad.

The squad was not over subscribed if there was a Reserve Grade. 

31 minutes ago, Ramon Rojo said:

Unless you believe all the false optimism being spread by the spin doctors & media associates there won't be more than 5,000 let in Old Trafford anyway. Hull would be fine 👍🙂

Clearly you don’t believe something which is 100% true

37 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Presentation was excellent.

The game was even better. Absolutely blown away by it. There was nothing between the teams and they were both outstanding. The only disappointment as a neutral was that it didn't go to golden point. I never wanted it to end.

I can assure you that all Wigan fans would have been happy for it to be golden points.

14 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

The squad was not over subscribed if there was a Reserve Grade. 

Now with that I think you're being a little coy Rupert.

The reserve grade for SL quality players is not a waiting room!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

25 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Watching the BBC highlights, and when Wigan chose to let Hardaker attempt that late penalty kick, both Nobby and Jiffy immediately said "I wouldn't".

I also said it again, it didn't work this time either.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

9 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Now with that I think you're being a little coy Rupert.

The reserve grade for SL quality players is not a waiting room!

Not coy.  And given Wigan are missing 2 wingers injured, Wigans roster seems sensible.  

4 hours ago, LeeF said:

Just to add to the drama of what was a fantastic game of RL the posts used last night were not those belonging to Hull FC but were the RFL ones which are significantly taller and without which Makinson’s drop goal attempt wouldn’t have hit and bounced etc. On such small things

The tall goal posts have been back at the KCOM for some time.

Must have found where the Allams were hiding the top bits.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

28 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

I can assure you that all Wigan fans would have been happy for it to be golden points.

I forgot. There was another thing I was disappointed about. Wish I'd opened the curtains because the fireworks looked great.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

32 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Not coy.  And given Wigan are missing 2 wingers injured, Wigans roster seems sensible.  

So Bibby is surplus but came in because of emergencies, he must be made up with that one.

20 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Just watched the highlights. That final set from Saints is quality to get into position for a drop goal attempt. Two quality runs from Naiqama and Fages in particular. Champion team. 

Indeed.  They were so quality that it was left with the winger to attempt the drop that turnout out to be out of his range.

But such is life.

But I'm being serious, Saints were good at making yardage. They generally have been all this season and previous. 

2 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Walmsley supposedly played with a torn knee cartilage; going to undergo surgery. 

Pretty obvious he wasn't right and probably shouldn't have played.

6 minutes ago, Oxford said:

So Bibby is surplus but came in because of emergencies, he must be made up with that one.

Look at the number on his shirt.  Wigans no.3 was Hankinson.  Of interest might be that he is a reliable goal kicker.

Wigan have a very good squad, but all clubs have holes in their squads.

Games and life are full of 'what it's'... And that game was full of them. 

8 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Pretty obvious he wasn't right and probably shouldn't have played.

Let's hope he recovers from that.  Others will know whether its a good idea for him or Saints to play like that (not that he played much more than 20 mins).

But as an England supporter I do hope he recovers.

7 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Look at the number on his shirt.  Wigans no.3 was Hankinson.  Of interest might be that he is a reliable goal kicker.

Wigan have a very good squad, but all clubs have holes in their squads.

Games and life are full of 'what it's'... And that game was full of them. 

So Bibby is surplus really.

22 hours ago, Damien said:

Some very good tweets from Tony Bellew. Rl has a new fan:

Just gone to have a look at his tweets. 

The first reply I read was some guy with an England RU badge as his twitter pic saying this...

Has watching this game got you converted then Tony lad !!!! If ya up for a game sometime at @Twickenhamstad  just give us a shout

knob

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

19 hours ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

I guess they just refused the kick as they are allowed to. It wasn’t needed after all. 

Glad they did, i had Saints by 1-5! Kerching! Quality game! 

Haha, I bet on Saints at +2 at half-time. I'd pretty much given up on it and ironically had the D/G gone over I'd have lost! 

21 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I don't understand the flack for going for 2 at the end. I'd have made the same call.

It's easy in hindsight to say it was the wrong call, but they could have set up for a drop goal and knocked on in the build up to it. People would then be saying that should have gone for 2.

They were just unlucky.

Yeh, it was pretty uncontroversial at the time I thought. Seemed like a no-lose, if they get it (and they very nearly did), if they don't they've almost certainly got extra time.

You can't make your decisions based on the possibility an event like the last few seconds might happen! 

4 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Yeh, it was pretty uncontroversial at the time I thought. Seemed like a no-lose, if they get it (and they very nearly did), if they don't they've almost certainly got extra time.

You can't make your decisions based on the possibility an event like the last few seconds might happen! 

The problem I, and a lot of others, had with it was that he was not likely to get it dead if he missed, I know a lot of people, who like me said it was a bad call at the time.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived