Fri 27 Nov: SL Grand Final: Wigan Warriors v St Helens KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/11/20 at 20:30

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

first gf i will miss as i usually attend the game or watch it in a bar or pub with mates to make an event of it, cant go round to a mates house who has sky either so like every thing else this year its a write off

No chance of listening to the match? Radio 5 Sports Extra, Talksport 2, Radio Manchester and Radio Merseyside are all doing commentary.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Futtocks said:

No chance of listening to the match? Radio 5 Sports Extra, Talksport 2, Radio Manchester and Radio Merseyside are all doing commentary.

will prob listen to bits but its not the same is it?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

will prob listen to bits but its not the same is it?

The pictures are better on the radio.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

i will prob watch the 45 min highlights on bbc tomorrow and simply avoid the score by buying the times instead of my normal saturday newspaper

You and your mate, waiting for the highlights programme to start.

likely-lads-pic-7.jpg

Ralph Waldo Emerson

34 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

first gf i will miss as i usually attend the game or watch it in a bar or pub with mates to make an event of it, cant go round to a mates house who has sky either so like every thing else this year its a write off

Get a NowTV day pass. Sorted then. Don't need Sky. 

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

I'm not sure which is causing the most trepidation; the pizza or the GF!

Could be a toss up as to which is going to be the weirder experience.

Anyhow, I can confirm the stadium lights are working. Strange feeling having a GF a little over a mile from our house for the only time in my life and not being able to attend.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

32 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Get a NowTV day pass. Sorted then. Don't need Sky. 

cant be bothered with all that messing about- to be honest i dont think 99 per cent  of the people at work or at home even know the game is happening - it hasnt been mentioned or talked about whatsoever this week - it might get a mention on bbc sports report in the morning between disabled womens cricket and lewis hamiltons televised traffic exploits so will keep the tv off and only listen to screaming dead radio online until the highlights come on

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

cant be bothered with all that messing about- to be honest i dont think 99 per cent  of the people at work or at home even know the game is happening - it hasnt been mentioned or talked about whatsoever this week - it might get a mention on bbc sports report in the morning between disabled womens cricket and lewis hamiltons televised traffic exploits so will keep the tv off and only listen to screaming dead radio online until the highlights come on

Do you work for RFL by any chance?

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

The BBC's Sportsday programme has just had a decent preview of the game.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Food: I have a Sri Lankan-style chicken pizza (saw it while browsing Morrison's and couldn't imagine what it would be like), plus Lorenz peanut puffs for snackage. The latter are like Wotsits, only without the fluorescent cheese and with a mild roast peanut flavour. 

Drink: In the house, I have two bottles of white wine (Grenache blanc & Chardonnay), one red (French Malbec), two bottles of Innis & Gunn rum cask aged beer and some Bombay Dry gin + tonic water and Angostura bitters.

I think I'll survive... or I'll fall asleep well before KO and wake up in time for The Last Leg.

Please let us know what the Sri Lankan-style pizza is like, Futtocks; by the way, that's an oxymoron if ever there was one!  It would be interesting to know how far through your drinks menu you manage to get too!

Here at WWD Towers, I have downed my first pint of New Forest Ale on a pre-meal (aka empty) stomach.  This may not have been a good idea!

3 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Okay down to serious business...

...what is everyone eating and drinking to enjoy the match?

Pre match: Chippy tea for me (Fish, chips, mushy peas and curry sauce all wrapped separately)

First half: Cup of Yorkshire tea (no sugar)

Second half:  Belgian IPA from Aldi

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Food: I have a Sri Lankan-style chicken pizza (saw it while browsing Morrison's and couldn't imagine what it would be like), plus Lorenz peanut puffs for snackage. The latter are like Wotsits, only without the fluorescent cheese and with a mild roast peanut flavour. 

Drink: In the house, I have two bottles of white wine (Grenache blanc & Chardonnay), one red (French Malbec), two bottles of Innis & Gunn rum cask aged beer and some Bombay Dry gin + tonic water and Angostura bitters.

I think I'll survive... or I'll fall asleep well before KO and wake up in time for The Last Leg.

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

You're right, GR, this is the important bit.

Mrs WWD is cooking a sweet and sour dish, using individual ingredients, not a jar of made-up sauce.  I am lucky to have a brilliant cook as my life partner, but then her mum did run a cafe in Skipton, which is where we first met!

I have made my regular, Friday afternoon journey to the Downton Brewery off-licence for my 4 pints of real ale (two tonight, two tomorrow)  Pleasant surprise when I got my loyalty card out; I was due a free four pints, after ten purchases!  I have opted for the New Forest Ale today; a quite dark, session beer.

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Thatchers Gold and a chicken curry,hoping Wigan don’t blow as hot & cold as me later.

I'm trying to be healthy at the moment so avoiding the bad stuff and off the booze till Christmas.

And so I would to say, and I mean this with all my heart, I hate you all. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Ullman said:

Why not?

the workings of the bbc are none of our business - just keep paying those licence fee direct debits on time or the boys will be round 

Tipping and hoping for a Wigan win but will settle for a great game.

I hope both O'Loughlin and Graham play well and its a pity they can't both go out with a win after stellar careers.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Okay down to serious business...

...what is everyone eating and drinking to enjoy the match?

Pre match: Chippy tea for me (Fish, chips, mushy peas and curry sauce all wrapped separately)

First half: Cup of Yorkshire tea (no sugar)

Second half:  Belgian IPA from Aldi

Got some Jaipur in the fridge for starters and then it'll be McGuigan's Reserve Shiraz.

For half time a Chicken and Chorizo Pizza  lined up.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived