Marketing

If we think this alone isn't that impressive then fine. 

So look wider. Look how Newcastle have grown their fanbase to one of the largest in League 1 and had a several thousand pre-Magic weekend crowd.

Look at the work that the club and city are doing to promote RLWC 2021.

See how participation figures and junior rugby league is growing in the north east whilst in decline elsewhere.

Read about the ambitions of Newcastle to have top flight rugby league and union working together in the city out of the same base.

Look at Newcastle's ambition to win Super League by 2030 on a model of sustainability.

Yes, if you want to take a narrow, derisory view of this bit of social media engagement then you can.

Or, you can look wider and see that this isn't a chance encounter or fleeting moment of social media fame. This is all part of a larger, sustainable strategy to expand our sport in the north east.

It won't happen quickly, Newcastle may never be a powerhouse of the sport at all, but I have confidence it will result in long term benefits for the sport instead of a boom and bust approach.

1 hour ago, Chris22 said:

......I have confidence it will result in long term benefits for the sport instead of a boom and bust approach.

So do I mate, so do I. Well done.

Archived