Seven years ago today

50 minutes ago, Rage said:

One of the greatest games I've seen live. Great memories. Just can't believe it has been 7 years! 

Totally agree, even with the result what a game it was to attend.

Burgess's try, Halls slip when he was away - great game.

I've never seen a stadium go so silent so quickly as it did when they scored in the last minute- I will remember that forever.

What a weekend I was having. Great hotel, great mates travelled down with me. I had front row seats on club Wembley, extra leg room and even had a pint holder built into my chair. It was stuff of deams. We are winning with one minute to go. And then..... honestly, it is the most deflated I've ever been at a game. And I'm still not over it yet.

2 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

One of the greatest games of Rugby League ever.

That's seven years of therapy down the drain, thanks for that!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, Number 16 said:

For me, the evening in the Baker Street 'spoons with three Kiwi friends really rubbed salt in... 

Ahh JWAD, there's a blast from the past.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Some awful game management from England at end of sets towards the end of that. There was just a sense of knowing what was about to happen as New Zealand trundled downfield. 

This.

If Widdop would have kicked for touch on the previous set instead of to the NZ winger we would have won.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

18 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

This.

If Widdop would have kicked for touch on the previous set instead of to the NZ winger we would have won.

And the G Burgess high shot on the 5th tackle gave with just 60 seconds left gave them an extra life. Unbearable. I was with a Kiwi and two Scotsmen, and even though they had started the day for NZ, the Scots were as devastated as I was at the end.

Second most miserable journey home from Wembley I've ever had, only beaten by trying to get home after the Euro 96 semi defeat when many of our "fans" decided to smash the place up on the way through.      

6 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

Second most miserable journey home from Wembley I've ever had, only beaten by trying to get home after the Euro 96 semi defeat

Even so, just think how lucky you are to have been to that Euro 96 game. I had a friend who went to the Netherlands 4-1 game and I thought he was lucky to do that, but to go to the SF is up another level.

The thing that's also a bit sad about the 2013 game is that really it deserved a full stadium. I can't moan too much, because I didn't go myself, but it would be nice if the England RL team could one day get similar levels of support to the England RU team.

25 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

And the G Burgess high shot on the 5th tackle gave with just 60 seconds left gave them an extra life. Unbearable. I was with a Kiwi and two Scotsmen, and even though they had started the day for NZ, the Scots were as devastated as I was at the end.

That Burgess 'tackle' was brainless. Sinfield charging out was probably also not the cleverest move, but I guess he thought he could make the tackle. It was some great footwork by Johnson.

I got the feeling (having re-watched the highlights quite a few times) that Johnathan Davies was disappointed at the end too. Probably not to the extent that England fans were (you wouldn't expect him to be), but I think he recognised how close England had come and how well they'd played.

3 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Some awful game management from England at end of sets towards the end of that. There was just a sense of knowing what was about to happen as New Zealand trundled downfield. 

As soon as the penalty for a HT was given- I knew. NZ didn't have to score from there, and yet it was the end.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

Archived