Wakefield Stadium???

4 minutes ago, silverback said:

(The terrace behind the sticks with the roof is fine.)   no its not, should a been replaced way back in 1975 when it were condemned(asbestos),i remember it clear as day in wakefield express when i lived in wakey,i could see the roof out my workshop in 70s with barrass  & mc ginuess on, all they did was paint the sponser out with black paint for years,then it seemed to get a cover over it of different sponsers over the years,so the original roof is still up after all these years.

I’m not sure what you’re on about, in all honesty. A roof behind the sticks at Belle Vue has only been there for about ten years, at the most. 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

More drawings??

Or real substance?

Time will tell. The management have held off announcing anything until they are fairly confident of a positive outcome. The Chairman himself is cautiously optimistic with statements such like until we're all sat in it before believing it but no doubt it will provide some fun for those who wish to make it over the course of the off season. 

Here's hoping anyway. 

5 minutes ago, silverback said:

(The terrace behind the sticks with the roof is fine.)   no its not, should a been replaced way back in 1975 when it were condemned,i remember it clear as day in wakefield express when i lived in wakey,i could see the roof out my workshop in 70s with barrass  & mc ginuess on, all they did was paint the sponser out with black paint for years,then it seemed to get a cover over it of different sponsers over the years,so the original roof is still up after all these years.

What are you on about. That lid on the north terrace was only built about 5 years ago. I think you mean the old south stand and terraced that was demolished in the late 70s and that is where the hospitality boxes are

3 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Your thinking off the old southbank that was knocked down 40 years ago.  The North stand roof is only a few years old, terracing under it needs sorting but that’s the plan 

the one i could see was still on telly for years after with two big squares painted in it were the sponser had been,roofing firm barrass mc ginuess.

2 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

What are you on about. That lid on the north terrace was only built about 5 years ago. I think you mean the old south stand and terraced that was demolished in the late 70s and that is where the hospitality boxes are

3 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

no ,deffo other end.

1 minute ago, silverback said:

the one i could see was still on telly for years after with two big squares painted in it were the sponser had been,roofing firm barrass mc ginuess.

Are you referring to the east stand which is for seating. That one is being replaced with this up grade

6 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’m not sure what you’re on about, in all honesty. A roof behind the sticks at Belle Vue has only been there for about ten years, at the most. 

you need to check a few pictures maybe.

10 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Are you referring to the east stand which is for seating. That one is being replaced with this up grade

am thinking of the one on the right as you come in from carpark, the one on the left had a sponser on too,think it were some beer company but that were a lot a years ago. might a been changed now but it deffo had 2 big massive black squares in for years,it were a time when the sponser was on flanshaw lane and you could by asbestos sheets no probs,they went bust and it were painted out, my workshop were over near the new houses by ice cream place masserelies.

23 minutes ago, silverback said:

(The terrace behind the sticks with the roof is fine.)   no its not, should a been replaced way back in 1975 when it were condemned,i remember it clear as day in wakefield express when i lived in wakey,i could see the roof out my workshop in 70s with barrass  & mc ginuess on, all they did was paint the sponser out with black paint for years,then it seemed to get a cover over it of different sponsers over the years,so the original roof is still up after all these years.

Let's put you right.

The north stand has a roof which was built by the last club chairman, Andrew Glover, just the year before Carter took over. Up to that point it was un covered terracing throughout the history of belle vue.

Moving along down the side is the east stand which is to be replaced. The east stand is the seating are of the ground, also covered and the stand running along the side you see on televised games. 

Moving behind the sticks is the south end. This is where the hospitality boxes are. They replaced a covered stand and terrace which was demolished in the 70s

Moving next is the western terrace. It has a small bus shelter type stand in one corner but is mostly uncovered and also where television gantry is.

That's belle vue, hope it helps

9 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Old west stand

Wakefield_trinity_belle_vue_original_wes

Thats a fantastic photo, sad too i suppose,we used to stand in that spot when we had kids school games finals a lot a years ago.teeth chattering too.

Archived