Wakefield Stadium???

14 minutes ago, Eddie said:

That’s their best one, why are they knocking that down. 

Its the only one that is worth redevelopment, or at least prioritising that redevelopment first.

The one on your left as you see is actually getting a renovation as part of this. The one on the right is important financially to the club and will be necessary till the new East stand is built. The west stand that the cameras are house in is rubbish but doesn't have too much they can do with it.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rupert Prince said:

Dewsbury seen to be the go to place !

The 4G was interesting.

Good luck and get on with it.

No thanks. Once bitten twice shy; twice bitten #### off!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

48 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Its the only one that is worth redevelopment, or at least prioritising that redevelopment first.

The one on your left as you see is actually getting a renovation as part of this. The one on the right is important financially to the club and will be necessary till the new East stand is built. The west stand that the cameras are house in is rubbish but doesn't have too much they can do with it.

Could they not have the Benidorm flats built on the West stand parallel to the pict house then build a new south stand

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I actually don't mind the loss of what is being proposed. Unlike Cas the stadium hasn't got that same tight packed feeling/atmosphere to compensate for its age.

Yeah there is very little appealing about Belle Vue in its current guise whereas i'll be gutted if and when the heart is ripped out of Wheldon Road. By a long way it's the best away game in the league for me.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

No thanks. Once bitten twice shy; twice bitten #### off!

If you're going to sing an Ian Hunter song just google the lyrics 1st!  

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

22 minutes ago, M j M said:

Why was that stand demolished, was it effectively the home end back then?

Something to do with it being built on Colliery Spoil I think. 

Was a great atmosphere in there because, although you had to pay in, it was never segregated.  Was quite daunting back in the 70s walking into the ground to see the away masses of Fev or Hull KR had arrived earlier and taken it over.  We would still be allowed in thanks to a line of Bobbies down the middle.  The Ponte End at Barnsley FC's Oakwell was very similar back in that period too.  I could get truncheoned by the same Bobby on consecutive Saturday then Sunday in different grounds.  Happy days.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

36 minutes ago, M j M said:

Why was that stand demolished, was it effectively the home end back then?

When that stand was there that concept of segregation did no exist. Fans went were ever they liked. What used to happen was that the fans preferred to stand at the end their team was playing to. The mas exodus at half time when fans changed ends would be a stewards nightmare these days

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

More drawings??

Or real substance?

How many set of drawing have we seen from them over the last 20 years?

I have a feeling they have been tipped off about grounds be graded when the new licencing rules come in, and possibly got someone to mock them up to buy more time to stay in Super League

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Indeed, it seems several Cas fans are suggesting their own club did something similar instead of waiting for a brand new build that has never come. Yorks ground is effectively what Cas were expecting at Glasshoughton, though Newcastle's approach could actually be an effective way to do it (as Wakey are).

Cas have a much smaller stadium plot than Wakey though and frankly I'd argue they'd have to turn the pitch 90 degrees to build anything worthwhile on the Wheldon road site. That would involve a lot more work and effectively mean a new stadium anyway.

The problem with the Cas ground surely is that its too small to start with.  

8 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

How many set of drawing have we seen from them over the last 20 years?

I have a feeling they have been tipped off about grounds be graded when the new licencing rules come in, and possibly got someone to mock them up to buy more time to stay in Super League

That's very possible about being aware of new rules.

Though unlike those times this does appear to be funded.

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

What I don't understand is why do they need a 2500 seats when nobody sits down , just build a Lamport terrace with benches 

I think they want to up the image of the club and enhance the matchday experience. 

36 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

If you're going to sing an Ian Hunter song just google the lyrics 1st!  

Who does he play for?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Who does he play for?

Something the Hoople.  Don't think the swear filter will allow the word Mott?

EDIT:  It did.   Mott the Hoople RLFC

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

30 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

When that stand was there that concept of segregation did no exist. Fans went were ever they liked. What used to happen was that the fans preferred to stand at the end their team was playing to. The mas exodus at half time when fans changed ends would be a stewards nightmare these days

Especially going down that long tunnel under the West Stand. 😬

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Archived