Fans back?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Forgetting the politics of it, I suppose the relevance to RL could only be the Grand Final. If the Super League and the RFL had assurances the relevant areas would be in the lowest risk tiers, could they delay it to #LetFansIn?

Hard to see vast swathes of the country *not* being in Tier 3 and that's zero fans. Is it worth it, financially, for 4,000 even if you could do it?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

Hard to see vast swathes of the country *not* being in Tier 3 and that's zero fans. Is it worth it, financially, for 4,000 even if you could do it?

Dunno, its 4000 in lowest tier, 2000 in tier 2. I suppose there's also the difficulty that the final is in Hull and the fans are in St Helens (Merseyside) and Wigan (Greater Manchester)

This is good news for the season starting for RL. 

It should mean that there can be an element of certainty on the planning for the start of the season dates etc. obviously depending on the detail of this. 

Between this and the vaccine results we are seeing, things do seem to be looking better for the organisers (keeping it purely on RL and not commenting on humankind as a whole!).

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

This is good news for the season starting for RL. 

It should mean that there can be an element of certainty on the planning for the start of the season dates etc. obviously depending on the detail of this. 

But there won't be certainty Dave.

Not wishing to sound negative but imagine if you make plans for Tier 1 and a week before the game you go into Tier 2?

As has been said it really depends on what tier areas of the country exit into. If everywhere ends up tier 3 it's something of an irrelevance. But yes is a positive indication regards to getting crowds for the start of next season. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

1 minute ago, gavin7094 said:

But there won't be certainty Dave. Suppose you make plans for Tier 1 and a week before the game you go into Tier 2?

There is more certainty than there currently is.

Championship and L1 games for example can be planned, as many would not test these limits. They can also be sold to the lower limits until the week of the game, as we do see that there is generally a notice period for these movements.

Just now, Dave T said:

Championship and L1 games for example can be planned, as many would not test these limits. They can also be sold to the lower limits until the week of the game, as we do see that there is generally a notice period for these movements.

Yes of course. 

Just now, gavin7094 said:

Yes of course. 

I think there is also the fact that there is maybe a level of confidence that there will be vaccines well in circulation by Spring, so it gives a huigher level of confidence around starting to make plans to start a season in March. A few weeks ago I think it would have been very risky to even think that. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I'm wondering what the stipulations will be in terms of percentage capacity, you'd imagine there'd be something in place to say only 25% of the total capacity to allow for social distancing. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Just now, DI Keith Fowler said:

I'm wondering what the stipulations will be in terms of percentage capacity, you'd imagine there'd be something in place to say only 25% of the total capacity to allow for social distancing. 

Yes, that's a good point and you'd certainly have thought so. I suppose we are in the 'fortunate' position that many clubs are not testing the capacities!

Just now, Dave T said:

Jeez, don't bring that conversation onto this thread! 🤣

Sorry Dave, couldn't help myself 😀

In terms of relevance to the thread, I may be a cynic but I'm convinced the only counties that will have permission to have crowds will be those without Football League clubs.

Superb news. Hopefully with success from a vaccine roll out we will be able to see a proper season in 2021... if not straight away at least by the summer.

And this lockdown definitely taught is what we missed the most, I can't wait to be stood on the sidelines at Trailfinders with a fist full of beer and live Rugby League to watch. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Superb news. Hopefully with success from a vaccine roll out we will be able to see a proper season in 2021... if not straight away at least by the summer.

And this lockdown definitely taught is what we missed the most, I can't wait to be stood on the sidelines at Trailfinders with a fist full of beer and live Rugby League to watch. 

Yep.... I know its November but when the sunshine came on around 11am yesterday I was thinking it would be to be looking forward to going to Ealing for an afternoon game

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I wonder where the 4,000 figure has come from. 4,000 at Wakefield would be very different to 4,000 at Wigan in terms of social distancing due to the difference in size and capacities in the two stadiums. 

It's the same as with non league football. It seems that whilst social distancing in the ground is an issue, the bigger one is restricting crowds of people when entering and leaving. (There have been examples of clubs having their maximum allowed lowered because they haven't followed the rules.)

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I wonder where the 4,000 figure has come from. 4,000 at Wakefield would be very different to 4,000 at Wigan in terms of social distancing due to the difference in size and capacities in the two stadiums. 

I was wondering this. Same applies to other sports of course

A percentage of capacity would make more sense in terms of sporting venues

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

It's the same as with non league football. It seems that whilst social distancing in the ground is an issue, the bigger one is restricting crowds of people when entering and leaving. (There have been examples of clubs having their maximum allowed lowered because they haven't followed the rules.)

At our football club we are allowed max 300 a few teams in the league had (Prior to lockdown) allowed way over that number we had a 400 and 450 and one club 900 +.

When one checked the league website 3/4 clubs would announce 300 dead + the usual lower end ones 212 136 72 and a dog etc:)

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

In non-league football, they have ground grading requirements at each level, that deems clubs must have things like a certain number of seats for spectators and there maximum attendances pre-lockdown two were determined by the ground grading requirements, I believe. I don’t think we have such a thing in Rugby League, so I will be interested to see how we enforce this. 

Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

In non-league football, they have ground grading requirements at each level, that deems clubs must have things like a certain number of seats for spectators and there maximum attendances pre-lockdown two were determined by the ground grading requirements, I believe. I don’t think we have such a thing in Rugby League, so I will be interested to see how we enforce this. 

*I would guess* that there is a capacity covered by the health and safety certificate and so the % allowed will be worked back from that.

Archived