Town apply for the championship

dkw

So we have officially stated we will be applying to be the 14th team in the championship after ensuring we fulfil the requirements. I'll be honest I'm not sure how I feel about this. Obviously it's an opportunity to not only raise our profile but also our financial status, but I'm not convinced we can compete with the squad we have. Saying that I can see why we are applying and have faith in the board and coaches who have proven to be very clued up. 

We have a very young team . Which I think its great that we have gone down this route . I can remember someone saying ,you will never win anything with young players . Well ask Alex Ferguson  what he thought of that . If your good enough age doesnt matter  . So I have every faith in  Chris and the BOD  applying  to get into the Championship UTT .  

9 hours ago, dkw said:

So we have officially stated we will be applying to be the 14th team in the championship after ensuring we fulfil the requirements. I'll be honest I'm not sure how I feel about this. Obviously it's an opportunity to not only raise our profile but also our financial status, but I'm not convinced we can compete with the squad we have. Saying that I can see why we are applying and have faith in the board and coaches who have proven to be very clued up. 

I agree about the squad, a decent champ 1 team will not compete in the championship. Being whipping boys week in week out will just crush the confidence of young players. Maybe get more funding though so might be able to get some experience?

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Excellent , why not show a bit of ambition and put yourself out there . I’m all for it . We tick the boxes so just have a go , nothing to lose everything to gain . And weve got James Graham on our side ! I’m also desperate to get out this league!

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Excellent , why not show a bit of ambition and put yourself out there . I’m all for it . We tick the boxes so just have a go , nothing to lose everything to gain . And weve got James Graham on our side ! I’m also desperate to get out this league!

Thought he was finishing as a player after the GF.

2 hours ago, Town utd said:

think town should build and wait to go  in championship,if any team should go up it should be barrow with the squad and ground they've got also there support is good for division .

How have Barrow got a better ground than Town? 😂it’s horrendous. Thought Barrow got relegated last year also? They’ve re-signed most last years squad and added a few new editions. Are the really going to be better than they were last year? They do have good crowd numbers though

32 minutes ago, Townie987 said:

How have Barrow got a better ground than Town? 😂it’s horrendous. Thought Barrow got relegated last year also? They’ve re-signed most last years squad and added a few new editions. Are the really going to be better than they were last year? They do have good crowd numbers though

I’d say Lunt, Adam Walne and Ben Harrison will make them significantly better.  Barrow have the best squad, Newcastle the strictures but were a superbly run club and have a great case.

we’ve nothing to lose as the promoted teams going to get games against Widnes, Leigh etc and there away support but I won’t be disappointed at consolidating in league one for another year 

1 hour ago, Townie987 said:

Based on the players they've brought in they will be much better yes.

On 24/11/2020 at 23:34, Neutralfan7 said:

Based on the players they've brought in they will be much better yes.

I'd agree If its on playing ability. I'd say they currently have the strongest squad in Cumbria. My moneys on newcastle as the RL like expansion.

5 hours ago, town4me said:

I'd agree If its on playing ability. I'd say they currently have the strongest squad in Cumbria. My moneys on newcastle as the RL like expansion.

Theyve just booted Toronto out so I'm not so sure theyre to committed to expansion. I think newcastle are probably best placed as a club to progress. But their recruitment says otherwise. I think it'll be a closer decision than what some are thinking?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chrome Dome said:

You win then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I am not suprised one bit by this decision mate. I predicted it as they have a backer and it would be expanding the game.  It does also provoke thought about cumbrias standing in the RL world.

Archived