Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)

Col81

45 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

It would be funny if York got in to be fair. If Bradford get in you have the outcry that they do not deserve it as they have been  mess. For Toulouse, London, Fev, and Leigh you could argue that any of them deserve a shot but if York get in the reaction would be more an "eh?" type reaction.

Why?

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allow Toulouse in, let them play their first 3-4 games away from home to get more towards Easter. Then travel should be opening up and fans allowed into French games. What is the difference between Tier 3 Hull and Toulouse at this moment in tarm?

12 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Why?

They have a couple of good season's for the standards they have set themselves, couldn't carry it on this year with a 0 - 4 return, and are moving into a bright new stadium, Doncaster did that a couple of years ago (without the 0 - 4) would that have made them candidates for SL? 

36 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

They have a couple of good season's for the standards they have set themselves, couldn't carry it on this year with a 0 - 4 return, and are moving into a bright new stadium, Doncaster did that a couple of years ago (without the 0 - 4) would that have made them candidates for SL? 

Sure would H, York score behind most in virtually every category - nailed on😂

14 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

They were dreadful last time they had a stint in the Championship, won 5 games in 2011, 2012 they managed to win the 1 game. In 2013 they got 6 wins & got relegated. 

Last year was their 1st year back after a 5 year absence and they had a great season, would have been a tall order for them to qualify for the playoffs this year having not won a game at the time of abandonment and with Widnes occupying 5th, Bradford 7th & Halifax 8th.

I'm sure we can sweep under the carpet that they were within hours of closing down in 2016 and let's not forget they did fold in 2002....after which this present incarnation was set up. 

They are a good choice. 

With only £1m are certain to come back down amongst a world of hurt. Therefore I am sure their case will be given serious consideration. 

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Of course he hasn’t but facts don’t tend to play a part in his campaign strategy,straight out of the Donald Trump playbook.

Has anyone read all the submissions, has anyone even read any of them considering the application date doesn't close till the 30th. 

All I did was give a view in answer to Simons exclamation 'why' in response to Blues Ox "if York get in the reaction would be more an "eh?" type reaction."

Smudger quantified what I intimated with facts, FWIW I think that it would do York more harm than good to be the elected team, I don't think that they have the correct recruitment for SL and they are the same as far as any of the other teams are concerned where will the additional players of the required quality going to come from.

Up to this moment in time the two teams that could make the best go of it for me are Toulouse and Leigh, but I hope Leigh are not the chosen team I am looking forward to a Championship campaign that I am  hopeful of winning, and more importantly coming up to 'Haven for that pint you promised me🍻👍

6 team Championship Play Off. Fairest way of doing it. Base the play offs on the way the SL did it. Two teams selected as top teams other 4 play and then the winners play the top two. Then the Final and winner goes up. All games played on neutral grounds. The winner and promoted team by the fairest means and no grumbles.

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Has anyone read all the submissions, has anyone even read any of them considering the application date doesn't close till the 30th. 

All I did was give a view in answer to Simons exclamation 'why' in response to Blues Ox "if York get in the reaction would be more an "eh?" type reaction."

Smudger quantified what I intimated to with facts, FWIW I think that it would do York more harm than good to be the elected team, I don't think that they have the correct recruitment for SL and they are the same as far as any of the other teams are concerned where will the additional players of the required quality going to come from.

Up to this moment in time the two teams that could make the best go of it for me are Toulouse and Leigh, but I hope Leigh are not the chosen team I am looking forward to a a Championship campaign that I am  hopeful of winning, and more importantly coming up to 'Haven for that pint you promised me🍻👍

My post was in reply to unfounded,pathetic statements by the smelly one and had nothing to do with anything you posted H

2 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Have you read all the submissions?

No, but I'd like to.

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The meltdown if Leigh don’t get the nod will be epic

Along with whoever isn't included, I Hope it's a merged thread!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 minutes ago, Fev1983 said:

Why not Fev? We deserve it being the runner up last year

If that's one of the criteria they'll be in the mix, position essentially means closeness to competitive, so it should be considered.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I wouldn't read too much into the 0-4 return last season.  Toulouse (which we were in a position to win) and Leigh away might reasonably be expected to be losses (many teams would have lost those) , a narrow loss to London at home was a little disappointing but not a disaster. The only really bad result was Halifax away.   

As soon as the fixtures came out last year I thought we could easily find ourselves losing at least 5 of the first 6 games.

28 minutes ago, gavin7094 said:

I wouldn't read too much into the 0-4 return last season.  Toulouse (which we were in a position to win) and Leigh away might reasonably be expected to be losses (many teams would have lost those) , a narrow loss to London at home was a little disappointing but not a disaster. The only really bad result was Halifax away.   

As soon as the fixtures came out last year I thought we could easily find ourselves losing at least 5 of the first 6 games.

If you get into SL Gavin, it would be interesting to see your seasons prediction prior to kick off, I would assume your squad would have been assembled by then.

PS have a look at Toulouse's 5 - 0 return last season and their opponents.

29 minutes ago, gavin7094 said:

I think the key words here are growth and value.

Which team can provide the best opportunity for the game to grow? 

Which team can provide the best value to existing stakeholders and sponsors?

28 minutes ago, gavin7094 said:

Runners up who finished 5th.

I just dont get this 2018 league finishes, what team will be remotely like the team tgat finished that season going into 2021.

Please explain growth and value leaving out suppositions.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

If you get into SL Gavin, it would be interesting to see your seasons prediction prior to kick off, I would assume your squad would have been assembled by then.

PS have a look at Toulouse's 5 - 0 return last season and their opponents.

Re Toulouse.  If we'd had those fixtures I doubt we'd had been 0-4.  No disrespect to those teams. 

In 2019 we got off to a good start against arguably some of the weaker sides and that gave us a lot of confidence. 

This season the opposite happened. 

Archived