Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)

Col81

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, binosh said:

Bradford without a shadow of a doubt and then watch all the usual board hoggers hammering the word “insular” into their keyboard raging.

They’d be quite right to call that decision insular. I’d love to see Bradford back in SL but to admit them now would be a joke, and a slap in the face to well run clubs. 

As a FEV fan I don't want us 

THEN who for me it's down to two  

First choice leigh because I think they will be our main rivals for promotion  if not leigh second choice toulouse because they bring no supporters to the party and before you go off on one " you shouldn't count away support" I agree but if away fans  only spend £50 it's £50 more than you had the day before and remember

Is it time for Tesco to axe 'Every little helps'?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

50 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

It’s looking like Bradford, given what the journalists are saying. 

I hope they are a success if it is

They seem to be something of a basket case but you can't argue with the fact it's a city of half a million with nothing but a rubbish soccer team as an alternative. Lots of existing interest already and any success could translate to a large scale audience/youth interest 

Remind me again why they couldn't play games at Valley parade? 

9 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Cost is main issue. Figures banded around when we were looking at alternatives to Odsal were more than double cost of Odsal and a lot of fans refuse to travel to Valley Parade due to surrounding area. i'd imagine RFL would insist on us playing at Odsal anyway to get their rental income back.

Will it be:

A; a well run club with a solid recent history of good financial management, with a modern stadium, and a decent fan base?

Or

B: a club that has been in and out of administration but has the recent CEO of the RFL as main owner, and has a hole in the ground for a stadium that makes Bell Vue look modern?

12 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I hope they are a success if it is

They seem to be something of a basket case but you can't argue with the fact it's a city of half a million with nothing but a rubbish soccer team as an alternative. Lots of existing interest already and any success could translate to a large scale audience/youth interest 

Because they want to pay peanuts and Valley Parade want slightly more than peanuts so a deal that satisfies all parties can't get done, but mainly because godly like powers require them to have the life sucked out of them again in a place called Odsal. 

7 minutes ago, Bostik Bailey said:

Will it be:

A; a well run club with a solid recent history of good financial management, with a modern stadium, and a decent fan base?

Or

B: a club that has been in and out of administration but has the recent CEO of the RFL as main owner, and has a hole in the ground for a stadium that makes Bell Vue look modern?

The biggest shareholder at Bradford is Mark Sawyer (with 249 shares) and the man you're referring to is only the 3rd biggest (with 125) behind 2nd biggest, Graham Swain (150 shares).....

10 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The biggest shareholder at Bradford is Mark Sawyer (with 249 shares) and the man you're referring to is only the 3rd biggest (with 125) behind 2nd biggest, Graham Swain (150 shares).....

Nigel Wood steps down from the IRL in the next few days, he might possibly then come to the fore at Bradford.

Sawyer may be the biggest single shareholder but according to this the Wood family own the majority of shares:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/bradford-in-talks-over-odsal-return-as-bulls-target-spot-in-super-league/

However, Sawyer says he intends to fully focus on his other role at Dewsbury, where he has been chairman for almost 20 years, as soon as he can hand over the responsibilities at Bradford and is hoping former RFL chief executive Nigel Wood will take on a big role.

Wood, who is due to step down as chief executive of the International Rugby League next week, and his family have a majority stake in the Bulls and, according to Sawyer, has been working for the club in the background.

“With his wealth of experience within rugby league, Nigel is a great asset for anybody and I’ve been asking him to take on a bigger role,” Sawyer added.

“At the moment he’s just been dealing with one or two little projects but I think it would be good for the club if he stepped up.”

9 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Nigel Wood steps down from the IRL in the next few days, he might possibly then come to the fore at Bradford.

Sawyer may be the biggest single shareholder but according to this the Wood family own the majority of shares:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/bradford-in-talks-over-odsal-return-as-bulls-target-spot-in-super-league/

However, Sawyer says he intends to fully focus on his other role at Dewsbury, where he has been chairman for almost 20 years, as soon as he can hand over the responsibilities at Bradford and is hoping former RFL chief executive Nigel Wood will take on a big role.

Wood, who is due to step down as chief executive of the International Rugby League next week, and his family have a majority stake in the Bulls and, according to Sawyer, has been working for the club in the background.

“With his wealth of experience within rugby league, Nigel is a great asset for anybody and I’ve been asking him to take on a bigger role,” Sawyer added.

“At the moment he’s just been dealing with one or two little projects but I think it would be good for the club if he stepped up.”

Yes the Wood family have the biggest combined holding but Nige isn't the biggest shareholder which is what was implied. The Wood's shareholding represents only 35% of the total shares so even combined they're not a majority 'block' - FWIW the Sawyer family own 33% of the total.

8 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Yes the Wood family have the biggest combined holding but Nige isn't the biggest shareholder which is what was implied. The Wood's shareholding represents only 35% of the total shares so even combined they're not a majority 'block' - FWIW the Sawyer family own 33% of the total.

Altogether now:

"It's beginning

to look like Bradford,

Everywhere you go ....."

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived