Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)

Col81

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, RoyBoy295 said:

What have Bradford offered in the last 5 years?

People do not just remember decades ago when they were winning thins, they remember the recent past.. 

I haven't said I think Bradford should be in SL, quite the opposite I don't think they should get the 12th spot at all.

The fact is though that Bradford Bulls is a bigger name to the wider sporting world and that would be a plus point in their favour IMO.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

City don't want them there.

Bulls fans hate the ground and the area.

What's wrong with the area Johnny ? Can't be any worse than where Odsal is surely ? 

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

followed possibly by York

Cost of the travel will do for York.

1 minute ago, Bleep1673 said:

They have hinted

That's the first time I've heard or seen a megaphone, 4000Watt speakers, neonlights, a symphony orchestra, the Red Army choir and fourteen dance troupes called hinted.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

15 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

The fact is though that Bradford Bulls is a bigger name to the wider sporting world and that would be a plus point in their favour IMO.

The current Bulls are little more than a tribute act. A tribute act without the rights to the songs of the original group. That's not a dig as such as I find it quite depressing to compare the current state of the club to the one at the height of Bullmania and don't really think it would do much for Super League on the branding front.

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The current Bulls are little more than a tribute act.

Brilliant line that!

Look the Bulls for the fans they had a while ago, that might come back, York for feel good and effort & nice new ground, Leigh for a competitive side early doors, Fev because they seem to be everthing that was good about when we started watching the game & Toulouse for expansion and the game as a whole.

This is not rocket science, it's the science government use for covid 19 lockdowns.

Altogether now ;

"Will it be Fev, will it be be Leigh......

You'll have to wait and see!!

15 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Brilliant line that!

Look the Bulls for the fans they had a while ago, that might come back, York for feel good and effort & nice new ground, Leigh for a competitive side early doors, Fev because they seem to be everthing that was good about when we started watching the game & Toulouse for expansion and the game as a whole.

This is not rocket science, it's the science government use for covid 19 lockdowns.

Altogether now ;

Not a chance of Fev getting it. 

1 minute ago, Griff said:

Don't kid yourself.

Gary would want Bradford.

It used to be a huge payday.

Given the close relationship between the two clubs recently, including us paying Rhys Evans' wages this year, I'd think GH would want what's best for Bradford. Whether that is in Super League or the Championship may look different to us on the outside vs those managing the club.

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

What's wrong with the area Johnny ? Can't be any worse than where Odsal is surely ? 

It’s in Manningham, google it. It was bad when I left the UK 12 years ago, I can’t believe it has improved.

Back to the question, I have a problem in that I could make a case for more than one club, such as

Leigh, great facilities, committed owner, solid off field operation, great fans

Fev, also well run off the field, have done wonders with the ground

York, new stadium, big catchment area, progressive club

Toulouse, chance of French derby, possible French TV interest, reward for dedication given the times they have been knocked back.

So the fools will choose Bradford.

London look to have the worst team they have had in many a year and look to be easing off and promoting youth. They are very quiet about their application which doesn’t bode well for me.

Bradford aren’t even a top 4 side in the Champ and can’t get a safety certificate for the ground and have the worst ranked application for me.

Fev are good all rounders and run a tight ship, own their own ground and do it all well but demographics mean they have no chance.

Leigh offer the most competitive team to SL, a ground that Sky TV love and have a generally strong application across the board however are seen as an unfashionable choice.

York are the biggest “potential” of the bunch but I think they need a couple more years of top 4 champ rugby following the Toulouse blueprint. I think they have a real shot of getting up and staying up if they keep going as they are.

Toulouse are the strongest applicant from an expansion perspective, do it right, have earned the right and are probably overall the the strongest application aswell, problem for them is IMO COVID will be used as an excuse for them not getting in when really it will be about protecting the English game and keeping as much money/away fans in the heartlands as possible for the short term.

I actually think it’s a real tough job to pick from all them and try and please everyone. 

52 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

As opposed to London, and Toulouse?

Er ,,,, that was the point short termism decisions means M62, bums on seats, marketable Brand, citylike and ......

Altogether now ;

4 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

I think they'd be a great addition but I would have liked to see them expect from relegation for 3 years, same goes for any team 'promoted'

This isn't licensing, I'm not sure how a club can be given such protection in the current structure. They are doing this this way simply because TWP walked out of SL and Championship teams haven't had a season to work out a promoted team. I'm not sure 3 year protection is required or sensible. 

I think that is a fair enough option for clear targeted expansion teams like Catalans for example.

Archived