Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)

Col81

9 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

What's to say, we don't have relegation for the next 4 years, but just have promotion and slowly increase the teams in the top division by 1 each year.

It would offend no one except for those who'd rather play in Winter and 1969.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

What's to say, we don't have relegation for the next 4 years, but just have promotion and slowly increase the teams in the top division by 1 each year.

This would allow for SL teams to be happy as there's no fear of relegation. Championship clubs have "promotion" and so do L1. It gives the French clubs who want to join the ability to do so. 

Whilst it exapnds the leagues and gives teams different matches again.

Over the next 4 years, you could see London, Toulouse, York & Newcastle in - if you like your expansion teams. Possibly Ottawa, NY (maybe Toronto if they continue - doubtful).

Whilst it gives the traditional clubs with ambition Leigh, Fev, Halifax, Bradford a shot too.

By the time the end of the next TV deal you'd have a 16 team SL - no loop fixtures and some new teams chomping at the bit.

For one, you’re lowering the overall quality of the competition to suit a handful of clubs whilst also allowing others to continue to stagnate, with the added safety blanket of no relegation nor, by what you’ve said, any minimum standards or allowing others who are getting smaller to continue to get smaller. 

2 hours ago, Poower Lad said:

What’s wrong with the surrounding area at valley parade 

As others have said, its a mainly residential area with very limited parking and very few pubs. Majority of City's support is on that side of city so a lot walk to games meaning parking isn't an issue, conversely bulk of Bulls support is southside of city near Odsal so would walk there but need to park at VP. Bigger issues are cost, not just rental but fact City wanted to keep all income from bars as well and the small pitch. We were allowed to play their previously on strict understanding it was a short term deal whilst Odal was rebuilt ( another deal that fell through) but RFL wont allow us to play there long term without extending pitch which would mean major surgery to stands which is uneconomical

27 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

This would allow for SL teams to be happy as there's no fear of relegation. Championship clubs have "promotion" and so do L1. It gives the French clubs who want to join the ability to do so. 

Whilst it exapnds the leagues and gives teams different matches again.

Over the next 4 years, you could see London, Toulouse, York & Newcastle in - if you like your expansion teams. Possibly Ottawa, NY (maybe Toronto if they continue - doubtful).

Whilst it gives the traditional clubs with ambition Leigh, Fev, Halifax, Bradford a shot too.

By the time the end of the next TV deal you'd have a 16 team SL - no loop fixtures and some new teams chomping at the bit.

I would be happy with that but you'd  have to get over the  major obstacles of the incumbent clubs greed & self interest.

Have Superleague ever had a 4yr plan ?

11 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

I would be happy with that but you'd  have to get over the  major obstacles of the incumbent clubs greed & self interest.

Yes:

1) If a club goes bust say sorry and attend the divvy -up.

2) Make sure it's not us that gets releagated ( for certain clubs only).

3) Expect less money for TV because the people making all the profit said we should.

4) Ensure you put a show of supporting expansion and then do whatever you can to make sure it doesn't work.

5) If some clubs are always involved in relegation battles and never win trophies always say it's their own fault!

I think that's a pretty meticulous and thoughtful plan in anyone's money.

42 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Would Private Equity force the clubs into a long term plan? It's all about money & control - the clubs want the former and don't want to give up too much of the latter.

I saw on another board, Wood & Sawyer are not daft. If the 12th club spot is such a poisoned chalice, then they would be mad to put Bradford into it. Unless they had such faith in Kear to put together a squad which had 11th place potential in the space of 6 weeks - or something was going to change in the 2021 season which meant that 12th place wouldn't be relegated. And I've no idea what that is. But PE could be it. If they put money in and make changes, a 14 team league for example. Then they have 2 years left of the new TV deal to negotiate a new, improved one. Or 2-3 packages, new media, streaming, etc.

Why is it taking so long to analyse the submissions and inspect both the financial and suitability to choose a club.

Could it be that the end of November is awaited to see what if anything is going to happen on player transfers at the conclusion of the present player contacts, would it be the panel are looking at which teams would improve their playing rosters, to asses who would be the most competitive for SL?

The cynic in me could also suggest that such a team would not be at the top of the list to be chosen if it may cause concern to some incumbent SL clubs.

30 minutes ago, TrueBull said:

Would Private Equity force the clubs into a long term plan? It's all about money & control - the clubs want the former and don't want to give up too much of the latter.

I saw on another board, Wood & Sawyer are not daft. If the 12th club spot is such a poisoned chalice, then they would be mad to put Bradford into it. Unless they had such faith in Kear to put together a squad which had 11th place potential in the space of 6 weeks - or something was going to change in the 2021 season which meant that 12th place wouldn't be relegated. And I've no idea what that is. But PE could be it. If they put money in and make changes, a 14 team league for example. Then they have 2 years left of the new TV deal to negotiate a new, improved one. Or 2-3 packages, new media, streaming, etc.

Insider information, that wouldn't be allowed would it?

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Why is it taking so long to analyse the submissions and inspect both the financial and suitability to choose a club

Because they don't want show any bias or favouritism!

Obviously.

19 hours ago, Oldbear said:

It’s in Manningham, google it. It was bad when I left the UK 12 years ago, I can’t believe it has improved.

Thanks for that

A quote for you from the Telegraph & Argus

"THERE is a growing feeling that Bulls have every chance of being chosen as the team to take that spare Super League spot for 2021"

Mmmmmm!

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/18900351.super-league-dates-venues-confirmed-2021/

16 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Because they don't want show any bias or favouritism!

Obviously.

16 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

How can there be any bias or favouritism with a handpicked independent panel?

I can't imagine, can you?

Or

Better ask the Telegraph & Argus as they're looking forward to Magic!

2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Not like the league express to print bias reporting is it?

Well I think when compared with the legacy in& out of Central Office and LabourCentral spreading rubbish media, LE comes out of it looking pretty pristine! So it's all a matter fo perspective.

4 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I hoped you picked up on my sarcastic vibe!

I did.

Archived