Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)

Col81

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Why is it taking so long to analyse the submissions and inspect both the financial and suitability to choose a club. 

Applications haven't been submitted yet. Deadline is this Monday (30th).

What I am unclear about is when they say the decision will be announced by 16th December. What does that mean? Next Tuesday? A week on Monday? At random? I would have thought they would arrange a press conference, for, say, the 16th at midday, announce the successful bidder, provide the reason(s) why they were chosen and go through the thinking why the unsuccessful bids weren't, then allow time for questions from the assembled journos.

It should/could be quite an event. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gavin7094 said:

What I am unclear about is when they say the decision will be announced by 16th December. What does that mean? Next Tuesday? A week on Monday? At random? I would have thought they would arrange a press conference, for, say, the 16th at midday, announce the successful bidder, provide the reason(s) why they were chosen and go through the thinking why the unsuccessful bids weren't, then allow time for questions from the assembled journos.

Given the 16th is when we're all waiting to hear which tier we're going to be in after the first review perhaps the government should schedule another date so they don't get drowned out in the clamour of new Super League club supporters setting off gold red and white fireworks in Bradford?

5 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Given the 16th is when we're all waiting to hear which tier we're going to be in after the first review perhaps the government should schedule another date so they don't get drowned out in the clamour of new Super League club supporters setting off gold red and white fireworks in Bradford?

It can't be Bradford though can it? 

I mean, really? 

I know there is much speculation but come on.  Really? 

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I don't think it should, but it wouldn't surprise me.

6 minutes ago, gavin7094 said:

It can't be Bradford though can it? 

I mean, really? 

I know there is much speculation but come on.  Really? 

Look it's in the Telegraph & Argus what more evidence and proof do you need?

14 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Excellent that Tommy!¬

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

39 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Amber, Tommy.  Bradford have never played in gold.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

4 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

I think York have a very good chance.

Please, not Bradford (at Odsal). What sort of message would that send out?

It sends out a message that you can go belly up as many times as you want, break your lease that the RFL got you out of jail with, have shocking credit, CCJ's galore and be put on the pedestal as the business model for all wannabe clubs to follow.

Bradford have huge potential, but cant attract a wealthy benefactor, they are rebuilding outside of Bradford. If you are having a total shake up and going for 20 clubs over 2 divisions they should be in it, but really ....

1 hour ago, gavin7094 said:

What do you want to know Gav, I am this panel so fire away

2 hours ago, gavin7094 said:

Well, trying to be reasonable, the timetable was published first along with the criteria, so they wouldn't have known at that time which clubs would choose to apply. It might only have been one, for example, whereby the process would be much quicker, or it might have been seven, where the process would have been much longer. They have set themselves this deadline but it could, just possibly, be before that date.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Can I be right in assuming that if Bradford don't get the nod then there will be a host of posters on this forum following up with "Fair enough", "I was wrong in my assertions". "Looks like it was fair and reasonable after all" and other similar words of contrition?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

40 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Well, trying to be reasonable, the timetable was published first along with the criteria, so they wouldn't have known at that time which clubs would choose to apply. It might only have been one, for example, whereby the process would be much quicker, or it might have been seven, where the process would have been much longer. They have set themselves this deadline but it could, just possibly, be before that date.

Possibly.  However, they did know roughly how many would be applying, because they announced the decision to admit a 12th club several days before releasing the criteria and the 'by 16th December' statement, by which time several clubs had expressed an interest. So, are you suggesting that after Monday, when they know the numbers for certain, that they will give a firm date for this? Otherwise, it becomes a case of releasing it as soon as a decision is made, i.e. any time at all between close of business on Monday and close of business on 16th December. 

44 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Can I be right in assuming that if Bradford don't get the nod then there will be a host of posters on this forum following up with "Fair enough", "I was wrong in my assertions". "Looks like it was fair and reasonable after all" and other similar words of contrition?

What occurred to me was that all the assumptions that it's Bradford may actually go against their bid.  So many people think it is simply a charade and that the decision has already been made that they may think if they admitted Bradford now then all the speculation about a 'done deal' would look true. 

54 minutes ago, gavin7094 said:

What occurred to me was that all the assumptions that it's Bradford may actually go against their bid.  So many people think it is simply a charade and that the decision has already been made that they may think if they admitted Bradford now then all the speculation about a 'done deal' would look true. 

Your mistake mate is that you think they give a sh/£ about that. 

No gavin all the mickey taking in the Universe not will affect their decision and no I don't really believe it's already been decided and it's the Bulls. I think it's inevitable it will be though.

But as I said earlier, whoever it is, it will all be fine!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Possibly.  However, they did know roughly how many would be applying, because they announced the decision to admit a 12th club several days before releasing the criteria and the 'by 16th December' statement, by which time several clubs had expressed an interest. So, are you suggesting that after Monday, when they know the numbers for certain, that they will give a firm date for this? Otherwise, it becomes a case of releasing it as soon as a decision is made, i.e. any time at all between close of business on Monday and close of business on 16th December. 

So Wednesday morning would be a reasonable time span to asses the bids IMO

Archived