Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)

Col81

6 minutes ago, GaryHall said:

There is a dedicated car park for the stadium for 400 cars both the Knights and York City have agreed a £5 charge. There is also a Park and Ride car  park attached to the stadium. Unrestricted on street car parking is also available within 10 minutes walk from the stadium.

Also, 400 is not really enough, is it?  With 3 to a car that's only 1200.  Very few will walk to the ground, even from some parts of Huntington.  I would think most fans, both home and away, will drive there. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, GaryHall said:

There is a dedicated car park for the stadium for 400 cars both the Knights and York City have agreed a £5 charge. There is also a Park and Ride car  park attached to the stadium. Unrestricted on street car parking is also available within 10 minutes walk from the stadium.

believe me mate - the parking situation round that ground is an absolute nightmare on a wednesday  afternoon when everyones at work - i dread to think what its like on matchday

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

believe me mate - the parking situation round that ground is an absolute nightmare on a wednesday  afternoon when everyones at work - i dread to think what its like on matchday

For those that have not been, can you tell us what the issues are please? 

3 minutes ago, gavin7094 said:

Also, 400 is not really enough, is it?  With 3 to a car that's only 1200.  Very few will walk to the ground, even from some parts of Huntington.  I would think most fans, both home and away, will drive there. 

No , RL fans , apart from those from Leigh all go to the matches on the train 

5 minutes ago, gavin7094 said:

For those that have not been, can you tell us what the issues are please? 

a maze of streets that were never designed for cars - permits permits and more permits

3 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Thats the soccer ground, where the Knights have been playing for the last few years.

am assuming thats the same ground the knights are playing from now- if not i dont mind being corrected

3 minutes ago, gavin7094 said:

Really?  Are you referring to the Monks Cross development, or the residential area a short walk away? 

The guy has got it wrong , think He's referring to bootham crescent where we've been for the last few years

1 minute ago, georgeb1 said:

The guy has got it wrong , think He's referring to bootham crescent where we've been for the last few years

yes- thats the ground-sorry just assumed they still played there

6 hours ago, gavin7094 said:

Sorry to contradict you, but York doesn't really have a well established amateur game.  As far as I am aware, there are now only 3 clubs in York: Heworth, Acorn and the All Blacks (though I'm happy to be contradicted). The York and District league disappeared decades ago.

The hope is that a successful York side, plus the stimulus provided by the World Cup, will stimulate growth of the amateur game in the area. There are tentative signs that this is beginning to happen already. 

How long have Acorn, Heworth and All Blacks been around?

58 minutes ago, gavin7094 said:

800 spaces on the P&R site too so using your calculation of 3 to a car that is parking for 3600 fans within 2 minutes walk of the stadium before using any of the shopping car parking or local on street parking.

6 minutes ago, gavin7094 said:

Is 1980 the formation of the All Blacks Gary, or just when they relocated to New Earswick? 

Also, weren't they formed by the merger of 2 existing clubs, or am I getting confused? 

All Blacks open age were formed 1980, a junior sides played as York All Blacks played out of Dunnington in the 70's.

7 minutes ago, GaryHall said:

800 spaces on the P&R site too so using your calculation of 3 to a car that is parking for 3600 fans within 2 minutes walk of the stadium before using any of the shopping car parking or local on street parking.

Do you know if the parking at the ground will be free of charge for evening kick offs? 

Archived