Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)

Col81

13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Mr Beaumont said in relation to the announcement:-

“As a club our goal will not change on Monday- it will remain to be a Super League club in 2022. That goal will simply become more difficult to achieve if we are to have to compete with other Super League clubs to achieve it, rather than the Championship as planned.

“The anticipation is sure to grow over the weekend. I hope my fingernails do too, as I have nothing left to bite.

“It’s just a shame five of us will feel a little deflated on Monday, but I am sure if we are one of them, we will be able to find some satisfaction in the joy it will bring for the successful club and everyone concerned with it and keep working hard towards our goal.”

If he thinks it would be harder to be in SL in 2022 if they’re chosen as the 12th team, why is he applying? I don’t get that at all, unless I misunderstand what he’s saying. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Eddie said:

Anyone know where, when, how the big announcement is going to be made?

I’d like to think SL have pulled out all the stops and booked out Alverthorpe Working Men’s Club for this groundbreaking event. 

on the tarmac at Ringways with the engines running so Elstone can get out of town fast before he is lynched...fueled for the long flight to Oz to pick up Vlandys cheque..

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

If he thinks it would be harder to be in SL in 2022 if they are chosen as the 12th team, why is he applying? I don’t get that at all, unless I misunderstand why he’s saying. 

He can build the team next season in readiness for SL, it will also help in gaining promotion. 

Apparently there are 3 SL player's - so I'm told - if Leigh get the nod on Monday who will be announced as joining the club in the not to distant future, albeit I should imagine if they are available they will end up at whoever the nominated club is.

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

He can build the team next season in readiness for SL, it will also help in gaining promotion. 

Apparently there are 3 SL player's - so I'm told - if Leigh get the nod on Monday who will be announced as joining the club in the not to distant future, albeit I should imagine if they are available they will end up at whoever the nominated club is.

Yeah I get that, but why apply if he thinks going up next season if they don’t get the nod will be easier than staying up if they do? I’d have liked it if nobody had applied tbh, the half tv money offer is shameful. 

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Have you a hunch who will be selected Robert?

Or it will be understandable if you aren't interested.

I have a heavy heart but will always love the GG...I'm hoping the Kneets get in but with Elstone hell bent on shrinking the game you never know how his next act will go..

2 hours ago, Scotchy1 said:

The settlement for Larroyer was agreed with Degsy explicitly stating that if he didnt accept a settlement Degsy would put the club in to administration if he didnt. 

Tickle got paid after Judge Sherratt told Degsy to. 

The situation was pretty much the same. Beaumont offered contracts he decided he didnt want to (or couldnt) honour. 

Thats not financial prudence and Leigh cannot hold themselves above Bradford. What Leigh did around 2017 and 2018 was morally no different to what Marc Green did with Bradford. Overspent chasing success, failed and others took the hit.

How can you compare going out of business and staying in business, takes guts to cut your clothe and pay bills but it’s easy to roll over and leave destruction everywhere

Degsy left a sustainable club he was willing to offload, no takers so he got the fire back

Your facts seem to indicate you are their agent which were Elite - is this the case

1 hour ago, Scotchy1 said:

The settlement for Larroyer was agreed with Degsy explicitly stating that if he didnt accept a settlement Degsy would put the club in to administration if he didnt. 

The situation was pretty much the same. Beaumont offered contracts he decided he didnt want to (or couldnt) honour. 

Thats not financial prudence and Leigh cannot hold themselves above Bradford. What Leigh did around 2017 and 2018 was morally no different to what Marc Green did with Bradford. Overspent chasing success, failed and others took the hit.

Have to disagree with this, Marc Green wasn't paying HMRC when at Bulls, its in the admin report. How the RFL passed him as a fit and proper person shows the process does not dig deep enough.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/disqualification-for-security-boss-following-hefty-tax-bill

19 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

Have to disagree with this, Marc Green wasn't paying HMRC when at Bulls, its in the admin report. How the RFL passed him as a fit and proper person shows the process does not dig deep enough.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/disqualification-for-security-boss-following-hefty-tax-bill

So you expect the RFL's FPP test to be able to see into the future?

46 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

How can you compare going out of business and staying in business, takes guts to cut your clothe and pay bills but it’s easy to roll over and leave destruction everywhere

Degsy left a sustainable club he was willing to offload, no takers so he got the fire back

Your facts seem to indicate you are their agent which were Elite - is this the case

Beaumont didnt cut his cloth and pay his bills. 

The players did

2 hours ago, Scotchy1 said:

Only one post on this Scotchy, that is so very true that he overspent, most definatley on the quality of the *rabble he was paying, the others that took the hit were the fan's who spent good money paying for season tickets and also turning up to watch them.

The wage bill very nearly equaled the SL cap, paid for playing in the Championship which pre season every scribe and expert had this team winning the Championship easily, I could think of quite a few of that squad who stole money with the effort they put in.

I'm finished with this now.

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Only one post on this Scotchy, that is so very true that he overspent, most definatley on the quality of the *rabble he was paying, the others that took the hit were the fan's who spent good money paying for season tickets and also turning up to watch them.

The wage bill very nearly equaled the SL cap, paid for playing in the Championship which pre season every scribe and expert had this team winning the Championship easily, I could think of quite a few of that squad who stole money with the effort they put in.

I'm finished with this now.

Nobody stole wages. 

If you dont want to make a multi-year commitment to a player, dont sign a multi-year contract 

8 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Must be Bradford

The most ridiculous decision they could make, but yes I think it is. If it is it will show how sad SL is, that they pick a team because they’ll bring an extra 300 fans to one game a season. 

......and Im a Bulls fan. 

I am personally dreading Monday. We should be 6th on the list of applicants. I feel the integrity of the sport rests on Monday's decision. I feel the Newcastle decision was the correct one and similar decision like this needs to made. Rugby League needs to be completely transparent and Monday is a good day to start.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

It won’t happen surely. I’d put Leigh ahead of Bradford. Toulouse, York and London are the obvious favourites. I can’t see the logic of kicking Toronto out because of their poor finances to then promote Bradford who are infamous because of their poor finances (but they bring a big away following)

Archived