Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)

Col81

Can't see it being the end of the world regardless of choice.  Best of luck to whoever wins out and lets hope I get a chance to visit in 2021.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

It won’t happen surely. I’d put Leigh ahead of Bradford. Toulouse, York and London are the obvious favourites. I can’t see the logic of kicking Toronto out because of their poor finances to then promote Bradford who are infamous because of their poor finances (but they bring a big away following)

Why have we applied then. I dont think we have a leg (or ground) to stand on. 

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Think you been a bit harsh on your team.

Your by the far the largest supported club out of the six mentioned and probably the 6th largest supported club in the UK based in a city of over 500,000 people.

I can see why they are one of the front runners.

27 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

It won’t happen surely. I’d put Leigh ahead of Bradford. Toulouse, York and London are the obvious favourites. I can’t see the logic of kicking Toronto out because of their poor finances to then promote Bradford who are infamous because of their poor finances (but they bring a big away following)

are we promoting 2003 bradford bulls?

3 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

It's legit. Midday live on Sky Sports.

On Sky "Will SL Run with the Bulls" Sports...them?

They're like Switzerland on this one aren't they?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

21 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

are we promoting 2003 bradford bulls?

SL want a team who bring a big away following . I think the bulls in SL would bring more fans than Wakie, Salford and Huddersfield. Although the away fans argument is ridiculous, clubs should focus on expanding their own fanbases

1 hour ago, Mumby Magic said:

......and Im a Bulls fan. 

I am personally dreading Monday. We should be 6th on the list of applicants. I feel the integrity of the sport rests on Monday's decision. I feel the Newcastle decision was the correct one and similar decision like this needs to made. Rugby League needs to be completely transparent and Monday is a good day to start.

I totally agree. I'm also dreading the announcement in case for some inexplicable reason we are 'chosen'.

As for the 'away following' argument, the Bulls away following has gradually declined in recent years, as you might have expected. Yes, there'd probably be a boost if we got put into SL, and we'd certainly take more than some of the existing clubs. But any SL clubs hoping for or expecting a humungous away following, such as we had in the early 2000s, are deluding themselves.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

The most ridiculous decision they could make, but yes I think it is. If it is it will show how sad SL is, that they pick a team because they’ll bring an extra 300 fans to one game a season. 

1 hour ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Must be Bradford

A club with a history of being a financial basket case.

Given TV money in advance as they didn't have any and couldn't even keep up the lease payments on Odsal. A shambles of a club.

If this is Elstones choice he should fall on his sword right away

3 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

but BB2017 is still trading??

Yes, it can take a while to wind things up. Company is wholly owned by BBBBB Ltd. The next set of accounts will cover about 10 months to Nov 2019 (essentially to the change to BBBBB). After submitting those I'd guess it will be wound up.

1 hour ago, Mumby Magic said:

......and Im a Bulls fan. 

I am personally dreading Monday. We should be 6th on the list of applicants. I feel the integrity of the sport rests on Monday's decision. I feel the Newcastle decision was the correct one and similar decision like this needs to made. Rugby League needs to be completely transparent and Monday is a good day to start.

Your quite right it would be an embarrassment to the game if Bradford get it, but a few on here question other clubs integrate but it it's fine if the bulls get it.

Archived