Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)

Col81

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

I recall plenty on here saying exactly the same about David Argyle , and Marwan Koucash , funnily I don't here many lauding Dereck Beaumont in the same way 🤔

Calm down, there is no need to be so paranoid all the time. Argyle and Koucash are gone, Beaumont has intimated he will pack it in without the SL goal, Hughes has been here longer than any of them and quietly keeps on going regardless.

As for Monday, Leigh/Featherstone won't be getting the 12th spot, if they did the media public relations disaster and potential for subsequent commercial revenue fallout would be almost like the end of days.

Elstone is treading on eggshells after Toronto, it's Toulouse or Bradford, too close to call.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, silverback said:

HAD LOVE IT..i really would love it just for the meltdown factor, lots a toys thrown outa pram too, but lets face whoever it is on monday will have to make way for the real promotion worthy team/club come end of 2021 season. get yer flatcaps ready for 2022.😀

50/50 it'll be franchises in 2022.

Sky deal offered but not signed, NRL confirmed as sniffing around, there is a lot of fluidity at the moment.

I had my say on this matter and been vocal. The superleague product as gf showed is top class but we must widen auidence to grow the game. 

I would say if not in pandemic times Toulouse would be a no brainer they have the stadium, council support, large city and team. But unsure of how next year looks in terms of travel and if crowds are non existent how financially it affects them. If we take a shot on them then we may see France finally become competitive at international level. 

If not Toulouse then it has to be York imo.

Going to leigh, bradford is this growing the auidence ...well no its not. 

1 hour ago, Whippet13 said:

Calm down, there is no need to be so paranoid all the time. Argyle and Koucash are gone, Beaumont has intimated he will pack it in without the SL goal, Hughes has been here longer than any of them and quietly keeps on going regardless.

As for Monday, Leigh/Featherstone won't be getting the 12th spot, if they did the media public relations disaster and potential for subsequent commercial revenue fallout would be almost like the end of days.

Elstone is treading on eggshells after Toronto, it's Toulouse or Bradford, too close to call.

Technically, they have taken the expansion option in the Championship with Newcastle.

Will they make it 2/2 with Toulouse or is it to ease the Burden of the decision they want to make ?

People on here are adamant and obsessed its Bradford or Toulouse. I really don't understand why ?  Is it because they are both big Cities or something ?  Chris Caisley coming back with his Brown envelopes ?  Odslum being influxed with Solar panels to burn away the fog, Ice and snow ?  Toulouse going to give away 10000 free tickets like Toronto and say they are the next big hotshot ?

I really dont know. IF SLE want to be taken seriously, they will give the vacant spot to the most suitable candidate on and off the pitch for the most suitable reasons. If it is neither Bradford or Toulouse, I hope some of the posters eat their words a little. I get Toulouse (a bit) but they will burn the cash like a hot knife through butter (ala Paris), Bradford ??  absolutely not.

Good luck to the others. Too Early for York who will be just as less competitive than Bradford, same with London, but Leigh and Fev will give it a damn good go of it on the pitch. Good luck to them.

THATS WHAT I PAY MY SKY SUBSCRIPTION FOR !! I want to see a good competitive game of rugby, not a 60-0 blow out in a dump of a concrete bowl or some alleged Mediterranean Paradise full of really, average players. Away from home, Toulouse are poor !

4 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I recall plenty on here saying exactly the same about David Argyle , and Marwan Koucash , funnily I don't here many lauding Dereck Beaumont in the same way 🤔

Maybe if he shuts up every now and then, he would hold more respect from people.

Why is a compliment to Hughes made into you bringing up Beaumont? It isn't all about Leigh all the time.

2 hours ago, winnyason said:

I had my say on this matter and been vocal. The superleague product as gf showed is top class but we must widen auidence to grow the game. 

I would say if not in pandemic times Toulouse would be a no brainer they have the stadium, council support, large city and team. But unsure of how next year looks in terms of travel and if crowds are non existent how financially it affects them. If we take a shot on them then we may see France finally become competitive at international level. 

If not Toulouse then it has to be York imo.

Going to leigh, bradford is this growing the auidence ...well no its not. 

I’m curious about this audience growth metric. What audience will York grow that others won’t? Are you suggesting York and Toulouse would have bigger crowds than the other clubs or that TV audiences would grow more with them in it? Because neither would be true frankly.

France won’t become competitive just by putting Toulouse in SL. France have got worse since Catalans entered. The idea of simply sticking a team in SL makes the international team better has already been disproven. It’s more complex than that.

If it isn’t Fev then I hope it’s Toulouse myself but mainly because they’ve performed consistently well in the championship and do ok on all the other criteria.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

10 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

It won’t happen surely. I’d put Leigh ahead of Bradford. Toulouse, York and London are the obvious favourites. I can’t see the logic of kicking Toronto out because of their poor finances to then promote Bradford who are infamous because of their poor finances (but they bring a big away following)

Fev pulled out mate or just not worthy of your assessment? 

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

1 hour ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

I’m curious about this audience growth metric. What audience will York grow that others won’t? Are you suggesting York and Toulouse would have bigger crowds than the other clubs or that TV audiences would grow more with them in it? Because neither would be true frankly.

France won’t become competitive just by putting Toulouse in SL. France have got worse since Catalans entered. The idea of simply sticking a team in SL makes the international team better has already been disproven. It’s more complex than that.

If it isn’t Fev then I hope it’s Toulouse myself but mainly because they’ve performed consistently well in the championship and do ok on all the other criteria.

The audience will grow in having a 2nd french professional team its won't by having leigh, Bradford, fev as the fans are already there. 

Given another team would give 8 to 10 players of french back ground regular footy it make them alot more competitive than before.

With regard to transferring Super League back to the Big City catchment hub of Bradford it's interesting to note the vibes emitting from the world of Stock Car Racing.

Deep pocket promotions linked to Brisca F1 Stock Cars are exceedingly confident that Racing will soon be returning to Odsal Stadium. 

A recently reported snag for the anticipated awaited return of the motor sport package has been the apparent rumblings from high ranking sources that Rugby League is also sounding out a return to the bowl? The primary reason given was "Super League coming back".

Stock Car hopes are being hindered by associated Rugby League interests that the Racing might cut up the pitch (which was a problem from when the sports ground shared in the past).

If there was nothing in the rumours that Bradford are about to get back in why all the concerns in relation to the hampering of the Stock Car bid?

5 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Technically, they have taken the expansion option in the Championship with Newcastle.

Will they make it 2/2 with Toulouse or is it to ease the Burden of the decision they want to make ?

People on here are adamant and obsessed its Bradford or Toulouse. I really don't understand why ?  Is it because they are both big Cities or something ?  Chris Caisley coming back with his Brown envelopes ?  Odslum being influxed with Solar panels to burn away the fog, Ice and snow ?  Toulouse going to give away 10000 free tickets like Toronto and say they are the next big hotshot ?

I really dont know. IF SLE want to be taken seriously, they will give the vacant spot to the most suitable candidate on and off the pitch for the most suitable reasons. If it is neither Bradford or Toulouse, I hope some of the posters eat their words a little. I get Toulouse (a bit) but they will burn the cash like a hot knife through butter (ala Paris), Bradford ??  absolutely not.

Good luck to the others. Too Early for York who will be just as less competitive than Bradford, same with London, but Leigh and Fev will give it a damn good go of it on the pitch. Good luck to them.

THATS WHAT I PAY MY SKY SUBSCRIPTION FOR !! I want to see a good competitive game of rugby, not a 60-0 blow out in a dump of a concrete bowl or some alleged Mediterranean Paradise full of really, average players. Away from home, Toulouse are poor !

Last season toulouse away win fev, leigh, york, bradford etc.. could be worse 

7 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Not paranoid at all , as you say Argyle and Koucash have gone , but Dereck is still here , maybe Hughes might go if SL isn't an option for London , it's seems very much like double standards , investor in a geographical expansion is welcome , investor in a heartland club isn't 

24 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Are stock cars that popular? I genuinely have no idea!

Stock Cars always got decent crowds in, plenty travelled from around the country to join the locals.

Saying that, the numbers never matched the attendances witnessing The Bulls at their peak.

2 hours ago, winnyason said:

The audience will grow in having a 2nd french professional team its won't by having leigh, Bradford, fev as the fans are already there. 

Given another team would give 8 to 10 players of french back ground regular footy it make them alot more competitive than before.

You know that for certain do you?

Secondly, I think you are getting confused that Toulouse would field 8 to 10 more French nationals in SL, tell me why then that playing in the Championship being a lesser level than SL they do not field very many French lads now, I will tell you why, France don't produce enough player's of the required level, if you married the present Catalan and Toulouse squads there would be hardly enough French nationals to field a full team in the Championship never mind SL.

14 hours ago, barnyia said:

Have the Bradford fans not moved onto new clubs? Will they all come back? 

Do fan's of a particular team do that?

If my team were no more, I can't see more than a handful who would swop allegiance to Wigan, Saints, Warrington or even Salford the furthest of those being only 13 miles (21Km) away. 

It is far more than just paying to go and watch, I have been to many many games and watch as much as possible on TV games not involving "my team" I can observe and enjoy BUT I am not part of the proccedings the same, your team becomes one with you, every other team is just peripheral.

9 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Did BBBBB take on the debt?

Don't know, although what happens to that debt could have implications for the current incarnation in terms of the RFL's financial rules. Was reported that Chalmers had written off what was owed to him and also reported that he had just declared he wouldn't call it in. As for debt to others who knows. BB 2017's next accounts will be revealing. 

5 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Fev pulled out mate or just not worthy of your assessment? 

I can’t see them picking Fev and having a third team with a WF postcode. I think they’ll pick a team that’s played in SL before or an expansion club

10 hours ago, silverback said:

HAD LOVE IT..i really would love it just for the meltdown factor, lots a toys thrown outa pram too, but lets face whoever it is on monday will have to make way for the real promotion worthy team/club come end of 2021 season. get yer flatcaps ready for 2022.😀

I think that it should be Leigh, think about it they go up and most certainly come straight back down - that's what they do don't they - that pesky irritating chancer Beaumont throws his toys out of the pram and walks, no more Leigh Centurions and most likely no annoying Leigh fans cluttering up these pages, it's a win win all round for everyone not connected to the Leigh club.

Surely this cannot escape the selection panels notice.

32 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Don't know, although what happens to that debt could have implications for the current incarnation in terms of the RFL's financial rules. Was reported that Chalmers had written off what was owed to him and also reported that he had just declared he wouldn't call it in. As for debt to others who knows. BB 2017's next accounts will be revealing. 

Thanks for that, Derek  wrote off a big chunk of his loans but that was visible in the accounts. Agree the next accounts will provide a lot of answers

4 hours ago, winnyason said:

You don’t grow anything by killing off current customers in the hope that new ones replace them. You grow by keeping what you have and finding new ones. When RL realises this we will grow

12 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Leigh and their fans are O.K. but they have had their chance .Give a team who has not been in before a go.Whoever it is they may surprise people by staying up.

Or be totally overwhelmed by having a poor squad and a dry pitch that ensures the best team wins. Losing heavily every week, fans deserting them and end up like Fax did whilst being an embarrassment to the sport, ignored by the broadcaster and the impartiality/capability of the sport questioned again like every other time clubs were placed at the top table

The process is a straight facts and figures comparison for the most part, let’s hope they manage those and let the tie breaker if needed be a bit more emotional 

7 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Or be totally overwhelmed by having a poor squad and a dry pitch that ensures the best team wins. Losing heavily every week, fans deserting them and end up like Fax did whilst being an embarrassment to the sport, ignored by the broadcaster and the impartiality/capability of the sport questioned again like every other time clubs were placed at the top table

The process is a straight facts and figures comparison for the most part, let’s hope they manage those and let the tie breaker if needed be a bit more emotional 

If we do continue with promotion and relegation,as i have said before .The only way to give promoted teams a chance is to have it every two years which gives the promoted team time to establish itself and would help with players contracts.

Archived