Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)

Col81

1 minute ago, sentoffagain2 said:

If we do continue with promotion and relegation,as i have said before .The only way to give promoted teams a chance is to have it every two years which gives the promoted team time to establish itself and would help with players contracts.

Why two years? What does that actually achieve?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

If we do continue with promotion and relegation,as i have said before .The only way to give promoted teams a chance is to have it every two years which gives the promoted team time to establish itself and would help with players contracts.

No, it’s for clubs to be FT thus making the jump manageable, hence why I have championed 2x10 in SL to engage all capable and ambitious clubs in a FT structure with P&R between the 2, a third part time structure beneath that hopefully creates the next clubs wanting to go FT and enter SL

2005 Leigh were the last PT club promoted in October, it was a disaster to get a team on and off the pitch in a few months.

Bradford Bulls going up would be an embarrassment to the game.

This is no more true than for whoever goes up.

It's the route that's been chosen and it's as imperfect as it gets, but we can't be an embarrassment or a laughing stock because we're the only ones watching or caring. If we had media coverage that impacted on the general public ( non-TGG loving weirdos at large as we call them at ours!) that may have true. But as London prides itself on providing us with market place invisibility we'll never reach the stage of going red faced over anything we'll do.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

I'd love Bradford back, but I feel their inclusion would hinder their long term prospects, not boost them.

Going up with little investment having finished 6th is not going to bring back the crowds, nor help them compete. They'd go straight back down and get hammered on the way, killing future interest for further generations.

I think it's too early for York. I'd love them in, but think 1 full season in the Championship (albeit a very good season) isn't enough. Definitely potential there.

If you want expansion, it's London or Toulouse. Both competing every year. Both with player production expansion. Only one has a decent ground though.

If you want safety, Leigh and Fev. I'd go with Fev over Leigh due to finishing as runners up before (and Leigh having had a shot recently).

But for me personally, Toulouse is the right choice.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

10 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Calm down, there is no need to be so paranoid all the time. Argyle and Koucash are gone, Beaumont has intimated he will pack it in without the SL goal, Hughes has been here longer than any of them and quietly keeps on going regardless.

As for Monday, Leigh/Featherstone won't be getting the 12th spot, if they did the media public relations disaster and potential for subsequent commercial revenue fallout would be almost like the end of days.

Elstone is treading on eggshells after Toronto, it's Toulouse or Bradford, too close to call.

Why not have six Stock Cars race at Odsal for the place in SL. Each car having the name of an applicant on top. Live on Sky with Baz and Tez commentating.

6 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Why not have six Stock Cars race at Odsal for the place in SL. Each car having the name of an applicant on top. Live on Sky with Baz and Tez commentating.

The 6 majority shareholders could have a fried chicken eating contest at Nando’s in Leigh, most wings troughed in 30 minutes gets the SL place. I’d watch that. 

It needs to be Toulouse but I feel sorry for the clubs as they kind of had to apply in order to demonstrate their future ambitions but all know that it could be very counterproductive to their steady growth to go up, change the squad, get whipped every week and have a loss of interest and confidence in the club.

That also combines with the way the chosen club will always be viewed as not having earned their place at the top table makes it a poisoned chalice.

1 hour ago, Mr Plow said:

I can’t see them picking Fev and having a third team with a WF postcode. I think they’ll pick a team that’s played in SL before or an expansion club

There are no expansion clubs, all of them are established clubs from RL areas.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

You know that for certain do you?

Secondly, I think you are getting confused that Toulouse would field 8 to 10 more French nationals in SL, tell me why then that playing in the Championship being a lesser level than SL they do not field very many French lads now, I will tell you why, France don't produce enough player's of the required level, if you married the present Catalan and Toulouse squads there would be hardly enough French nationals to field a full team in the Championship never mind SL.

I got my opinion and I really don't agree with yours so tell your story walking please 

5 hours ago, winnyason said:

The audience will grow in having a 2nd french professional team its won't by having leigh, Bradford, fev as the fans are already there. 

Given another team would give 8 to 10 players of french back ground regular footy it make them alot more competitive than before.

What’s your evidence for this? Why would more new fans watch the game because Toulouse are in a division higher than they are now, versus say Bradford? What audience are you referring to?

Toulouse already exist you know. They already play the best French players they can get hold of and would no doubt play less of them in SL because they aren’t good enough. You’ll probably end up with less French players getting regular game time, just as has happened at Catalans 

3736-mipm.gif

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

You don’t grow anything by killing off current customers in the hope that new ones replace them. You grow by keeping what you have and finding new ones. When RL realises this we will grow

Don't agree at all sorry but that is lunacy at its finest 

6 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

What’s your evidence for this? Why would more new fans watch the game because Toulouse are in a division higher than they are now, versus say Bradford? What audience are you referring to?

Toulouse already exist you know. They already play the best French players they can get hold of and would no doubt play less of them in SL because they aren’t good enough. You’ll probably end up with less French players getting regular game time, just as has happened at Catalans 

We know the heritage and support of Bulls there a big time franchise I have the making but why rush it. As for Fev and leigh what do they bring a heap of championship level talent and washed up nrl rejects and recycling the same players between lower level clubs ? 

19 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

There are no expansion clubs, all of them are established clubs from RL areas.

Tex it doesn't seem to make any difference how often this is repeated; I think it's why teachers get it in the neck so much, people are genuinely impervious to knowledge.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

26 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Aren't Catalans signing a significant number of young French players for 2021 whilst releasing many Antipodeans? This is a stated change in policy with a longer term perspective.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Not paranoid at all , as you say Argyle and Koucash have gone , but Dereck is still here , maybe Hughes might go if SL isn't an option for London , it's seems very much like double standards , investor in a geographical expansion is welcome , investor in a heartland club isn't 

So every rich business person is the same ? 

Perhaps some people prefer that Hughes puts his money in and doesn't then go on twitter having fights, etc.

Again, not everything is against Leigh.

37 minutes ago, winnyason said:

We know the heritage and support of Bulls there a big time franchise I have the making but why rush it. As for Fev and leigh what do they bring a heap of championship level talent and washed up nrl rejects and recycling the same players between lower level clubs ? 

Explain how Toulouse would recruit any differently ?

13 minutes ago, Click said:

So every rich business person is the same ? 

Perhaps some people prefer that Hughes puts his money in and doesn't then go on twitter having fights, etc.

Again, not everything is against Leigh.

And yet I've seen it posted on here that it's a shame that Dereck isn't interested in backing other geographically located clubs 

But you're right , it isn't all about Leigh , so hopefully some posters will stop bringing us into every discussion , it works both ways 

47 minutes ago, winnyason said:

Similar to some SL Clubs then?

55 minutes ago, winnyason said:

I would suggest Fev and Leigh have produced more top level players than Toulouse ever have. Do you think Toulouse are going to find née players out of thin air? I would bet all 6 clubs have the same players lined up if they are given the nod.

You haven’t given one logical reason it should be Toulouse over the others yet. I’m still waiting for this explanation on the new audience York and Toulouse are going to bring. The best case Toulouse have is that they have been a successful championship club who finished 2nd last year in the league. They rank about the same as the others on other criteria and the fact that they’re in France is a huge negative at this moment in time. This was hardly helped by SLs ‘independent study’ that concluded that having a French team in SL provided no commercial benefits.

3736-mipm.gif

Archived