Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)

Col81

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, westlondonfan said:

Well London won’t be moving to Plough Lane then I assume. Or will they?

Better blinkin' not do now.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, binosh said:

400+ pages was clearly the way to go! 🤣

Delivered in person - that's what tipped it in Leighs favour!

Every applicant had pros and cons, and for whatever reason they've gone for a suburb of Wigan. But that is a whole lot better than Bradford or Featherstone.

My worry now is LB have left it too late to get the necessary quality on board to push for promotion.

The obvious choice when set against the narrow criteria of which club will most likely be able to piece together a half competitive team in 2021. Leigh will be able to generate the revenues, along with owner support, that will give them half a chance, although whether it will be a enough I don't know. 

This decision is only about getting a 12th team on the field in 2021 that isn't a competitive basketcase. There's no point speculating about what it means for Leigh, Superleague or the sport as a whole beyond that. It is what it is. 

3 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Congratulations to Leigh and their fans.

It will feel great and it’s a genuine rugby league area.

Hopefully they can compete and do themselves proud in Super League.

Of course it is. It's Wigan.

Honestly.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

Delivered in person - that's what tipped it in Leighs favour!

Every applicant had pros and cons, and for whatever reason they've gone for a suburb of Wigan. But that is a whole lot better than Bradford or Featherstone.

My worry now is LB have left it too late to get the necessary quality on board to push for promotion.

We look forward to seeing you at Featherstone next season.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Can we dust down that Bradford Bulls thread where everyone told us they were nailed on and it was a fix?

As predicted on that, people spout off, then don't mention it again when it doesn't materialise.

I thought it was a fix at the time - and I do actually think if Bradford could have pulled a few more things together then they'd have got in (it's a reflection of how far they've fallen that they had nothing) - and am happy to say I got that wrong.

1 minute ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

Why, I would have only been livid if it had gone to the bulls.

Same.

I'm disappointed for me that it's not London, disappointed for the game that it's not Toulouse, but I would only have been properly angry if it were Bradford.

Archived