Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)

Col81

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Because I must not tell lies? 😂

Only kidding I've said several times on here that I hope Leigh don't get relegated to stuff the clubs who've voted to give them less money

Agreed. I won't waste any time hating on Leigh as long as Saints and Wigan are in SL. What's the point! 😄 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Scotchy1 said:

I know it isnt,

The GF gets an outstanding attendance and fantastic viewing figures .8-10 times the attendance of the Million pound game, and about 3 times the viewing figures.

See your at it again, the point in question is not the attendance the GF gets, it is that the teams who usually contest that game Leeds, Wigan and Saints do very little to entice the non converted to the sport, that's all. 

Well, having had the curtains drawn on our days in the Rugby League sun by the owners, then the window boarded up, and despite all the gnashing of teeth between Leigh and TWP, I wish nothing but the absolute best for Leigh.  This is your shot and I hope you make it stick.  I hope you shake things up and we can all kick on after this shy test of years.

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Agreed. I won't waste any time hating on Leigh as long as Saints and Wigan are in SL. What's the point! 😄 

It's all right Dave, we'll do all three of you again next season to keep things even like last time 😉

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

You are joking right? There is obviously a large element of you reap what you sow. 

apart from relatively few silly things said, its not been that bad. Mostly people disappointed we are in this position and have no plan to get out of it, seeing a sport going backwards quite visibly and led by a man who seems defined by his refusal to have a plan to change that rather than any particular bashing of one club

59 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You know, I cancelled Sky Sports immediately after the GF and had very little intention of subscribing next year, now I am going to have to get it back, so I suppose as far as Sky is concerned we have cancelled each other out, quite a balance don't you think, bye.

Sorry Harry, but the small number of subscriptions gained from Leigh fans is likely to be swamped by the number of people who are going to give up watching SL as a result of the events of the last month or so, myself included.  I think most people on here realise this even 8f they can't bring themselves to admit it. Enjoy yourself though 

Now Elstone and his crack marketing team can get back to closing that big Dandelion & Burdock sponsorship for 2021.

Apparently testing has proven it complements Tuna Pizza perfectly with the projectile vomiting decreasing significantly

4 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

Well, having had the curtains drawn on our days in the Rugby League sun by the owners, then the window boarded up, and despite all the gnashing of teeth between Leigh and TWP, I wish nothing but the absolute best for Leigh.  This is your shot and I hope you make it stick.  I hope you shake things up and we can all kick on after this shy test of years.

Thanks for that Canabull , as I put on the threads much earlier in the year , they should have put you in the freezer till next year ( or even the year after ) when hopefully all this madness is over , nobody can factor in what we've been landed with this year 

• ckn locked this topic
  • ckn unlocked this topic
21 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I'll be "ecstatic" when they have another "injury crisis" or "finance problem" would be apt...

RL isn't big enough to want teams to decline, suffer or go out of business. That has been the most galling thing about reading many posts, of the type you cite, on here over the last couple of years. Still the usual suspects will show faux impartiality and defend them to the hilt. Its a pity the lack of class argument wasn't applied when people were sticking the boot into other teams and the same people were defending that.

I hope Leigh are competitive, grow and get great crowds in Super League. God knows the game needs it.

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

RL isn't big enough to want teams to decline, suffer or go out of business. That has been the most galling thing about reading many posts, of the type you cite, on here over the last couple of years. Still the usual suspects will show faux impartiality and defend them to the hilt. Its a pity the lack of class argument wasn't applied when people were sticking the boot into other teams and the same people were defending that.

I hope Leigh are competitive, grow and get great crowds in Super League. God knows the game needs it.

Id love to see that. Id love to be wrong. But i just dont think we will see it. 

1 minute ago, GeordieSaint said:

Meh...

... what’s Leigh’s squad looking like?

Well with signing the likes of Ben Flower they've already gone down the road of signing Wigan has beens about 5 years past their best. The proven formula that has seen them relegated before.

Just now, GeordieSaint said:

Meh...

... what’s Leigh’s squad looking like?

Here's what we have so far, in what i think will be their positions. We were already due to sign 3 more players (2nd row and 2 backs) but will probably sign a couple more after todays announcment.

1. Ryan Brierley/ Craig Mullen

2. Ryan Shaw

3. Iain thornley

4. Junior S'au

5. Matty Russell

6. Blake Wallace

7. Joe Mellor/ Jamie Ellis

8. Ben Flower/Nathan Mason/ Mark Ioane/ Adam Sidlow

9. Liam Hood/Matty Wildie

10. Nate Peteru/ Alex Gerrard/ Tom Spencer

11. Ben Helliwell/Jordan Thompson

12. Matty Gee/Andy Thornley