Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)

Col81

32 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

There seems to be momentum with the Bulls. I think they are softening us for a Bulls comeback. I am really dreading Monday anorl. 

Only by the cynical or those that like conspiracy theories. 

Based on the published criteria they shouldn’t even come close

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any team getting promoted under these circumstances would be an embarrassment to the game.

But everything will carry on as normal. It has before and it will now.

Embarrassment to the game? Nothing compared to the farce of the Gateshead/Hull merger.  And about ten people remember what actually happened with that now.

1 hour ago, leytherz said:

dont expect a lot of talk about it on sky sports.the champions league draw and europa league are on monday at 12 aswell

Only want the decision , media will debate it for the next 6 months anyway.

It looks weighted towards Bradford, certainly. I hope not because I’d rather spend a weekend in Toulouse or York than a Friday night in Bradford but thats my own selfish reasoning. 

I’m looking forward to the announcement because it puts more certainty on the 2021 season and gets us a step closer to fixtures coming out and the game starting again. It may have only ended two weeks ago but I miss it. 

It can't be us, it would be ridiculous.

It also can't be Fev or Leigh. I don't mind either if they win promotion, but nobody who wants the game to be anything approaching a credible sport can choose to have these teams in a top division.

Toulouse would be my preference, but I'd be delighted if London or York could establish themselves in the top division.

I'd like to think in three or four years the one chosen will still be in SL and natural selection will have the other two in there at the expense of one East Yorkshire and one West Yorkshire club.

People called Romans they go the house

3 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Leigh is probably the sensible yet boring choice but if SL wanted Bradford back in the fold then this is a great opportunity as it could take many years ‘organically’.

Like most people I miss having Bradford back as a big, well supported, successful big city team

I've heard the phrase 'fish where the fish are' when it comes to RL and I have to agree

Half a million people in Bradford right? That's a massive market for a top flight team to work with. In a place where they have a profile already and a rubbish soccer team

If they do get it I hope its a catalyst for them being back for good. And play at Valley Parade! 

Just now, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Like most people I miss having Bradford back as a big, well supported, successful big city team

I've heard the phrase 'fish where the fish are' when it comes to RL and I have to agree

Half a million people in Bradford right? That's a massive market for a top flight team to work with. In a place where they have a profile already and a rubbish soccer team

If they do get it I hope its a catalyst for them being back for good. And play at Valley Parade! 

I’m always reminded of that Mark Evans dude who appeared on the Rugby Reloaded podcast. Bradford represents something like a quarter of the ‘RL population’. UK RL can’t really afford not to have Bradford in Super League.

For obvious reasons I don't have my preferred horse in the race..love to see the Knights in because it's my old hometown but what I'm really looking forward to is the absolute balderdash Elstone comes out with when the announcement is made. A guy with no idea or vision on how to grow the game babbling on about how team X's inclusion will help to do just that.

6 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

For obvious reasons I don't have my preferred horse in the race..love to see the Knights in because it's my old hometown but what I'm really looking forward to is the absolute balderdash Elstone comes out with when the announcement is made. A guy with no idea or vision on how to grow the game babbling on about how team X's inclusion will help to do just that.

Elstone's hardly the only one in the game in that category though.

3 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

LONDON BRONCOS 

Nailed on 100%

* Commitment from David Hughes (Never has let anyone down)

* New sponsors

* New stadium

* Host of new signings

* Commitment to investment in academy

new stadium? the place only holds 4k

3 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

LONDON BRONCOS 

Nailed on 100%

* Commitment from David Hughes (Never has let anyone down)

* New sponsors

* New stadium

* Host of new signings

* Commitment to investment in academy

New stadium? Where are they moving to? 

Hughes is a top owner though, if there were 10 more of him in the game we’d be in a much better place. 

Fans of whoever goes up on Monday (including my own club) should bear in mind the old saying  be careful what you wish for

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

14 minutes ago, Eddie said:

New stadium? Where are they moving to? 

Hughes is a top owner though, if there were 10 more of him in the game we’d be in a much better place. 

I recall plenty on here saying exactly the same about David Argyle , and Marwan Koucash , funnily I don't here many lauding Dereck Beaumont in the same way 🤔

HAD LOVE IT..i really would love it just for the meltdown factor, lots a toys thrown outa pram too, but lets face whoever it is on monday will have to make way for the real promotion worthy team/club come end of 2021 season. get yer flatcaps ready for 2022.😀

4 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Yes, it can take a while to wind things up. Company is wholly owned by BBBBB Ltd. The next set of accounts will cover about 10 months to Nov 2019 (essentially to the change to BBBBB). After submitting those I'd guess it will be wound up.

Did BBBBB take on the debt?

Archived