Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)

Col81

36 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

It's North American which is the most lucrative sports market in the world

How many rugby union clubs are there in Canada. How many rugby league clubs are there.   How often has Canada played in the RU World Cup.

Before you moan about wanting a top tier RL club in Canada, create a competition first.

The idea that Toronto or Toulouse are the next big thing, thrown ad hoc to be shoehorned into SL is a joke.  The idea that we should have a properly funded and organised plan to expand the game with properly managed clubs is a different matter.

Stop confusing the issue.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Niels said:

European Football used to preclude clubs from the same city playing in the same competition

No.

One European competition - the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup - which started out as a competition for cities hosting trade fairs and for which participation was based on invitation and giggles rather than any qualification had such a rule, for a time. The European Cup didn't, not that it would have needed it for most of its existence, and no other European competition ever did.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

You do come across as very negative when decisions don't go as you want.... never missing an opportunity like this that shows a devision you don't like in a bad light....

You're as flat capped as I am!!🤣

Not allowed an opinion now are we?

London Broncos

Sheffield Eagles 

Newcastle Thunder

Toulouse Olympique

York City Knights

Take joy in these staying up, hopefully, Fingers crossed & maybe joined by a Doncaster or even in the not too distance future a Coventry Bears.......exchanged for one of those I keep getting told have no ambition (& nor should they according to some!) that are sitting chilling in the Championship. Then these Clubs can consolidate, strengthen & make their attack on Promotion, what a competition across the 3 x tiers.  

Just now, leytherz said:

hi everyone ive just finished my shift down pit next to the railway station.what a boring day no rugby news stories.think il have an early night

There was so hint earlier that fans of other clubs should be fuming.....

I've just checked fev's FB banter page and TRL fev.... not one dissenting post. All quite reasonable and looking forrad to 2021.

Enjoy your season mate.... hope you get 11th or better

Just now, Robin Evans said:

There was so hint earlier that fans of other clubs should be fuming.....

I've just checked fev's FB banter page and TRL fev.... not one dissenting post. All quite reasonable and looking forrad to 2021.

Enjoy your season mate.... hope you get 11th or better

hope we stay up n fev get promoted.that day would be fun on here

Archived