Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)

8 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Congratulations to Leigh Centurions. If every club in the system had to go through this process then they would be one of the top 12 candidates so full credit to them. I hope they give it a great crack next year.

I'm proud of the Knights efforts in this process and know that we're a better club for it. Fans, businesses, community clubs, political figures and even the Minster(!) have all got behind the Knights in this process and for that I can't thank them enough. With their continued support we will get there one day soon.

The Championship is going to be a fantastic comp in 2021 and one I'm really excited about! 

Well done Gav, it's the hardest thing in the world to admit defeat and accept it.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"We've got a bit of a PR issue lads, in that we're seen as a small-town sport with no ambition and an actual hostility towards anyone who might actually want to attract new fans to the game." "Wh

From the fourth largest city in North America to a satellite town of Wigan. Small towns, small ambitions, small chance of expansion. Great chance of remaining small, parochial and northern. 

Congratulations to Leigh Centurions. If every club in the system had to go through this process then they would be one of the top 12 candidates so full credit to them. I hope they give it a great crac

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Scotchy1 said:

We know why. People aren't really interested in seeing Leeds and Wigan beat villages in Yorkshire and Lancashire.

See you completely turn it again, I purposely said in the showcase event being the GF which the 3 teams have contested the most against each other and gets the biggest audience, BUT it doesn't spread the sport.

It's quite sad really how you cannot accept it, you know it is true. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

You have hit the nail on the head there will be few of stagnant teams, a little worried and I think a few of there fans are feeling a little threatened. 

Sure hope so, as I said I will be cheering hard for Leigh from afar, one of the reasons I was sad that the whole Toronto episode ended the way it did was that I felt the top level needed a bit of a shake up and that maybe TWP would have been the club to do it, now let’s hope Mr B has something up his sleeve to make things happen there, as there are a few clubs who seem content to just jog along in the lower half of SL’s comfort zone.

2 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I suppose it gives hope to the other town-based heartland clubs that they could be chosen in the future if they have a good enough application.

Andy Hanselman | Want To Create Great Customer Service? It ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I am massively uninspired, but understand the reasons why they were chosen.

I suppose it gives hope to the other town-based heartland clubs that they could be chosen in the future if they have a good enough application.

I just thought we had higher ambitions than this though.

I too am massively uninspired.The only positive I can take from this is Leigh are likely to be relegated next year and there is a decent chance an expansion club will be promoted to replace them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, Gav Wilson said:

It's not defeat, it's a learning process. 👌

Sometime the words we choose to help do more harm than good, my intentions were to show solidarity with a person making the right noises.

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I too am massively uninspired.The only positive I can take from this is Leigh are likely to be relegated next year and there is a decent chance an expansion club will be promoted to replace them.

Be you age Sir Kev, where on earth will they find an expansion side from now, TWP's history and fate will warn them off!

Wasn't bothered either way if we got it or not , felt York aren't ready , London look like they are rebuilding a team so would have struggled , similarily Fev , although they probably deserve it the most , expected Toulouse as IMO they along with us had the strongest existing squads , but in truth any could have got it with no argument from me , thankfully the Bulls idea wasn't real 

So will enjoy the season come what may , do an 11th finish and the Challenge Cup will do fine Dereck 😉

As has been put on here the Championship will be an interesting competition , I might try to get to a few games , or take in the ' Bash ' , good luck to them all , the 5 clubs above will all be challenged by Widnes and Fax and the other dangerous on their day teams like the Rams,Dogs and the Eagles 

I hope to be only playing one of you next year in the league 

There goes my previous assertion that Leigh would never get into SL except on the pitch 

• Like 2
Just now, Harry Stottle said:

See you completely turn it again, I purposely said in the showcase event being the GF which the 3 teams have contested the most against each other and gets the biggest audience, BUT it doesn't spread the sport.

I know it isnt,

The GF gets an outstanding attendance and fantastic viewing figures .8-10 times the attendance of the Million pound game, and about 3 times the viewing figures.

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I seem to recall a lot of people being interested in a village team beating Wigan last time Harry 😁

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Scotchy1 said:

So that was our commitment to expansion? 

For all the trials and tribulations the game, certainly SL, did the absolute minimum they could there. 

Off course they did, Intercontinental Rugby League doesn't work SL didn't bring them into the system, the instruction went out to every SL team to beat them and get them relegated but Toronto imploded themselves before the intention could be realised.

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Congratulations to Leigh.

A truly momentous day for the sport.

How lucky are we to have our wonderful sport being run by such outstanding visionaries that sees us on the cusp of greatness with blue chip companies falling over themselves to get involved,with our international comp that is inspiring young kids the length and breadth of the country to take up the sport.

😂😂😂😂😂

There you are Dav, have you been on fibrillator since 12:30😉

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Nothing remotely implied that you must be a union fan, the way you were talking about pit villages told me that you desire bigger and better places to watch this sport,  but you have got what you have got Tommy make your own mind up accept it and carry on, or adopt something better suited to your aspirations.

I will most likely be visiting Headingley this season, Leeds holds know surprises for me I had a factory quite close to an area in Leeds that makes Leigh look quite well to do, so don't give me all this sh-ite about pit villages, will you be reciprocating and coming to Leigh I will gladly buy you a pint or two, or is it below you?

I was probably born and raised near there Harry, as there's only so many inner city council estates in Leeds, so I know exactly what you're saying. Country bumpkins never like the big city do they? 😉 

To be frank Harry I'm not sure whether I'll be going to many Rhinos away games this year due to work, and as I won't have a car either will almost certainly not be going to Leigh sadly. But if you are in Leeds I'll take you to one of those scary places for a pint, or one of the student pubs if you'll feel safer? 😉

That said, please don't ever tell me to go watch Union again. 

• Like 1
  • ckn locked this topic
  • ckn unlocked this topic